Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 09-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Front Steering Blocks

Originally Posted by TomErickson
I have seen a lot of comments about kit bearings. I just got my B5M kit and was assembling it yesterday and noticed that the small wheel bearings for the front spindles are not very smooth. I think I will be getting better bearings right away. I am using the stock steel spindles and glued in my inserts. So my bearing seem stiff and one side is gritty out of the box. Is THIS what everyone is seeing with their stock kit?
I have noticed the same thing. In my instance, the bearings are very smooth until the axle is inserted. That tells me that the plastic inserts that hold the bearings don't locate the axis of the axle properly. Basically side loading the bearings when you force the axle through. That causes these plain bearings to bind up a bit and feel gritty. I have tried many different bearings and new plastic bit with the same observation. You can feel the bit of resistance as the axle is pushed through the bearings. It seems a bit better with the 3mm (centered) position though.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jehjr68
I have noticed the same thing. In my instance, the bearings are very smooth until the axle is inserted. That tells me that the plastic inserts that hold the bearings don't locate the axis of the axle properly. Basically side loading the bearings when you force the axle through. That causes these plain bearings to bind up a bit and feel gritty. I have tried many different bearings and new plastic bit with the same observation. You can feel the bit of resistance as the axle is pushed through the bearings. It seems a bit better with the 3mm (centered) position though.
OK, I understand this and it is exactly what I experienced. What can be done to align the bearings to reduce side load on the bearings. I would like to have a one piece spindle to eliminate this issue. I am really loving this chassis and this is the only area that I feel needs some attention. The old architecture was very good for bearing alignment.

I am going to look at this tonight to see what I can do.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

OK, I understand this and it is exactly what I experienced. What can be done to align the bearings to reduce side load on the bearings. I would like to have a one piece spindle to eliminate this issue. I am really loving this chassis and this is the only area that I feel needs some attention. The old architecture was very good for bearing alignment.

Do you have the updated crush tubes?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Could be the crush sleeve issue.... I slipped a .02mm shim between the crush tube and the axle (using the axle with clamping hex) and all side load and bearing issues solved

Last edited by Jmuck69; 09-30-2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-30-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The other night I noticed mine felt gritty. What's the length of the updated crush tube?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
The other night I noticed mine felt gritty. What's the length of the updated crush tube?
I think it's .02mm longer.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Do you remember what the original value was by chance?
Old 09-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

this made me laugh, lol.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Schelle battery strap

For my in-line setup I was looking for a way to eliminate the front battery spacers and Schelle came through. Know I can move my battery forwards and backwards without having different size front spacers. Quality is top notch and and it does what it advertised.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 09-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well got the rest of the goodies installed... Atleast until my FT bearing kits get back in stock. I also have a set of Acer Ceramic Bearings to compare to the FT kit.

After installing the Exotek Axles, Triad Slipper, CB Cut Gears, D4 17.5 and FT Motor Plate it came in at 1533g RTR

Old 09-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I noticed today after I installed the new parts that it seems to pull to the right pretty hard on heavy breaking. Does it a little bit on heavy acceleration also but not as bad. Any ideas??

I also have all the RM Arms F/R as well as the tower that I am debating on throwing on to see. I run high traction clay at IRCR and have read that the RM arms work really well on the high bite stuff.

I am pretty happy with the weight where it is at right now. Just hoping that it doesn't mess with the setup too much because it ran really well.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lala4fire
For my in-line setup I was looking for a way to eliminate the front battery spacers and Schelle came through. Know I can move my battery forwards and backwards without having different size front spacers. Quality is top notch and and it does what it advertised.
Nice, I like that!
Old 09-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Diggity Designs Mid Motor Carbon Battery Strap

Diggity Designs has released their version of the B5M mid motor carbon fibre battery strap. Check out the website for more info.

http://www.diggitydesigns.com/produc...ciated_B5.html

Old 09-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

I hope you mean 0.2mm. 0.02mm seems too small.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davetamiya
Have got a fair bit of slop in the front hub bearing inserts. Any thing I can try to remove this? Second set of hubs and inserts on the car along with new bearings
Go with this
http://www.amain.com/JConcepts-B5-B5...le-Set/p360097

and
http://www.amain.com/JConcepts-B5-B5...s-Blue/p360098

or

http://www.amain.com/Lunsford-Associ...-Axles/p291810

The FT setup is good too, just heavier. It seems a lot of people have slop in the front hub assembly. You can CA glue your inserts in place, I would recommend buying spares so you can have a glued set for 2 3 and 4mm trailing. By upgrading from the stock setup you will help take a lot of that slop out, and your bearings won't get gritty as fast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.