Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Ya know, for those of you running on a "clay" track, if you are using soft or supersoft tires and don't have traction, this is probably exactly your problem - clay tracks need clay compound. Every year, at our track, people buy M4 or super soft tires hoping, wishing, they will be 'softer' and work better on the track. Yes, we all do things to the tires to make them softer, but only for a softer MC or clay compound. Non clay tires just don't work as well as clay tires do on a clay track. Recently Pro-Line reformulated their clay compound and made it considerably softer - first it was called the "double dot" formula but now it just comes with the single dot on it. They work LIKE the old compound softened by whatever method people use, but without stuff on them - actually even better IMO. There's all kinds of tire choices and some companies even have 2 clay compounds but man, if you aren't using a clay compound and don't have traction, that's mostly likely why. Just make sure they are really broken in. They will feel like driving on ice at first which is probably why many people try other stuff when really their tires need to be halfway worn down before they start getting traction. Anyway, this was meant to be helpful...

Agreed I think it's odd as well but at this particular track everyone is on super soft. I tried a set of clay rattlers and they were on ice. I'll scrub them in a few more runs and see if they come in better. Hopefully that's all it is.

I'm running VPPro frictions and crosspasses in super soft and they have huge traction in the rear, and definitely more up front than any rib style I've tried but I still need that little bit more up front to be able to drive it harder through the turns.

I'm still thinking it is just this chassis' inherent stability and push which is great outdoors and in real dirt, but on indoor clay it pushes up front too much. That's on a particular track though.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im going to try this 40 gram weight i made to see how it does in loose conditions. The car is awesome but the rear motor still has a more planted feel. Hopefully, this will give me the best of both. I just hope it doesnt suck.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 06-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

I have to disagree with Mr. GTI. As the norm, a clay compound works well. Sometimes track prep,or lack of, causes one to run a SS or even a megasoft like a JC black. I am lucky to run on a few tracks here in Socal that have amazing traction, but not always. Near the end of the track's life, before the next layout, the tracks tend to lean towards supersoft tire compounds for 2 reasons. First, the clay becomes so packed, watering sometimes won't seep in and tack up. Second, blue groove happens which requires a supersoft compound. My experience is to use a tire like a clay De-javu on a totally fresh track build that generates loose topsoil, then move on to a clay Typo for the next couple-few weeks(depends on the maintenance). When the track is 4-5 weeks old, it is always best to go to a supersoft Typo. This method works at the 2 tracks I run on most. One of my tracks doesn't allow saucing, so tire selection becomes even more critical. Yes clay tires are made for clay, but some tracks end up with blue groove which requires softer than a clay tire.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Would the Schelle Slipper setup be good for mod class B5M or would the stock VTS slipper be better due to more weight?
Old 06-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rybeau40
Would the Schelle Slipper setup be good for mod class B5M or would the stock VTS slipper be better due to more weight?
Both are good, pick your passion.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Legend

Rybuau

Suggest a vented twin pad with yellow pads...
Old 06-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bambambennett
I have to disagree with Mr. GTI. As the norm, a clay compound works well. Sometimes track prep,or lack of, causes one to run a SS or even a megasoft like a JC black. I am lucky to run on a few tracks here in Socal that have amazing traction, but not always. Near the end of the track's life, before the next layout, the tracks tend to lean towards supersoft tire compounds for 2 reasons. First, the clay becomes so packed, watering sometimes won't seep in and tack up. Second, blue groove happens which requires a supersoft compound. My experience is to use a tire like a clay De-javu on a totally fresh track build that generates loose topsoil, then move on to a clay Typo for the next couple-few weeks(depends on the maintenance). When the track is 4-5 weeks old, it is always best to go to a supersoft Typo. This method works at the 2 tracks I run on most. One of my tracks doesn't allow saucing, so tire selection becomes even more critical. Yes clay tires are made for clay, but some tracks end up with blue groove which requires softer than a clay tire.
If you are getting topsoil then you aren't on a clay track.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Casper-RC.com, bfast and avid all have good caged thrust bearings.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have a schelle spur gear, 72 tooth, 5 bucks shipped first class. PM me.

I am liking typos in super soft or clay.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by protc3
Im going to try this 40 gram weight i made to see how it does in loose conditions. The car is awesome but the rear motor still has a more planted feel. Hopefully, this will give me the best of both. I just hope it doesnt suck.
Shines like a Marines belt buckle..

Nice work..
Old 06-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

adding weight.... Colin Chapman is turning over in his grave.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks buddy. I am going to polish it if it works out well. Its straight off my machine. To make sure nothing slips, i milled 90 degree bosses on the back that fit into the countersunk holes in the tower to ensure the shock tower stays alligned in a crash. So pretty much, its as rigid if not more than it was before. If its good, im going to make a stackable set that i can add or remove weight.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by asc6000
adding weight.... Colin Chapman is turning over in his grave.
Just a tuning option for different tracks. I dont want 2 2wd buggies. I like the way the MM works in most conditions. If i can make a quick bolt on tune that works, im all for it. My last time out was my 1st run with this car. I loved it but the car could step out in a few spots where the RM didnt. Overall, car is great, i would just like a little more rear bite. Hell, it may suck. i will let you know. Im not too proud.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey I think its great. This hobby is all about modding and trying out new things. If it works for you who gives a crap what anyone else thinks. Looks great too btw
Old 06-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks buddy. I hope it works. I hate pissing into a fan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.