Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

anyone have the shock get jammed on the upper shock mount? When I crash sometime the shock cap get shoved forward and binds on the tower. I am unsure if the caps are bad, if the plastics shock mounts are bad or what. I would stop crashing, but that is unlikely, lol.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

GTI

I let Harley drive it too, he liked the steering.

The best part about the inline is it elimates the too planted feeling and kills the stall in the corner.
You won't have to push the car as hard to maintain corner speed.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What could I do to get some more steering out of the car without making it feel twitchy?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
What could I do to get some more steering out of the car without making it feel twitchy?
1st
Look into a different front tire.

Sometimes your tires can be so new that they need breaking end before they start to perform well if you do have the correct tire.
2nd
Try a softer front spring.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridgerunner1
Hey George after getting my ride set up last Tuesday night i moved mine inline but i didn't cut any plastic, i only have the large receiver so putting it in front of the short pack it fit just right, i also changed out the stock slipper and put in the shelle slipper and it dropped 10g on weight coming over today before racing and try that out, i am just waiting on my screw kit, mip top shaft and new cut gears to try I'm going to try the top shaft and cut gears before i think about the puck system.
Car is good no matter what. But, all ya really did here was move your Rx.

Your ESC is certainly heavier and still up front. Most have been cutting the plastics, moving the ESC as far back as possible and then mounting the RX just in front of the ESC. Doing so will actually get the weight further back in the vehicle. I will be doing mine inline finally soon.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

hey wc I love this car. track test soon. need to get my lunford parts on
Old 05-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by langsky
Wait...does that mean it makes it easier to adjust nothing?!
Anti-squat, instead of changing out the whole piece, you can just take off the rr hanger and hingpins and change the insert.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Legend

Ridgerunner

Were placing the esc under the water fall, receiver on right side.
You'll have grind the inside middle legs off the water fall in order to make room for esc so battery fits.
Were also grinding off the battery box so the chassis can flex more right in front of water fall.

A image will help you understand better how to grind the battery box and thumb screw mounts.

Soon hopefully I'll get it posted.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So moving all the components inline on the B5M is kinda like what they're doing with the 22 2.0? Running it with a shorty up against the motor (no waterfall brace) and all electronics on the chassis. If so, it's interesting to see both cars switch to a configuration like this and why one or both of them didn't come that way from the factory.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So the gear diff from the sc10 is a direct bolt in??
Old 05-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
1st
Look into a different front tire.

Sometimes your tires can be so new that they need breaking end before they start to perform well if you do have the correct tire.
2nd
Try a softer front spring.
Thanks for the tips. I am currently running slicks like everyone at our track because no other tires work really.

Also maybe I will try a softer front spring I am currently running the stock front springs, which one would you suggest?

Also maybe what should I do to get more rear traction to?

I tried variety of tires and decided slicks with closed cells all the way around were the best tire. Open celled slicks were better(faster) but were harder to drive which I do not need.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
Thanks for the tips. I am currently running slicks like everyone at our track because no other tires work really.

Also maybe I will try a softer front spring I am currently running the stock front springs, which one would you suggest?

Also maybe what should I do to get more rear traction to?

I tried variety of tires and decided slicks with closed cells all the way around were the best tire. Open celled slicks were better(faster) but were harder to drive which I do not need.

Are you running the same brand/compound as the other racers at your track? Over the winter our indoor track runs slicks and after 7 years of running slicks we learned the hard way that not all slicks are created equal. Different compounds can result in vastly different traction.

Every track that runs slicks has a different compound that works for that particular track. Even though we have a clay track, clay compound slicks don't work at all at our track and can make the car push in the front and loose in the rear. Most of the super soft compounds are the ticket at our track. Hot Bodies pink is glued to our track, almost too much traction. Pro Line M4 is probably the second best. But AKA super soft is terrible.

We also use traction compound on our slicks. Sorry for the ramble, but make sure you're running the same brand/compound as the others and use some traction sauce if that's what other people are using as well. 95% of the time, traction is a tire issue, not a set-up issue.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
So the gear diff from the sc10 is a direct bolt in??
Yep there's about 5 drivers at my track who are running the sc10 gear diff and love it!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default Stock racing

For all of you stock freaks out there- I'm running a all stock drivetrain, a little bit of bling, All hard parts, Sc10 gear diff, reedy Mach 2 17.5 stock timing, 30/69, and throttle EPA at 90% (yep turned down) and I got 2nd place in our super stock class (13.5) with this set up.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jcozz
For all of you stock freaks out there- I'm running a all stock drivetrain, a little bit of bling, All hard parts, Sc10 gear diff, reedy Mach 2 17.5 stock timing, 30/69, and throttle EPA at 90% (yep turned down) and I got 2nd place in our super stock class (13.5) with this set up.
I saw a guy win mod with a 17.5.. Just saying, its relative

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.