Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Yeah, camber is easy to set. My issue is, when I change camber, toe changes also. Its a back an forth thing. I will try the ruler method you suggested for toe, as my eyeing it method takes a while, lol. Again, I can do it, I just dislike it, lol. Was looking for an easier/faster way to get the toe and camber right. Again, camber is easy. But it messes with toe, so i go back and forth.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
So, I need to replace my steel turnbuckles with lunsfords. I have been delaying the effort because I HATE setting up the front toe and camber. Even when I measured my links during the initial build, I noticed it was way off. I eventually get it all sorted out, but the effort is painful, and lots of trial and error. Does anyone have good tips for get the front end at zero toe and 1 deg camber the first time? I have been debating getting setup wheels and maybe a board of some sort.
I just did the same thing yesterday and put Lunsfords on mine. I used my calipers to measure the distance between the cups (exposed part of turnbuckle) and re-set the lunsfords to that measurement when I put it back together. Went quick and easy, and all my settings are exactly the same.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vfrninja
Just finished my mm build and have encountered a problem. I assembled my gearbox with ceramic bearings to start. There's a rough spot somewhere and I've checked the gears for debris and it's clean. The two halves of the gearbox don't close all the way in a couple spots too. Anyone have these issues too?
I had the same issue. Put the top shaft in the case, then the first idler next to the top shaft and put the case halves together. Spin the top shaft and see if it's free. Then do the same with the other idler gear. I bet you will find one of the two idlers feels rough.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC
I just did the same thing yesterday and put Lunsfords on mine. I used my calipers to measure the distance between the cups (exposed part of turnbuckle) and re-set the lunsfords to that measurement when I put it back together. Went quick and easy, and all my settings are exactly the same.
yeah, I was planning to do that...but I like to tinker, lol. I am currently using LONG links front and rear. I plan to goto inside/inside front and inside/outside 2 hole in the rear. So my measurements wont be the same. Since i am using kit front positions, I plan to use the kit measurements up front and then adjust from there. The rear is super easy and not even worth talking about, lol. Maybe tonight I will start polishing my balls and start working on it. I saw a guy at the track using the DE setup wheels and was debating if that was even worth it.

Also, I posted a cup binding video last week. I might do a small before and after polishing one to demonstrate how much you can free them up with a dremel and some 800 grit. I just spent the entire weekend moving and now unpacking, so my RC free time has been hampered.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Yeah, camber is easy to set. My issue is, when I change camber, toe changes also. Its a back an forth thing. I will try the ruler method you suggested for toe, as my eyeing it method takes a while, lol. Again, I can do it, I just dislike it, lol. Was looking for an easier/faster way to get the toe and camber right. Again, camber is easy. But it messes with toe, so i go back and forth.
The camber shouldn't affect the toe. I have never had that problem on any of my cars. Just make sure to drop the car and settle the suspension before each link you adjust, and after you adjust each link to make sure the car is settled. You can easily push the car down and have one corner measure to -1 camber, but as soon as you settle it have it be -1.5 or something like that. Same goes with adjusting toe. Settle-measure-adjust-settle-measure- repeat. Additionally when adjusting front toe I like to do it with the car on so that the steering doesn't move and is held in place by the servo. Helps eliminate changes from ackerman.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mschumi101
The camber shouldn't affect the toe. I have never had that problem on any of my cars. Just make sure to drop the car and settle the suspension before each link you adjust, and after you adjust each link to make sure the car is settled. You can easily push the car down and have one corner measure to -1 camber, but as soon as you settle it have it be -1.5 or something like that. Same goes with adjusting toe. Settle-measure-adjust-settle-measure- repeat. Additionally when adjusting front toe I like to do it with the car on so that the steering doesn't move and is held in place by the servo. Helps eliminate changes from ackerman.
I push down to the max then release. Isn't that the same as dropping the car? Seems like it would even be more consistent.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah123
I push down to the max then release. Isn't that the same as dropping the car? Seems like it would even be more consistent.
Yeah, pushing it all the way down or dropping it should do the same thing. On my touring cars I always push down then release. But with buggies I prefer to drop them as that is how they will settle after a jump. Just my logic, but both methods should achieve the same results.

And by pushing down I meant when you are actually adjusting the link itself. And you fail to settle the car after adjusting. Sorry, should have made that more clear.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Prophet

If you drop of push the car down, it should return to the ride height settings. I like to drop it to because its more fun, lol.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mschumi101
The camber shouldn't affect the toe.

Camber will always affect toe. Don't believe it? Pop the inner ball cup off the caber link and tilt the wheel in and out using the camber link. You will see the toe also changes, although it's not a whole lot when your talking small camber adjustments. That's why its a good idea to adjust camber first before you move on to toe.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Camber will always affect toe. Don't believe it? Pop the inner ball cup off the caber link and tilt the wheel in and out using the camber link. You will see the toe also changes, although it's not a whole lot when your talking small camber adjustments. That's why its a good idea to adjust camber first before you move on to toe.
+1
Old 06-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tlr wheels

Just wanted to share for those like me that are just trying without letting go their TLR cars.

I did this mod a while ago on my team-c vehicule so ive re-use it on the b5m. Ive cut the 22 front hex and drill them bigger. Used cuntershunk screw and a 1mm spacer to get same offset.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-photo-1.jpg  
Old 06-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

100% correct.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

what is a good competitive servo, motor, esc setup for this buggy? Will be running on an indoor carpet track
Old 06-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am really liking the hacker motor and esc's orion makes a nice esc as well. As for servos you can't go wrong with savox
Old 06-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Photocycler
what is a good competitive servo, motor, esc setup for this buggy? Will be running on an indoor carpet track
There's thousands of choices out there. Best bet is to read up on the different equipment your considering and make your own choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.