Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ball cup tool

Leigh
Did you buy that ball cup tool you talked about? I'd like to borrow it at the track. My cups are all over the place some loose some binding. I could chuck the studs but seems like the tool would be easier
Old 07-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Not yet, I have been very busy trying to go through 3 cars and prep for this weekend. I was going to try and make a video of me using a dremal, scotch bright pad and 800 grit to makes the balls smooth. The problem is.....It failed mostly, lol. It did improve and my suspension does not bind near as bad.....but its still not where I want it. The rods would still stand at a 45 deg angle without the suspension to pull them down. Not nearly as free as the tlr cups. Maybe travis will bring his car by and his 4mm tool for me to try and see how it works on friday or saturday. BTW, I just realized the race was a 3 day event. Nice, no "big" races in years and I pop my cherry on a 3 day event. At least I will be running 2 classes. Well, I can work on cleaning my cars and chatting it up in the pits. Hopefully my 9 year old does not go stir crazy. I am making her practice for 8 hours on Friday...Muhaaaa. She says she wants a first place trophy...so gonna make her work for it.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
For anyone that would like to try out my setup here is the link to it:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...E89F581%211364

Would love to hear feedback from whoever tries it out.. Seems to be pretty good at my local setup..

Damp-wet
med-high traction
That's a lot of timing and some steep gearing for our tracks. Is your car fast?
Old 07-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
For anyone that would like to try out my setup here is the link to it:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...E89F581%211364

Would love to hear feedback from whoever tries it out.. Seems to be pretty good at my local setup..

Damp-wet
med-high traction
Running slicks is very key
Old 07-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Not yet, I have been very busy trying to go through 3 cars and prep for this weekend. I was going to try and make a video of me using a dremal, scotch bright pad and 800 grit to makes the balls smooth. The problem is.....It failed mostly, lol. It did improve and my suspension does not bind near as bad.....but its still not where I want it. The rods would still stand at a 45 deg angle without the suspension to pull them down. Not nearly as free as the tlr cups. Maybe travis will bring his car by and his 4mm tool for me to try and see how it works on friday or saturday. BTW, I just realized the race was a 3 day event. Nice, no "big" races in years and I pop my cherry on a 3 day event. At least I will be running 2 classes. Well, I can work on cleaning my cars and chatting it up in the pits. Hopefully my 9 year old does not go stir crazy. I am making her practice for 8 hours on Friday...Muhaaaa. She says she wants a first place trophy...so gonna make her work for it.
I actually borrowed a buddy of mines tool. I know that Duncans R/C on 59th and Greenway has one for sale, Tony one of the employees that works there will even bring it to the track with him if you need it. If not Duncans is only about 5 min from the track, I try and shop there when I can they have awesome customer service and are a small shop so I try and help where I can. I made a chuck for my drill to screw in the ball cups and polished them, bought shorter titanium turnbuckles and new balls, none of that fixed the problem they helped but the reamer took me 5 min to ream the cups and worked perfect!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevmaro
That's a lot of timing and some steep gearing for our tracks. Is your car fast?
It's comparable to others that is running at the same track.. I'm coming off at 130-145*. (It's Addiction, I haven't ran at ICRC since it reopened)

For those who can't access it here it is on FileSnack:

http://snk.to/f-cdtjac1o
Old 07-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scythe23
I actually borrowed a buddy of mines tool. I know that Duncans R/C on 59th and Greenway has one for sale, Tony one of the employees that works there will even bring it to the track with him if you need it. If not Duncans is only about 5 min from the track, I try and shop there when I can they have awesome customer service and are a small shop so I try and help where I can. I made a chuck for my drill to screw in the ball cups and polished them, bought shorter titanium turnbuckles and new balls, none of that fixed the problem they helped but the reamer took me 5 min to ream the cups and worked perfect!
What was your procedure? Do you pop the cup on the tool and turn a couple times or what?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
What was your procedure? Do you pop the cup on the tool and turn a couple times or what?
The reamer I had was too small for the ball cups so I just worked it around the inside. It was really easy and took about 30 sec per cup. Really there are a ton of posts on what to do to free up your cups (I have tried them all and this is the only one that works perfect) and this will take a few min and cost 10 for a reamer. I don't know what size to get but any rc store that carries heli parts will have this because almost every heli ball cup has to be reamed because they are essential that they are free on a heli. Even if the reamer is too small it still works great. So the procedure was just to pull the cups off put the reamer in where the ball stud goes ream around the inside of the cup a little (you only need to remove a little plastic) and your done. This way you free up the inside but the outside is still nice and tight so it won't pop off.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Prophet

After a that mid/rm stuff, some guy took some video of a club stock and mod race. I was trying to see who was mm and who was RM. See for yourself

wednesday night mayhem

stock 17.5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ZUftHtMzc

mod buggy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD1HAILCKHQ
Old 07-10-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So much sloppy driving and mistakes in that stock main. Didn't matter what which car you'd run or how many lightweight parts you got. When you make that many mistakes any driver with a clean run would've won.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Legend

Edit
Watch wrong video..

A

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-10-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by aeRayls
So much sloppy driving and mistakes in that stock main. Didn't matter what which car you'd run or how many lightweight parts you got. When you make that many mistakes any driver with a clean run would've won.
The cars looked a little loose to me. Track has lost grip imo since they went to misters. More consistent, but not as high. Can you beat all of those guys Adam? Never seen you drive, so I dont know. Ashe Deering was the winner.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Great looking track.. nice facility!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Finished getting my MM 17.5 car ready for tomorrow. I shaved some weight, but she is down to 1600 grams. I dropped about 30 grams. Mostly from the rear of the car, so hopefully it still has traction.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone used the Turnigy ultimate short packs? I picked one up because it was one of few 5mm batteries I could find and I may be getting a RM soon so I wanted another pack. Probably wouldn't race with it over my Aero-Model but all in all is it a decent pack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.