Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree136Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Two questions - I seem to remember seeing that the RB6 stock body fits well on the B5M. Does it fit good enough to velcro on or ??

Also, have you guys seen these nice looking aluminum parts? They have an aluminum version of the plastic rear hub, the rear camber piece, shock bushings, front hinge pin holder without the annoying holes in the front, etc. Prices seem good too. http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...egory&path=117
Old 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

In general. The STRC stuff is of low quality. Kinda like the integy stuff.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
In general. The STRC stuff is of low quality. Kinda like the integy stuff.
So a rear camber mount would be OK while a bulkhead might not be?
Old 06-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by gticlay
huh? I would not currently buy any of their stuff. The car does not seem to need extra aluminum anywhere aside from the camber block (whatever AE calls it). And I picked up the AE one. I pretty much hoped that the AE aluminum is of higher grade than the STRC stuff. I see no reason for the alum pin brace and bulkhead. If you want to bling up the car and dont want to spend much, the STRC is cost effective.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Legend

That thing may never break but it does bend after a few hard landings.

Stick with the plastic.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

How much rebound do you usually want?

I have heard anywhere from 0-30mm
Old 06-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

As i suspected, my diff wasn't tightened enough so the t lock nut wasn't far enough down... even though it felt as described by the guide up above.... or does that not apply to the B5?
Old 06-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hcopp
Hello all,

I am new here and am currently building my first RC10. Im having a blast and can't wait to drive it but I ran into a problem last night when getting the rear turnbuckles installed, the left rear arm binds up when it move it upwards. It appears as though the CVA is running into the thrust T nut on the diff... But I am concerned about over tightening my diff as I seemed to have gotten it set correctly per the sticky on the top of the forum.

According to the manual I should be able to tighten it "until the spring is fully compressed" which should resolve my issue, but I don't want to damage the diff balls. Anyone else run into this issue? And suggestions? I considered sanding down the t nut as well.
i remember thinking this when i was doing my build.. after your build is done break in the diff and then check the clearance, it should be fine once the diff is tight and broke in.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Tech Rookie

hi,

i have seen these photos and i really like them , all pics are stunning and beautiful i have saved them and added them to my gallery i must say that keep on sharing these kind of pics and information.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Two questions - I seem to remember seeing that the RB6 stock body fits well on the B5M. Does it fit good enough to velcro on or ??

Also, have you guys seen these nice looking aluminum parts? They have an aluminum version of the plastic rear hub, the rear camber piece, shock bushings, front hinge pin holder without the annoying holes in the front, etc. Prices seem good too.
I will tell you in a few days when I get them on my B5M..
I bought everything except the front PIN holder and Shock mounts.. (Already had AE FT ones)

When I looked at the rear hub they are selling and saw that you can use the stock inserts and the front caster blocks as well, I had to grab them.

Low quality or not they beat anything AE FT is selling. The rear hub AE is selling does not allow you to use the stock insert.. not to mention $45?

Aluminum + CC machine = FTW.... I got a AE aluminum shock cap and tried to thread the bleeder screw and was going real slow.. No matter what way I put the bleeder screw in it was not right.. Ended up trying to screw it in the best I could and guess what happen? It stopped before it was all the way in and the head stripped.. I was out a set of $16 shock caps..

So AE's aluminum and their CC machine isn't any better in my opinion.
I'm just glad these people actually made parts for the B5/M..
Old 06-19-2014, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwduud

Tim3 --Can you get or use a gear diff in this car?

vwduud http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...fferential-Kit
Thank you vwduud !
Old 06-19-2014, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hcopp
As i suspected, my diff wasn't tightened enough so the t lock nut wasn't far enough down... even though it felt as described by the guide up above.... or does that not apply to the B5?

This makes it sound like you did not compress the diff spring before assembling.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Initiate

If clay is so fine, when it's hard packed after weeks of driving would it ever be appropriate to slap on some on-road slicks or even treaded soft tires?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kindnuguz

I will tell you in a few days when I get them on my B5M..
I bought everything except the front PIN holder and Shock mounts.. (Already had AE FT ones)

When I looked at the rear hub they are selling and saw that you can use the stock inserts and the front caster blocks as well, I had to grab them.

Low quality or not they beat anything AE FT is selling. The rear hub AE is selling does not allow you to use the stock insert.. not to mention $45?

Aluminum + CC machine = FTW.... I got a AE aluminum shock cap and tried to thread the bleeder screw and was going real slow.. No matter what way I put the bleeder screw in it was not right.. Ended up trying to screw it in the best I could and guess what happen? It stopped before it was all the way in and the head stripped.. I was out a set of $16 shock caps..

So AE's aluminum and their CC machine isn't any better in my opinion.
I'm just glad these people actually made parts for the B5/M..
I noticed some resistance with my alum shock caps also. But I didnt use the included button head screws. Button head screws are sh$t. There is not much material for the tool to bite into. I ordered protek 2x4mm cap head screws for my shock caps. They worked great.

So I ran my B5 and B5M back to back in qualifiers tonight. My lap times with within hundredths between the 2 cars. I did some tuning to my MM car and it lands jumps much better now. But even though the lap times were the same, I am favoring the RM car for now. Cooler motor temps in 17.5, plusher jumping and less twitchy in the air. I have found that I like the jumping of the RM car much better. The MM car is just so sensitive in the air. We currently have a sweeping turn with a couple areas where the car gets off the ground. And I really had to check up with the MM car in that section. On the up side, its super easy to "whip" the car, lol. I will continue to practice with and tune the MM car, but for now I will be racing my RM car in stock and practicing with the MM car.

Also, I finally broke a part that was not from hitting a wall, lol. The front tower cracked. I noticed the super flexy tower when cleaning the car between rounds. Number one reason to clean the car, you find broken crap you might not have otherwise noticed. Also, these ball cups, suck suck suck. Please dont tell me how your are perfect. I have built a few of the cars and they are all crap. Sure if I polish everything its better. Check the picture to see the awesomeness of my cups, lol.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-20140618_220100.jpg  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I noticed some resistance with my alum shock caps also. But I didnt use the included button head screws. Button head screws are sh$t. There is not much material for the tool to bite into. I ordered protek 2x4mm cap head screws for my shock caps. They worked great.

So I ran my B5 and B5M back to back in qualifiers tonight. My lap times with within hundredths between the 2 cars. I did some tuning to my MM car and it lands jumps much better now. But even though the lap times were the same, I am favoring the RM car for now. Cooler motor temps in 17.5, plusher jumping and less twitchy in the air. I have found that I like the jumping of the RM car much better. The MM car is just so sensitive in the air. We currently have a sweeping turn with a couple areas where the car gets off the ground. And I really had to check up with the MM car in that section. On the up side, its super easy to "whip" the car, lol. I will continue to practice with and tune the MM car, but for now I will be racing my RM car in stock and practicing with the MM car.

Also, I finally broke a part that was not from hitting a wall, lol. The front tower cracked. I noticed the super flexy tower when cleaning the car between rounds. Number one reason to clean the car, you find broken crap you might not have otherwise noticed. Also, these ball cups, suck suck suck. Please dont tell me how your are perfect. I have built a few of the cars and they are all crap. Sure if I polish everything its better. Check the picture to see the awesomeness of my cups, lol.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's not due to "bad" ball cups. You have another issue like binding hinge pins or something. On both of my B5's the ball cups have been the best I have worked with so far! I noticed that the front hinge pins need to be pushed in until they "click" in. Then they are free. Work with them a bit unless yours are bent?

Personally I prefer the mid motor myself even though I only have one race on it so far. Converting it to oval right now, thats gonna be fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.