Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cueball22
How does Hartson keep the battery in the car? Velcro, double sided tape?
Tape, unfortunately.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Stalling is something most mid motor designs battle.

In the middle of the corner the car stalls when rotating in the corner
Inexperienced drivers may not notice, experience driver can .

Problem is worst when having to much weight towards the rear of car and chassis roll is limited.
OK, I understand. I was battling that this weekend.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

*IDEA*

I noticed when installing my motor today in my build, there is a small gap underneath it once tightened down. The chassis would be a great heatsink! I'm sure someone can tool a piece of aluminum to fit between and transfer some of the heat to the chassis to help keep temps down. Putting a "curve" to hug the motor would keep it from moving around.

Please remember this post to whomever makes this and possible sells it, I want a demo
Old 05-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Buggy kid90
Team Durango 10x12x0.1mm Differential Shim Set (10)
[TDR310033]

****MAP*Price:*$2.49

These work the centro gear case had the same problem and what do you mean cut gears you cut them your self or some one makes them.
Thank you!
Old 05-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Yep… that's where I got them. This tranny is soooo smooth now and while I haven't weighed it to know exactly how much it is noticeably lighter than me other B5M that's all stock. Now I just need the shims to take some of the slop out of the diff bearing and I'll be set.

I have a friend that has a machine shop. I having a aluminum top shaft drop shipped to him. He's going to machine off the gear teeth on the top shaft to match the width of the cut idler gear.

I lose a bit more rotating mass and gain just a bit more acceleration and RPM.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovaCX12
*IDEA*

I noticed when installing my motor today in my build, there is a small gap underneath it once tightened down. The chassis would be a great heatsink! I'm sure someone can tool a piece of aluminum to fit between and transfer some of the heat to the chassis to help keep temps down. Putting a "curve" to hug the motor would keep it from moving around.

Please remember this post to whomever makes this and possible sells it, I want a demo
Kinda bad idea what happens if u case a jump. All that force is going through that motor. Not sure people would b comfortable with that
Old 05-20-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
can someone tell me what i need to be able to run the "gulwing" arms up front. possibly even part numbers please? thanks in advance
Guys,
You don't "need" the tower. You can run the RM tower but must remove the limiters from the front shocks. The RM tower outer hole is the same as the middle on the MM but the RM tower hole location if taller by 1.5 mm. Or you can unscrew the eye of the shock 1 1/2 turns.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bambambennett
Guys,
You don't "need" the tower. You can run the RM tower but must remove the limiters from the front shocks. The RM tower outer hole is the same as the middle on the MM but the RM tower hole location if taller by 1.5 mm. Or you can unscrew the eye of the shock 1 1/2 turns.
For an extra $4, not have to remove the limiters and do it the correct way why not just get it. No need to confuse people.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

For an extra $4, not have to remove the limiters and do it the correct way why not just get it. No need to confuse people.
Incase their shop has the arms and not the tower, thats why. No confusion.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by bambambennett
Guys,

plus 1

Great tips ....
Old 05-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well wouldn't it actually be better to run RM tower with gullwings and remove limiters to get that little bit more travel out of the shock?
Old 05-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Has anybody changed from a RB6 to B5M and can comment on the difference for better or worse.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huzzler
Well wouldn't it actually be better to run RM tower with gullwings and remove limiters to get that little bit more travel out of the shock?
It would be best to run the parts that were intended to be ran together...together. I get that if your in a pinch but the M tower should be ran with gullwings.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Legend

It would be best to run the parts that were intended to be ran together...together. I get that if your in a pinch but the M tower should be ran with gullwings.
What is the reason for using the gull tower & arms over using a combination of the other parts that achieve the same geometry ?
Old 05-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

So I will assume your car is exactly stock with no aftermarket parts since that is the way it was designed? This forum is to help people with set up and give tips on changes. Just because you don't agree, don't run it. This will help someone out there. Imagine if you ran gull arms and broke your tower. No spare and shop is out. Ruins your day right? If you have the RM tower in your box and know this tip, your day just continued with no frustration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.