Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Pellefa
As for several others my ball cups are tight, and not freeing up after several weeks of running... did anyone try the SC10 4x4 cups, are they slightly bigger (although they should be nominally same right..)
I find anyone who is using the Ae blue Ti rods will experience tight ball cups.

The ball studs & cups are not defected , instead the problem is cause by the Ti rods being too long.

Trim the rods or switch to a shorter rod..

All will be smooth after...
Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

VTS vs. Schelle vs. V2 slippers.

Has anyone done any extensive testing and comparisons using these 3 slipper configurations?

When running the VTS slipper on the B5, I had to run the nut on the very end of the threads of the top shaft to get some slipping. I compressed the slipper spring with a pair of pliers to see if that would slight reduce the static length of it. Even replaced the spring. Made very little, if any difference. As a result, I simply went back to a V2 slipper configuration to have more adjust-ability while maintaining thread contact on the lock nut. Anyone else experience this problem?

Is the Schelle slipper deisgn superior to AE's VTS, 3 pad slipper?

Qualified answers only, if possible please.

Thanks - Jim
Old 05-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 3200 mah battery

considering since nearly 60 grams lighter than my 4600. other than run time, will I notice any significant loss of power on the 17.5 motor? Does mah spec relate to run time only or does it also affect overall power? or is C rating the spec that affects power? or is it a combo of mah and C rating that affects power?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwduud
VTS vs. Schelle vs. V2 slippers.

Has anyone done any extensive testing and comparisons using these 3 slipper configurations?

When running the VTS slipper on the B5, I had to run the nut on the very end of the threads of the top shaft to get some slipping. I compressed the slipper spring with a pair of pliers to see if that would slight reduce the static length of it. Even replaced the spring. Made very little, if any difference. As a result, I simply went back to a V2 slipper configuration to have more adjust-ability while maintaining thread contact on the lock nut. Anyone else experience this problem?

Is the Schelle slipper deisgn superior to AE's VTS, 3 pad slipper?

Qualified answers only, if possible please.

Thanks - Jim
I prefer the AVID triad. But yes, the AE slippers are trash IMO. The VTS is toooo much fir a 2wd buggy, and the v2 is too little imo. It fades and is not very consistent. I have found the AVID triad to be hands down better then both of those.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I prefer the AVID triad. But yes, the AE slippers are trash IMO. The VTS is toooo much fir a 2wd buggy, and the v2 is too little imo. It fades and is not very consistent. I have found the AVID triad to be hands down better then both of those.
How different is the Avid Triad to the Schelle? Didn't Wenger originally design the Triad for Avid and is now independent with the same/similar design?

Thanks - Jim
Old 05-29-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Micah123
considering since nearly 60 grams lighter than my 4600. other than run time, will I notice any significant loss of power on the 17.5 motor? Does mah spec relate to run time only or does it also affect overall power? or is C rating the spec that affects power? or is it a combo of mah and C rating that affects power?
c rating mean little to nothing. It is some fiction number created by companies it is not at all standardized. Please google if you want more reading. The 150gram packs...well, that depends. Mah, does help overall avg voltage. Which can be equated to punch. Will the 3000mah light shortys have less kick after 8 minutes than a 4800mah shorty. Well, yeah, its 2x the capacity. Of course it will. My old track we ran 10 minute mains. And you would definitely feel the loss on the longer jumps. My recent outdoor track, the jump are tiny and races are only 6 minutes. The 3000 would be plenty. My current track? Well, I would normally say the 3000 mah packs are too small, but there are a couple guys making them work. The Amain is 7 minutes with about 2 minutes of practice laps. I would probably skip the practice laps with that battery.

Now back to C ratings. I have tested several packs from several people. C ratings aside. It is all about the IR. Internal Resistance. Lower IR is more punchy and holds its power longer because less sag. I have measured my packs and when I run my lowest IR pack I can feel it. We even have crazy locals discharging at 40 amps, then charging at 40amps to warm up the packs right before a race. The heat lowers the IR and you can just see the speed on the track. In mod, higher IR packs can calm down the car and are useful. In stock? Lowest IR and enough MAH to keep you flying for the entire race. How ever long it is.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by vwduud
How different is the Avid Triad to the Schelle? Didn't Wenger originally design the Triad for Avid and is now independent with the same/similar design?

Thanks - Jim
They are the same design. The schelle is a copy of the AVID. oh man, now i have pissed off the Schelle fan boys, lol. Flame on trolls flame on.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can't copy your own deSign.......I've read one guy designed both!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pellefa
As for several others my ball cups are tight, and not freeing up after several weeks of running... did anyone try the SC10 4x4 cups, are they slightly bigger (although they should be nominally same right..)
I had that problem with 2" turnbuckles (stock or B4 or JC 'buckles) so I would guess that's what you are using. Get the shorter one like the Lunsford set and you won't have tight cups. You'll probably need to get a fresh set of ends now.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I thought the whole "Schelle is better" thing was hogwash until I tried one. First, the Schelle has a different plastic for the spur gears and they run quieter than the Avid or the AE versions. That is something I car about as I hate a loud car. Second, the Schelle, and I assume the Avid, does have a much wider tuning window and if you are slipping a little bit too much, it dosn't fade out like the stock one does. JMO YMMV...
Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Can't copy your own design.......I've read one guy designed both!
Kurt Wegner used to work for Avid, and has since started his own company Schelle racing. I don't know the backstory of why he left, or how he's able to use his designs with the new company.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Can't copy your own deSign.......I've read one guy designed both!
I am pretty sure the Triad does not say Kurt Racing on it. Anyway, I wont buy anythign from Schelle that was distributed on AVIDs name. Imo, that is shady business practice. I guess David did not give Kurt and NDR, so Kurt can do what ever he likes. When a product is designed and distributed by a company, that company normally owns the rights to the product. Kurt was an employee of AVID, thus anything he designed while working there, should belong to AVID. Does not mater who designed it. But, that does not stop me from disapproving and keeping my business with AVID. When, Kurt comes up with something "new", I will gladly look into purchasing it.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by gticlay
I thought the whole "Schelle is better" thing was hogwash until I tried one. First, the Schelle has a different plastic for the spur gears and they run quieter than the Avid or the AE versions. That is something I car about as I hate a loud car. Second, the Schelle, and I assume the Avid, does have a much wider tuning window and if you are slipping a little bit too much, it dosn't fade out like the stock one does. JMO YMMV...
Yeah, the spurs are different. The are greyish. Kinda reminds me of the lubricated plastics that TLR uses. They do run quieter, but unsure if they will last as long as the AVID. That said, my AVID spurs are quiet and have been so for a year. I cant seem to wear the thing out.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by gticlay
I had that problem with 2" turnbuckles (stock or B4 or JC 'buckles) so I would guess that's what you are using. Get the shorter one like the Lunsford set and you won't have tight cups. You'll probably need to get a fresh set of ends now.
I dont buy into WC's logic. I do understand that if the rod presses on the ball cup, it can cause binding. So....When I bought my Turnbuckles, I dodnt get the 2" ones. I got the 1 3/4 ones. I bought 6 of the lunsfords from my LHS. They were in bulk, so I could pick and choose. They still bind up. IMO, the effort is too great on the cups to make them good. Not saying you cant, because you can. Just not worth it to me.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

From the photos, it appears that the Schelle comes with 4 slipper pads (2 in each color/compound), whereas the Avid Triad comes with 3 white slipper pads (all white).

Does the Schelle use an AE V2 slipper pad on the back of the spur gear like the AE VTS slipper? Or something else? What am I missing here? Is this another slight variation between the Avid and Schelle slippers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.