Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree136Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
The bearings in the rack, the plastic portion.
Great thanks!!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

From what I have tested, a shorty pack works best on a smooth track and if its really bumpy the saddle pack works best.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

agree with both bob and suby.. the heavier bigger battery settles the car down some, but everyone has their own idea of what they like.. so try and borrow one and see.

me? for mod I like the bigger battery. depending on tracks I will either run a 7.5 , 10.5 , 13.5 depending on size and conditions.. I feel it just settles the car a little and can carry more speed in and thru the corners.. everywhere else feels much the same.

for stock I like the shorty's... unless the track is really loose then will go to square.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can someone from Associated explain why there are no parts available for the B5! Shipping 4 sets of arms to a hobby shop isn't supplying anyone with anything! This is pretty stupid and frustrating!!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdog
Can someone from Associated explain why there are no parts available for the B5! Shipping 4 sets of arms to a hobby shop isn't supplying anyone with anything! This is pretty stupid and frustrating!!
Don't crash your car and you won't have to worry. also maybe your lhs didn't order enough or early enough to meet demand. my lhs has lots of parts including aluminum upgrades and gets more all the time.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Simple explanation.
New car = low supplies since everybody is stocking up.
Patience is key in a situation like this.

Another thought, the car is a tank and I haven't seen anyone break a single part yet. So is it necessary to stock up and screw the rest of the world just to have spares?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Simple explanation.
New car = low supplies since everybody is stocking up.
Patience is key in a situation like this.

Another thought, the car is a tank and I haven't seen anyone break a single part yet. So is it necessary to stock up and screw the rest of the world just to have spares?
I broke a front tower but I had purchased a backup as soon as the track had a spare. The day I broke it they didn't have any in stock so I would have lost a complete race day (broke it practicing before racing even started). The places I have been and looked online don't have inventory of all of the common breakage parts (towers, arms) so there is a little issue but it's a new kit.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Stupid and frustrating are the people that keep asking these questions. The parts are out there. Talk to you LHS on how they order before blaming Associated.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Legend

We got 10 sets of flat arms & they were all purchase by 5 racers right after the price tags were stuck on um.

The rest R all SOL ....

I stop by the track each afternoon after the shipments arrive
and try to get first pick.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrShield
Anyone driving modified (6.5 or 7.5) and have done some testing between Shorty and Saddlepacks?

I use saddle now, but I always have the feeling that the car is too heavy. I'm thinking of getting at least a shorty to try, but before investment I would like to have some thoughts and opinions from you guys if it's worth the extra cost. Thanks.
You have all that power and it still feels heavy?
Old 04-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

You should ask 22-4 owners about getting parts!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default 17.5 set up

I'can anyone give some recommendations for a good 17.5 stock class set up? I'm mostly interested in the shock set up. Pistons, oil, springs. I'm on a medium sized indoor clay track with medium grip. Medium-sized jumps as well.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
I disagree, a guy could be better then you at setup but suck at wheeling a car. Hara could put multiple laps on his mechanic. If I need setup advice guess who I'm listening to.
So let me guess Hara does not know how to set up car. Most fast guys know set up. I do not want to make a blanket set up that says slow guys dont.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

I think driving ability can mask/make up for setup/build issues.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justinb86
I'can anyone give some recommendations for a good 17.5 stock class set up? I'm mostly interested in the shock set up. Pistons, oil, springs. I'm on a medium sized indoor clay track with medium grip. Medium-sized jumps as well.

Thanks

I would start with this Ashe Deering setup. His dad says he uses the same setup on all kinds of tracks. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...sic2014031116/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.