R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 09-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #8011
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussF View Post
Is that 3 wins in one day, such as 2 qualifiers and the main or 3 main wins? I'm just starting out with my B5M but I'm proficient at racing in general. I was there Tuesday for some practice and tire breakin. I was thinking I would jump right into the 17.5 stock but maybe they will require me to go novice first .
If you are proficient then you could probably just jump into Stock. I know that when my brother in law started he had to run novice for a little bit. I ran novice once and they said I didn't have to stay. Novice out here is kind of a shit show most nights...lol It's dangerous.

I won't be out there for the next 3 race nights because we are going on Vacation but stop over and say hello when you are there. Murf has done a great job getting everything at IRCR back up and running and the turnouts have been pretty crazy as of late for just mid week club racing
Jade67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #8012
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade67 View Post
If you are proficient then you could probably just jump into Stock. I know that when my brother in law started he had to run novice for a little bit. I ran novice once and they said I didn't have to stay. Novice out here is kind of a shit show most nights...lol It's dangerous.

I won't be out there for the next 3 race nights because we are going on Vacation but stop over and say hello when you are there. Murf has done a great job getting everything at IRCR back up and running and the turnouts have been pretty crazy as of late for just mid week club racing
Ya I was concerned about the dangerous part. I was impressed with the facility, Murf is doing a good job. I look forward to meeting you.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #8013
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

lets please try and keep this discussion to the B5m. There are countless other threads out there debating stock vrs mod. (maybe too many)
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #8014
Tech Elite

what spacers to get for the ft rear hubs the ball stud is 6 mm
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #8015
Tech Rookie

New to buggies and have read this whole thread. I picked up a b5m today and was wondering what servo to go with. Right now I'm looking at savox and the spetkrum s6040.Just wondering what experiences people have had. Thanks in advance for any advice and open to suggestions.
stealth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #8016
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

go with the spekrum if you are choosing between those 2
Old 09-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #8017
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
go with the spekrum if you are choosing between those 2
Man wildcat, you really dont like savox do you?? LOL I run Savox in all my cars and they are one of the fastest and most reliable servos I have found to date. Spektrums arent bad either, they are a great servo as well. I dont think you can go wrong with either decision really!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #8018
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter36 View Post
Man wildcat, you really dont like savox do you?? LOL I run Savox in all my cars and they are one of the fastest and most reliable servos I have found to date. Spektrums arent bad either, they are a great servo as well. I dont think you can go wrong with either decision really!
No I dont like savox to much. I dont care for specyum either. But for the price those 2 are okm. Just seen less issues with spekrum servos. Better fitment in some cars
Old 09-20-2014, 04:05 AM   #8019
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My Savox servo works good but it's a tight fit. Had to dremel some material off of the top edge near the the head badging to get the arm the goes from the servo horn to the rack to clear the servo. After that all good.
eper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:05 AM   #8020
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I started running Savox servos last summer, pretty much be cause I was getting a super deal on them locally, so I decided to try them. Honestly, I haven't had a single issue with them yet. I also run Hitec and Futaba servos (I have a lot of different RC's).

Spektrum is the only brand I do not use any longer. We had a couple issues with Spektrum gear with my wife's RC's. The first one being DX3C steering spring breaking on the second trip to the track, then a compatibility issue with a AE ESC which kept causing transmitter and receiver to loose their bind, then we had another compatibility issue in a crawler with a winch controller.
Jeepy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:42 AM   #8021
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Take a look at the specifications for the speed control, servo and receiver. Make sure they can all play nice together. If your speed control can only put out 2 volts and 2.5 amps on the BEC but the servo needs 3 volts and 4 amps to operate at 100 oz. in of torque you won't be getting the maximum performance out of it. The receiver needs to be able to pass along the power from the speed control to the servo as well so that is another thing to look at.

Moral of the story, make sure your electronic specifications will allow you to take advantage of the performance you are expecting when making a purchase.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:51 AM   #8022
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Take a look at the specifications for the speed control, servo and receiver. Make sure they can all play nice together. If your speed control can only put out 2 volts and 2.5 amps on the BEC but the servo needs 3 volts and 4 amps to operate at 100 oz. in of torque you won't be getting the maximum performance out of it. The receiver needs to be able to pass along the power from the speed control to the servo as well so that is another thing to look at.

Moral of the story, make sure your electronic specifications will allow you to take advantage of the performance you are expecting when making a purchase.
Who is this guy using his brain and actually doing his own research to be sure his electronics package will coincide??
Old 09-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #8023
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have noticed most racers are running the rear motor front arms and tower and sometimes the rear arms are swapped with the ones from the rear motor car as well. Is that also a standard set-up or only ran sometimes and do the arms need to be flipped or do they fit without
Old 09-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #8024
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlpressley View Post
Who is this guy using his brain and actually doing his own research to be sure his electronics package will coincide??
Only about 4.75% of people on this forum. But apparently it's easier to ask and then wait hours for a reply, then when you do get a reply you have no idea if the guy knows what he's talking about or not

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #8025
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckoetsch View Post
I have noticed most racers are running the rear motor front arms and tower and sometimes the rear arms are swapped with the ones from the rear motor car as well. Is that also a standard set-up or only ran sometimes and do the arms need to be flipped or do they fit without
Seems to be the standard setup, I built mine out of the box with the RM arms and front tower. And yes, the rear RM arms will be swapped side to side when used on the MM.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote