R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree16Likes

Old 12-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #9571
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share a pic or two of my B5M.
Currently it's run indoor on carpet, since it's freezing cold here in Germany...
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-imag1026.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-imag1024.jpg  
Supastox GT
triplesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #9572
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter

New Ti screws from AE (Rivkin's B5M)? Sure don't look like the pics on the website.

Maybe JC Ti screws?

Old 12-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #9573
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash View Post
The effect they are going for wont show up on corner scales. It's more of a polar moment of inertia type of thing.
A G/inertia meter could pick that up easily. Just need a control first, and then eliminate all variables.
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:51 AM   #9574
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has anybody used the X Factory Carbon chassis on the buggy for Stock and Modified and how is it? Is it worth it? I am looking for ways to get better traction front and rear. On some of the tracks I have push and rear slide on accelleration out of the corners. Just looking for solutions.

Thanks Chris
bigcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:54 AM   #9575
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcracing View Post
Has anybody used the X Factory Carbon chassis on the buggy for Stock and Modified and how is it? Is it worth it? I am looking for ways to get better traction front and rear. On some of the tracks I have push and rear slide on accelleration out of the corners. Just looking for solutions.

Thanks Chris
There's so many other small things setup wise you can do to eliminate your issues. That carbon chassis is supposed to be super light which is good for 17.5. I would recommend reading the manual and changing your setup to suite the track conditions. It really sounds like a tire issue.
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #9576
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcracing View Post

Thanks Chris
Easiest things to check.. and they are free! Radio settings. End points should be maxed when setting up esc, expos/arc at linear. It seems a great number of people have problems operating an r/c car because the radio is so skewed that they truly have little throttle control. Next would be Slipper settings, diff settings. Beyond that, start with Tires/Inserts. Shock spring/positioning... while you're checking that make sure the arms move freely (wheels off). next would be oil. You might be surprised out a blown out or low oil shock can screw things up
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #9577
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplesix View Post
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share a pic or two of my B5M.
Currently it's run indoor on carpet, since it's freezing cold here in Germany...
Gotta put my sunglasses on them white wires are too bright!
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #9578
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
New Ti screws from AE (Rivkin's B5M)? Sure don't look like the pics on the website.

Maybe JC Ti screws?
I think they're the Torx screw heads on the transmission and braces and ti screws everywhere else.

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #9579
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I think they're the Torx screw heads on the transmission and braces and ti screws everywhere else.
that is just some special stuff BK did for Rivkin. If you ever saw BK's car up close, you would crap yourself at the small custom details. I held he Worlds Centro in my hands, and it was just so freaking pretty. So many small details.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #9580
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AssocRacer Send a message via Yahoo to AssocRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
Easiest things to check.. and they are free! Radio settings. End points should be maxed when setting up esc, expos/arc at linear. It seems a great number of people have problems operating an r/c car because the radio is so skewed that they truly have little throttle control. Next would be Slipper settings, diff settings. Beyond that, start with Tires/Inserts. Shock spring/positioning... while you're checking that make sure the arms move freely (wheels off). next would be oil. You might be surprised out a blown out or low oil shock can screw things up
^^^^ +++++++20!

The carbon chassis's main purpose is to lighten the car, which would actually make your traction problems worse. I would start with fresh shocks first. I rebuilt my shocks the last time I raced and it made a world of difference just by putting in new oil. Play with your set up a bit. Make one change at a time. Going to a lighter spring on the rear, or laying the shocks down on the rear will give you more rear bite out of the corners, but it'll cause it to push more too. Remember, everything is give and take.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #9581
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssocRacer View Post
^^^^ +++++++20!

The carbon chassis's main purpose is to lighten the car, which would actually make your traction problems worse. I would start with fresh shocks first. I rebuilt my shocks the last time I raced and it made a world of difference just by putting in new oil. Play with your set up a bit. Make one change at a time. Going to a lighter spring on the rear, or laying the shocks down on the rear will give you more rear bite out of the corners, but it'll cause it to push more too. Remember, everything is give and take.
Truth
WonTonsChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:28 AM   #9582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

those screws in the car look similar to the losi Ti screws
ryanpatrickgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #9583
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm building my kit and I've run into an issue... Spur side CVA where it goes into the diff slots isn't going in all the way and is restricting the CVA motion and messes with everything. Is that white cab supposed to sit father in than half way or did I miss something? I tightened down the diff bolt to snug then backed out a bit, not much but a bit. Any help?
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #9584
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsRacin View Post
I'm building my kit and I've run into an issue... Spur side CVA where it goes into the diff slots isn't going in all the way and is restricting the CVA motion and messes with everything. Is that white cab supposed to sit father in than half way or did I miss something? I tightened down the diff bolt to snug then backed out a bit, not much but a bit. Any help?
Make sure you put the screw in the correct side when building the diff. There is only one correct way to do it and it sounds like you have it swapped.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #9585
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsRacin View Post
In addition to the above post, check your camber setting because if you have excessive amount of negative camber it could cause the dog bone to bottom out against the plastic diff pieces.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote