R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #12391
Regional Moderator
 
RobsRacin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 874
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

It's so hard to even read his posts....

I run the losi arm on mine
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:41 PM   #12392
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Middle, TN.
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Along these same lines, I tried installing the "F" servo arm from the kit onto my Savox 1258, but it won't fit. I thought (and read) that the Savox and Futaba shared the same spline count (25?), so I'm not sure why it doesn't fit. I may be able to force it on, but that's just a problem waiting to happen if it get damaged in the process.

Has anyone else had luck installing a plastic AE servo arm onto a Savox? If so, which arm works?

Thanks!
Tommy
I'm using the F on my Protek servo with 25 tooth spline. I've swapped servo horns between Protek and Savox before.
__________________
Tekno EB48.2, ET48, SCT410
Hot Bodies D413
AE B5M, T5M
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:36 PM   #12393
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 55
Default

Hi all, sorry guys but been advised to post my questions here (hot topic in itself I know), I wonder if any of you can advise on some final specs for my B5M build?

Is it worth going low profile on the servo? My thoughts were that the weight gain might be worth it but at the same time 2wd's are lighter up front anyway and I may want that weight there for jump balance.

I was recommended Trinity LiPo's, will the squares (Full brick) fit the B5M okay? Manual states saddles or shorties only. The 6000 rating would give me some more practice time between charges.

Trinity motors also look very nice, looking at the D4, there are a couple of variants, what are the differences between the short stack and ordinary? "17.5 D4 1S Short Stack Spec Motor Maxzilla"

Lastly, the shock oil's, I was going to upgrade from out of the box as the SRDC has some killer jumps, I was thinking around 200 for the fronts and at least 400 for the rears... Muchmore racing are a good source of oil arent they?

Sorry for all the questions, I'll be out of everyone's way now :-).

Thanks, Richard
bizarrefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:58 PM   #12394
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Middle, TN.
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarrefish View Post
Hi all, sorry guys but been advised to post my questions here (hot topic in itself I know), I wonder if any of you can advise on some final specs for my B5M build?

Is it worth going low profile on the servo? My thoughts were that the weight gain might be worth it but at the same time 2wd's are lighter up front anyway and I may want that weight there for jump balance.

I was recommended Trinity LiPo's, will the squares (Full brick) fit the B5M okay? Manual states saddles or shorties only. The 6000 rating would give me some more practice time between charges.

Trinity motors also look very nice, looking at the D4, there are a couple of variants, what are the differences between the short stack and ordinary? "17.5 D4 1S Short Stack Spec Motor Maxzilla"

Lastly, the shock oil's, I was going to upgrade from out of the box as the SRDC has some killer jumps, I was thinking around 200 for the fronts and at least 400 for the rears... Muchmore racing are a good source of oil arent they?

Sorry for all the questions, I'll be out of everyone's way now :-).

Thanks, Richard
I don't have much in the way of answers for you but it looks like petitrc has several setups specifically for SDRC.

Check them out here

EDIT: Or maybe I'm dyslexic as I now see that you wrote SRDC rather than SDRC. Still worth checking the setups on peticrc though.
__________________
Tekno EB48.2, ET48, SCT410
Hot Bodies D413
AE B5M, T5M
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #12395
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScream View Post
I don't have much in the way of answers for you but it looks like petitrc has several setups specifically for SDRC.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm dyslexic as I now see that you wrote SRDC rather than SDRC. Still worth checking the setups on peticrc though.
No, I just type with my knuckles sorry and thanks! great help.
bizarrefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #12396
Moderator
 
bds81175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Litchfield, Minnesota
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Enough with the chassis talk! It has gone beyond ridiculous. Any more negativity and bickering and infractions are going to start being doled out.

bizarrefish, don't worry about getting out of anyone's way. Those are the kinds of questions that are supposed to be on this thread. I can speak for a couple of them.

I've been running a standard size servo in my stock buggy with no problems. To me, light weight isn't the key. Well placed weight is. I've seen low profile servos grind up gears (mainly in 4x4 buggy) so I haven't made the switch.

Squares will work. I've been running SMC batteries for quite a while now with good success. They are substantially cheaper and I am able to talk to the owner of the company pretty easily. I trust the guy.

As far as shock oil goes, I would talk to some of the other guys at SDRC. Its a big, awesome track so there are bound to be plenty of other B5M drivers that could steer you in the right direction. I know its a generalization but typically the front runs a heavier oil than the rear.
__________________
Current Racers: AE B6D, Tekno SCT410, Tekno EB48.3
Full Throttle R/C Raceway www.ftrcr.com, Psycho Dog Racing Team, Team Holy Rollers - Greatest RC race team on the planet. Well, at least the team with the best sponsor.
Tekno RC
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #12397
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 229
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarrefish View Post
Hi all, sorry guys but been advised to post my questions here (hot topic in itself I know), I wonder if any of you can advise on some final specs for my B5M build?

Is it worth going low profile on the servo? My thoughts were that the weight gain might be worth it but at the same time 2wd's are lighter up front anyway and I may want that weight there for jump balance.

I was recommended Trinity LiPo's, will the squares (Full brick) fit the B5M okay? Manual states saddles or shorties only. The 6000 rating would give me some more practice time between charges.

Trinity motors also look very nice, looking at the D4, there are a couple of variants, what are the differences between the short stack and ordinary? "17.5 D4 1S Short Stack Spec Motor Maxzilla"

Lastly, the shock oil's, I was going to upgrade from out of the box as the SRDC has some killer jumps, I was thinking around 200 for the fronts and at least 400 for the rears... Muchmore racing are a good source of oil arent they?

Sorry for all the questions, I'll be out of everyone's way now :-).

Thanks, Richard
I read your first post and read that you wanted to start stock and quickly move to mod. As someone that wants to do the same and has extensively researched the crap out of this I just wanted to point something out. You mentioned that you wanted to use the tekin rs gen2 which only supports 8.5t and up, so I'm not sure what mod motor you may be wanting in the future, but it's something to consider. You could get the Tekin RSX which supports down to 2.5t, but it's insane that this costs more than the 1/8th scale esc's. Anyway I opted for a Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1, granted I have zero experience with this esc, but I was able to buy the esc, the program card, a 17.5t, and an 8.5t motor for less than the cost of the RSX. There are plenty of other esc's out there too, that get a lot of praise. I used to have all Tekin and I never had a bad experience, but this time around I couldn't spend Tekin money.
__________________
MBX7R Eco--Tekin Gen 2 1900kv, RC10B5m Factory Lite on order, Hitec Lynx 4s


All sold: RC8.2E--Tekin RX8 1900kv, DEX408--Tekin RX8 1900kv, SC104x4--RX8 Pro4 4000kv, E-Revo Brushless, Hpi Sprint 2 Drift, Airtronics mt-4,
jjahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #12398
Tech Regular
 
JeepnMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maple Valley, WA (TRCR)
Posts: 468
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjahn View Post
I opted for a Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1, granted I have zero experience with this esc, but I was able to buy the esc, the program card, a 17.5t, and an 8.5t motor for less than the cost of the RSX. There are plenty of other esc's out there too, that get a lot of praise. I used to have all Tekin and I never had a bad experience, but this time around I couldn't spend Tekin money.
I actually like my Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1 more than my Tekin RS Gen2 FWIW. It takes a little bit of thinking to get the right firmware, but once that is done, it has been a sweet ESC. I think they look better, they can handle anything you can throw at them, the brakes feel better (to me), it is a nice ESC. The PC interface isn't as nice as the Hotwire, but works fine for my needs. At less than half of the price of Tekin products, I will be using Speed Passion as my Tekin stuff ages.
__________________
TRF801x - DB01RR - B5m Lite - TB03 - Variety Of Vintage Tamiya
JeepnMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #12399
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 229
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnMike View Post
I actually like my Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1 more than my Tekin RS Gen2 FWIW. It takes a little bit of thinking to get the right firmware, but once that is done, it has been a sweet ESC. I think they look better, they can handle anything you can throw at them, the brakes feel better (to me), it is a nice ESC. The PC interface isn't as nice as the Hotwire, but works fine for my needs. At less than half of the price of Tekin products, I will be using Speed Passion as my Tekin stuff ages.
Good to know. I definitely agree that it looks better, to me it's really one of the better looking esc's! It doesn't seem as user friendly with having to change firmwares just to go stock to mod, but I figure I wouldn't be doing it that often for it to matter. I'm not one to constantly make adjustments all the time anyway, once I get it set right I just leave it alone.
__________________
MBX7R Eco--Tekin Gen 2 1900kv, RC10B5m Factory Lite on order, Hitec Lynx 4s


All sold: RC8.2E--Tekin RX8 1900kv, DEX408--Tekin RX8 1900kv, SC104x4--RX8 Pro4 4000kv, E-Revo Brushless, Hpi Sprint 2 Drift, Airtronics mt-4,
jjahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #12400
Tech Master
 
Cridd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Bizarre On the low pro servo, I think you give up too much torque even in 2wd. I use the XP 1015 and a Sanwa 94661. Sanwa is a little lighter. If your a Reedy fan they look pretty cool. I think a shorty is the way to go, the brick is real heavy but would be good on a loose track. Battery is charged between runs most of the time, have to let your motor cool anyway. I run the D4's and like them. Shock oil is easy to change so you can start with stock set up and change and test when you want. It's all fun, good luck.
__________________
Chris
B6D / T5M / SC5M
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:47 PM   #12401
Tech Master
 
Cridd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Can't belive that SRS didn't have a misting system, big expense though. That place looked cool from the pictures. The tires looked insane with the clay on them. As my son gets older maybe we can head that way one year.
__________________
Chris
B6D / T5M / SC5M
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:53 PM   #12402
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Middle, TN.
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I'm running a Protek 160T low profile servo in mine at 7.4 volts and it's been great. The specs published by amain show it to be stronger than the XP 1015.

Unfortunately amain publishes dynamic torque numbers for their servos so it's hard to compare them with other brands based on the specs. But I like mine enough that I ordered another one to go in my T5M when it arrives.
__________________
Tekno EB48.2, ET48, SCT410
Hot Bodies D413
AE B5M, T5M
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:53 PM   #12403
Tech Master
 
Cridd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

When the FT lite hits going to do a rebuild with the new chassis, and fresh plastics, can't wait to see the weigh in. I may go to a heavier and bigger battery then.

Did you guys see those pics of guys drilling holes in their parts at SRS. Crazy. When I saw that wanted to throw my 17.5 in the trash and get a 7.5. .
__________________
Chris
B6D / T5M / SC5M
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #12404
Tech Master
 
Cridd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScream View Post
I'm running a Protek 160T low profile servo in mine at 7.4 volts and it's been great. The specs published by amain show it to be stronger than the XP 1015.

Unfortunately amain publishes dynamic torque numbers for their servos so it's hard to compare them with other brands based on the specs. But I like mine enough that I ordered another one to go in my T5M when it arrives.
Specs do look good, but that is funky on the dynamic numbers, why not just do it the same way as everybody else.
__________________
Chris
B6D / T5M / SC5M
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #12405
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,945
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
When the FT lite hits going to do a rebuild with the new chassis, and fresh plastics, can't wait to see the weigh in. I may go to a heavier and bigger battery then.

Did you guys see those pics of guys drilling holes in their parts at SRS. Crazy. When I saw that wanted to throw my 17.5 in the trash and get a 7.5. .
locals take stock racing to a new level. I have known about the outdrive drilling for a while
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net