R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree16Likes

Old 01-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #10321
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
Thanks but I have those plastic bushings, they don't fit... And thank you for copy and pasting the directions from Amain but that's for when using the stock plastic caps.

I have aluminum caps and aluminum bushings and the plastic bushings you guys are referring to and they don't work.
The bushing doesnt fit in the cap? Are they the 91450 caps?...or the 91303 caps? There is a V1 and V2 version.

91450:http://www.amain.com/team-associated...ap-set/p275224
91303: http://www.amain.com/team-associated...-cap-2/p239772

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #10322
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
Thanks but I have those plastic bushings, they don't fit... And thank you for copy and pasting the directions from Amain but that's for when using the stock plastic caps.

I have aluminum caps and aluminum bushings and the plastic bushings you guys are referring to and they don't work.
caps are 91450?
and stand offs 91446?
Old 01-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #10323
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

They work for me.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #10324
Tech Adept

Since the release of the B5M, buggy has become more popular at my track than 2wd sc. I was going to pick up a b5m, but now with the release of the t5m, i'm wondering if stadium truck is going to take off now. I have a T4 and have never owned a buggy. Any opinions on making my decision any easier? The b5m has been in my sights for a few months now and i am really starting to question myself now.
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:31 PM   #10325
Tech Master

Setup I've been using lately. Finally back on pace and doing well since I sorted out my issue. This is basically a slightly modified cav setup before he started doing the long link thing, which I don't care for on our track.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-rc10b5m_wayne_20150101.jpg  
Old 01-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #10326
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm torn if I like the longer link or not for clay yet. I know on carpet I like it because it let's me push harder before traction rolling.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:12 PM   #10327
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcompny44 View Post
Anyone running this buggy outside get it to work?? Or should I just get the rear motor. Not sure what are track will be like yet but won't be high grip. Thanks in advanced!!
Yes, ran mine outdoors all summer. On med bite tracks. Worked awesome.
robbie_gtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #10328
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonBreh View Post
Since the release of the B5M, buggy has become more popular at my track than 2wd sc. I was going to pick up a b5m, but now with the release of the t5m, i'm wondering if stadium truck is going to take off now. I have a T4 and have never owned a buggy. Any opinions on making my decision any easier? The b5m has been in my sights for a few months now and i am really starting to question myself now.
Either way you can't go wrong. How many buggy entries are there every week and how many st entries. Imo the buggy is the way to go.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #10329
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
I'm torn if I like the longer link or not for clay yet. I know on carpet I like it because it let's me push harder before traction rolling.
A long link will lower the roll center on that end of the car, making traction rolling worse.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #10330
Tech Regular

I finally pulled the trigger and pick up a 5m and tonight I got it to the track for some practice runs....
Why exactly did I wait so long to but one of these??

I'm no expert driver I but chopped an easy second off my lap times on my first session. What an amazing difference from my b4s. Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info in this thread. I cant wait to run this for real this weekend.

Last edited by bdemegs; 01-08-2015 at 09:57 PM.
bdemegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #10331
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
A long link will lower the roll center on that end of the car, making traction rolling worse.
The guide in the back of the manual says that a longer link is generally used on higher grip. Yet it also says it gives it more roll.

I'm confused lol
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #10332
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Actually, the main change with the longer link in THIS case is camber gain, not roll center. The story would be different if you lengthen it by moving in at the chassis, but this is moving out at the hub.

This change really does very little in terms of roll because it doesn't change the leverage the outside wheel has to pull the chassis over by much, if any, which it would if you changed the linkage point at the inside near the chassis.

What it does do is keep the outside wheel from leaning IN as much (gaining camber) during roll, and effectively bleeds off traction at the rear tire because the tire leans OUT too far in corners. It's the classic more camber = more traction in corners, less camber = less traction in corners. In this case, it will help prevent traction rolls because the harder you press the car in the corner, the less it grabs.

That's also the reason I don't like the change. I'd rather have good predictable contact patch and bleed of traction another way, like limiting roll with a sway bar, stiffer springs, ride height, or roll center (although roll center may be too small of an adjustment to really individually play a roll in preventing traction rolling on super high bite surfaces).

Wayne
Old 01-09-2015, 12:30 AM   #10333
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anybody have a link for a tool to measure spring compression rate on our toy cars?
Old 01-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #10334
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
Anybody have a link for a tool to measure spring compression rate on our toy cars?
Here you go: http://www.redrc.net/2014/12/gforce-spring-rate-gauge/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonBreh View Post
A stadium truck will be easier to drive than a buggy. As AE's kits are reasonably priced, I'd say get both, but if buying tires for two types of vehicles is too expensive, this may not be an option. You could approach one of the B5M drivers at your track and ask them to let you run through a few batteries to make up your mind. Maybe you could buy your own set of tires to do so. If you like it, you'll need some tires anyway, and if you don't like it, it will still be cheaper than the money you'd lose buying and reselling a kit.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #10335
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to alex4r

Has anyone had any problems out of the box with the rear axles? I recently finished my kit and was at the track last week breaking in the diff on the bench and I noticed the wheels seemed waaay out of balance. Figured I must have done a bad glue job but now that I'm home looking at it, BOTH of the axles are bent.
alex4r is offline   Reply With Quote