R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 11-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #9166
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I can feel the difference with the rm parts. I run on high bite indoor moist clay.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #9167
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree with Wildcat, I run on a med/high bite damp clay/dirt mixture and noticed a significant difference when using the RM rear arms. To the guy that talked to the AE rep, 1.5mm can be a significant difference, if you don't believe me make a 1.5 mm change to all of your adjustments and let me know how your car drives. While there are other things you can tune for traction an easy change like using the RM arms combined with other tuning features works very well. Most single changes that you make wont make a huge difference on their own but combined with an entire setup its night and day. There is a reason the majority of b5m users are using the b5rm arms and its not because everyone likes changing things its because it works
scythe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #9168
Tech Regular

I didn't say anyone running them was wrong, just relaying what I was told by factory support when I asked the question. I will probably try it myself, however with the somewhat looser condition of our track, I know the flat front arms did cause a bad push for some of the guys who tried it. I would probably just do the rears to see if there is any improvement. With the addition of weight to the rear of the shock tower, shock positioning and lowering the rear ball stud mounts -2mm, traction has already improved tenfold from out of the box. I should clarify, when I mean traction, I mean corner exit on throttle... forward bite has been good from the start.

Last edited by heinen81; 11-18-2014 at 12:11 PM.
heinen81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #9169
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The rm rear ams is a dramatic change. There isn't another single adjustment that makes that big if a difference in traction.

Go that way really fast... if something gets in your way... TURN!
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #9170
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The track I run on is medium bite at best, I didn't notice much of a difference going to the rear motor rear arms. The car was good with the stock arms too.

Serpent America: Triton engines/ Nitro pro.Fuel/ Rc Addiction products : Vp pro Usa/Dialed-Rc
Barnstormers: Chester, NY, N.Y.. IRH Lindenhurst
Vinny Cancilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #9171
Tech Adept

Well I guess I do have one small complaint. My front bearings lasted 1/2 of 1 battery pack.
mackelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:52 AM   #9172
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Weak as brakes.

Hoping someone could help me with a very unusual problem.

After installing a new 6.5t motor the other night (indoor carpet) I found that I had minimal braking power. I mean that near the end of the straight away after applying full brakes it would take about about 3-5 meters (9-15ft) to slow down enough to turn the corner. (had a few run-ins with the wall that night)

I have completed the following troubleshooting but still have the same problem.

- Re calibrated esc multiple times
- Reset all data on my TX then re calibrated esc
- Turned brakes EXP up to max
- Replaced lrp fwt esc with brand new novak gt3 esc
- Replaced motor with 8.5t used only a few times
- Replaced sensor cable with new cable
- Tested my TX with my B44.2 which has exact same esc and motor...brakes are LEATHAL as expected.

And finally clutching at straws..

- Tightened slipper all the way
- Loosened slipper all the way

After doing all this I still have very minimal brakes and its driving me crazy. Im about to pull apart my diff as a last resort but I cant imagine that has anything to do with braking power..

Anyway I thought i'd just ask everyone for some advice in in case im missing something obvious.

Thanks v much for your help

"The person saying it cannot be done should stop interrupting the person doing it"
Nat Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #9173
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackelby View Post
Well I guess I do have one small complaint. My front bearings lasted 1/2 of 1 battery pack.
okay gentlemen I need to replace my front wheel bearing. Any suggestions? Don't need high dollar stuff, just good bearings for a reasonable price. Obviously AE bearings aren't the ones, unless team AE bearings are better.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #9174
Tech Prophet

Quote:
okay gentlemen I need to replace my front wheel bearing. Any suggestions? Don't need high dollar stuff, just good bearings for a reasonable price. Obviously AE bearings aren't the ones, unless team AE bearings are better.
Avid. $1 each. I would buy a tube of 10 just to have spares.

http://www.avidrc.com/product/8/metr...-bearings.html

or you can get a KIT and have a full set of bearings.

http://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=800&kitname=B5M
Old 11-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #9175
Tech Adept

Thanks Wildcat. Better look and see what else Avid has I might want. Can't stand to pay 8 dollars freight on a 10 dollar purchase.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #9176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I tried searching the forum but didn't have any luck finding my answer. Does anyone know the amount of weight savings by going to the Lunsford ball studs over the stock ball studs?
Chris Gierse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #9177
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Thanks Wildcat. Better look and see what else Avid has I might want. Can't stand to pay 8 dollars freight on a 10 dollar purchase.
The machined pistons are nice. i like the 1.5x1.1's in the front with machined 1.6s in the rear. Also, the Avid Evo slipper is the BOMB. If you dont have one, I highly recommend it. If you order hits $40, I think shipping is free. Unless you order something big like a chassis or body. The Avid 2.2 wheels are pretty stiff also and hold up much better than most.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #9178
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gierse View Post
I tried searching the forum but didn't have any luck finding my answer. Does anyone know the amount of weight savings by going to the Lunsford ball studs over the stock ball studs?
Not much. I run Ti ball studs, I saved less than 10 grams. It is way more cost effective to get the alum screw kit and Ti turnbuckles IMO. The cheapest way to shave weight is the 3500 mah LP shorty packs. Those save like 50 grams.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #9179
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Not much. I run Ti ball studs, I saved less than 10 grams. It is way more cost effective to get the alum screw kit and Ti turnbuckles IMO. The cheapest way to shave weight is the 3500 mah LP shorty packs. Those save like 50 grams.
Thanks. Weight savings is really the only benefit I can see to spend the money on something like that.
Chris Gierse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:03 AM   #9180
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm having some issues with my B5M turning. Seems like it may be lifting up too much in the front (I'm right at 1500mg.)

Do you think getting the brass bulkhead for the front would help with this?
millsj2 is offline   Reply With Quote