Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man, at our track there's a hodge podge of fast folks and grenades. Sometimes you hit a grenade and all sorts of stuff that normally wouldn't just comes clean off your car

Wayne

Last edited by Razathorn; 01-22-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

so ? im still running the kit bearings (if you would even call them bearings) and the fronts are already really notchy. whats the best bearing kit out there in your opinion? i bought all the aluminum and titanium baddazled parts when i built my car and didnt know how bad the kit bearings where. if i would have known i would have bought them right away.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HYPERformance06
so ? im still running the kit bearings (if you would even call them bearings) and the fronts are already really notchy. whats the best bearing kit out there in your opinion? i bought all the aluminum and titanium baddazled parts when i built my car and didnt know how bad the kit bearings where. if i would have known i would have bought them right away.
Schelle IMO has the best bearings for the money and it looks like you're running stock so I would get the Ceramic gearbox bearings and then they're hub replacement bearing set which will cost $54 but it is deff worth it or you could just get the regular bearing set which I believe is $28.

You can click HERE to see the bearings they have and then HERE is the hub replacement bearing set so if you get the ceramic gearbox bearings you dont have to buy two full sets.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dbowen
Schelle IMO has the best bearings for the money and it looks like you're running stock so I would get the Ceramic gearbox bearings and then they're hub replacement bearing set which will cost $54 but it is deff worth it or you could just get the regular bearing set which I believe is $28.

You can click HERE to see the bearings they have and then HERE is the hub replacement bearing set so if you get the ceramic gearbox bearings you dont have to buy two full sets.
yea i was leaning towards schelle, my buddy just got sponsored from them and i was checking out his thrust bearing kit from them. def like whats coming out from schelle, i have the battery strap from them
Old 01-22-2015, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

isnt this the full kit for everything but the steering? http://www.schelleracing.com/Associa...ng-Set-SCH2205
Old 01-22-2015, 09:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
In general Blue is my favorite color. But for RC I prefer it to be blacked for the most part. Also, the Avid's are keyed to prevent popping off.
Would be nice if AE would offer the C and D aluminum arm mounts in black to complete the blacked out look for the car...
Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

isnt this the full kit for everything but the steering? http://www.schelleracing.com/Associa...ng-Set-SCH2205
Yes, but if you go with the ceramic gearbox set, you won't need the full kit.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson
Would be nice if AE would offer the C and D aluminum arm mounts in black to complete the blacked out look for the car...
Yeah, they have black motor plates and black hubs. I would like black shock parts and suspension holders for sure
Old 01-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You might want to also check out Avid bearings. I run them in all my cars ..I like how they are metal shielded on one side and this lets them spin more free than most bearings. Another Neat thing is you just select you car and they build the kit for you and you can select any bearing style you want like if you want to upgrade the gearbox bearings to ceramic you can.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes you can get that but I was saying since you run stock to get the ceramic gearbox bearings which are less drag and lower motor temps and then get the hub replacement bearings for $14 which replace the rest of the bearings so you dont have to spend $28 on the whole kit which you're not going to use the gearbox bearings from.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Has anyone used the Sweep Muzzle body for the B5M? I like the looks just wondering about the quality
Old 01-22-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Gpeters66
You might want to also check out Avid bearings. I run them in all my cars ..I like how they are metal shielded on one side and this lets them spin more free than most bearings. Another Neat thing is you just select you car and they build the kit for you and you can select any bearing style you want like if you want to upgrade the gearbox bearings to ceramic you can.
Yep, Avids are great
Old 01-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

For the fronts, i dont think bearing quality is the issue. My kit and avid bearings are equally doomed in the front.

jB
Old 01-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jason Baliban
For the fronts, i dont think bearing quality is the issue. My kit and avid bearings are equally doomed in the front.

jB
Really!? its not the axle setup either because im running spindles with clamping hex like the old b4.2 style. maybe its the inserts slightly moving in the caster block and tweaking the bearings
Old 01-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jason Baliban

jB
I have had zero luck with the kit axles. I am not sure what the issue is, but I always get less grit with the FT axles. That being said, I think the true culprit are the inserts. I really wish AE would just come out with 1 piece spindles. If they made 1 piece spindles that were properly aligned, the issue would be greatly minimized. That being said, the kit bears are still junk.

I am NOT a fan of too much aluminum on the cars, but I wonder if these would help the inserts align better.

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=BFR2101;c=877

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.