R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree16Likes

Old 01-30-2015, 01:55 PM   #11101
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Question for those who use a slipper eliminator. Why not just tighten down your stock slipper so it doesn't slip?
ocpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:01 PM   #11102
Tech Rookie

I still run a slipper in stock. I prefer a small amount of slip if needed. My Pucks are lasting a VERY long time with it. So that is nice. I would have to say that I have ran at least 40 packs, cleaned them once. Have yet to replace a puck, but I am due to check it out.

I am running the Avid slipper and it works great over the stock unit.

I have to say, I am a little sad to see that AE did not come out with an option to run the battery inline. The setup has worked so well for so many people... It is just odd that it is not a option yet.

Reading on the 3 vs 4 gear, if I am understanding this correct, 4 gear transfer more weight to the rear tires and 3 gear transfers more to the front (when on power). I would assume that 4 gear is still likely the best option on a med bite, outdoor dirt track?

I am currently fighting a on power steering issue (or lack of) that I just have not had time to figure out. Its driving me a little nuts. I think if I drop down in the shock oil, it will help over all. The rebound seems slow and I am thinking that it is causing some issues... I need some time on the track. lol
AlmostIllegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #11103
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Do you find the slipper to be useful for stock, other than protecting the diff? I never really have.
Yes in medium to low grip or dusty conditions absolutely bc the eliminator has no give and your car will do doughnuts if you get on throttle to hard in those conditions.

And to answer the other guys question even when you have a slipper locked down it still has more give than an eliminator which has NONE! I didn't believe it until I ran an eliminator in dusty conditions bc I had my slipper almost locked before and it still had some give. But another positive is that the eliminator is lighter so less rotating mass.

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #11104
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpop View Post
Question for those who use a slipper eliminator. Why not just tighten down your stock slipper so it doesn't slip?
2 fold issue. weight and you can use smaller gears such as 66 if you really feel the need.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:19 PM   #11105
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Basically you are discharging the pack at at least 20amps and then immediately charging it at say...40 amps. The discharge cycle puts heat into the pack and the 40amp charge charges the pack quick while keeping the heat in. The heat lowers the internal resistance of the pack which enables it to flow the "juice" much easier.
Thanks for the info. That's gotta kill battery life for sure. Please, racers, if you are going to "juice" your batteries, put up a sign in your pit area. I want to make sure I pit very far away from you. That way I can watch the mushroom cloud explosion from a safe difference.

I wonder if people still can't figure out why this hobby doesn't grow all that much.

Anyway....back on topic. I'm probably going to pick up the new buggy when it comes out in March.
Associated FT T4.2

Last edited by blade329; 01-30-2015 at 02:35 PM.
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #11106
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast8 View Post
Was just browsing Reddit and saw this random post:

http://i.imgur.com/37cnpFe.gifv

Pretty cool whip, probably one of you guys!
Too bad he blew the turn in the process of looking cool

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #11107
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Do you find the slipper to be useful for stock, other than protecting the diff? I never really have.
it calms the car down. I like it.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:59 PM   #11108
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstriano View Post
I was programming my ESC tonight and had the rear wheels off... Testing the throttle, I noticed the slightest little "bump" in the rear dog-bone on the right side... I am talking very small, but the other side is perfect.

My question is are the dog-bones perfectly straight or do they have a tolerance to be slightly out?

When the RPM increases it seems like the "bump" goes away, and there and no vibrations or anything like that.

What are the risks of running a slightly bent one... I dont think it is bent, that is how minor it is, but it is not perfect like the other side.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJP View Post
Replace it. Any wobble can wear other parts, such as hub bearings or wear the outdrive.

IMO, you don't need to replace anything, if you're sure it's not bent. I've built new kits that have this slight wobble. My unedgeumacated guess..The bone floats in the out drive, fact. As you apply LITTLE throttle load/friction is put on the bone and it won't 'center' in the out drive until enough throttle is applied that the bone overcomes that friction and centrifugal force centers the bone.

Or I could be a complete idiot and be way wrong. (don't answer that)

Old 01-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #11109
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
2 fold issue. weight and you can use smaller gears such as 66 if you really feel the need.
Avid or Schelle slippers have a 66t spur gear available.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #11110
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostIllegal View Post
I still run a slipper in stock. I prefer a small amount of slip if needed. My Pucks are lasting a VERY long time with it. So that is nice. I would have to say that I have ran at least 40 packs, cleaned them once. Have yet to replace a puck, but I am due to check it out.

I am running the Avid slipper and it works great over the stock unit.

I have to say, I am a little sad to see that AE did not come out with an option to run the battery inline. The setup has worked so well for so many people... It is just odd that it is not a option yet.

Reading on the 3 vs 4 gear, if I am understanding this correct, 4 gear transfer more weight to the rear tires and 3 gear transfers more to the front (when on power). I would assume that 4 gear is still likely the best option on a med bite, outdoor dirt track?

I am currently fighting a on power steering issue (or lack of) that I just have not had time to figure out. Its driving me a little nuts. I think if I drop down in the shock oil, it will help over all. The rebound seems slow and I am thinking that it is causing some issues... I need some time on the track. lol
I had on power issues too. I changed to 3mm trailing and moved my bat forward a small amount. Then moved the rear hubs to the center. U could also drop the front end of the car by a 1/2mm to help or use offset caster bushings
Justinb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:55 PM   #11111
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I just went on the pre-order list at Amain for a factory lite B5M...Now, I wonder just how long it will take.
sstretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:15 PM   #11112
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I too do not want to be anywhere near anybody charging at crazy high amps. too much risk of fire to gain a tenth of a second
Old 01-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #11113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Thinking of getting MIP pucks for Mod running. Pros/cons? Running a 7.5/8.5 for various tracks and getting pin wear faster than I'd like. Wondering if pucks are easy to maintain and last or are there issues?
timannnn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:51 PM   #11114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostIllegal View Post
Your tranfering to much weight to the rear of the car on power so you could try a little less front droop, so put some limiters in the front shocks (alway gives me the on power steering I need) start with 1mm and go from there.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:08 PM   #11115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

Quote:
Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Thinking of getting MIP pucks for Mod running. Pros/cons? Running a 7.5/8.5 for various tracks and getting pin wear faster than I'd like. Wondering if pucks are easy to maintain and last or are there issues?
Recently began using the MIP Pucks in Mod Buggy. So far they seem to have great wear and durability characteristics. It's simple to replace the plastic pucks vs getting outdrive wear, but I don't think they are a must have for modified racing.
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote