R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #751
Tech Adept
 
C4PT4IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ft Sill
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Borgia View Post
You are right that it will not give more room in either of the b5's. I only mean to point out that it is worth trying pulling weight instead of adding weight, as davidka has tried to point out the problems of simply piling on weight. In short, The c4.2 seems to me to be more forgiving when coming on power with less weight up front. I'm wondering if we have to reconsider how weight transfer works on mm cars and not think only in terms of rm weight transfer.
Good point I've never run a MM car so my input on this is all just speculation
C4PT4IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #752
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 95
Default

Pure speculation, but I think this weight adding will not be the trend as we figure these cars out. I will note, however, that ae has plastic, aluminum, and brass pivots for the b5m.





C.Borgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #753
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Borgia View Post
It might be worth noting that more and more drivers are moving to a short servo in their c4.2, which is something like 20 grams less up front.
ordering the digital Track Star from Turnigy.
Half the price ..

Everyone will do soon.( short servo)

Don't think so ?

Ck Maifields C4..
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #754
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
ordering the digital Track Star from Turnigy.
Half the price ..

Everyone will do soon.( short servo)

Don't think so ?

Ck Maifields C4..
ts-915 model?

Last edited by gticlay; 01-29-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: ?
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #755
Tech Addict
 
RazzBarlow7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sandy Eggo, CA
Posts: 530
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
ordering the digital Track Star from Turnigy.
Half the price ..

Everyone will do soon.( short servo)

Don't think so ?

Ck Maifields C4..


Your argument is invalid.
__________________
My wallet sponsors the following companies: Tekno, X-Factory, Schuur Speed, Tekin, SDRC
B4.1 (retired)
Tekno SCT410, Schuur Speed 4300KV, Tekin RX8, Reedy 7000mah
X-Factory Cubed #163, Schuur Speed 17.5, Tekin RS Gen 2, XP1015, Reedy 4100 Shorty
UNDER CONSTRUCTION: X-Factory SCX60-CF #132
RazzBarlow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #756
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
ordering the digital Track Star from Turnigy.
Half the price ..

Everyone will do soon.( short servo)

Don't think so ?

Ck Maifields C4..
Indeed. Not to suggest this is the end-all-be-all, but its worth trying.
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...ield_CRCRC.pdf
http://2wdmod.com/2014/01/28/michael-schoettlersc42/
C.Borgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #757
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7 View Post


Your argument is invalid.
Who's arguing...
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #758
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7 View Post

Your argument is invalid.
Come on, Razz. Don't let your disdain for WC detract from this, please. (reedy race, jconcepts picture)
C.Borgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #759
Tech Addict
 
RazzBarlow7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sandy Eggo, CA
Posts: 530
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

There you go...actual proof.

I rescind my earlier statement.
__________________
My wallet sponsors the following companies: Tekno, X-Factory, Schuur Speed, Tekin, SDRC
B4.1 (retired)
Tekno SCT410, Schuur Speed 4300KV, Tekin RX8, Reedy 7000mah
X-Factory Cubed #163, Schuur Speed 17.5, Tekin RS Gen 2, XP1015, Reedy 4100 Shorty
UNDER CONSTRUCTION: X-Factory SCX60-CF #132
RazzBarlow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #760
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7 View Post
There you go...actual proof.

I rescind my earlier statement.
I make goof ups all the time, will correct any mistakes when I do.

and

Apologies if necessary..
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #761
Tech Elite
 
mblgjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 2,178
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Anyone care to comment as to how much the B5 series and the Yokomo appear to be twins serparated @ birth?
__________________
Team Associated Reedy JConcepts.net FusionX USA
mblgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #762
Tech Master
 
Pete Martinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bronx
Posts: 1,358
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

__________________
MUGENRACING.COM/MBX7/
/B64/B6/RIP LIR/PHAT SCHEEMZ PAINT/WWW.RCNYC.NET/
BARNSTOMERSRC/REDLINE HOBBIES/WOLCOTT HOBBY & RACEWAY/
/FORT KNOX RC NYC/IRH RACEWAY/TEAM TIGHT TO THE PIPE RACING/
/TEAM RAMOS/
Pete Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #763
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,945
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
Anyone care to comment as to how much the B5 series and the Yokomo appear to be twins serparated @ birth?
how so besides the 4 round wheels and the blue anno?

- has has the front shocks front mounted, b5 rear mounted
- yok has pin and bearing wheels, b5 has front and rear hex
- Bmax rear mounts the rear shocks and the b5 front mounts the rear shocks.
- yok has ball cups and the b5 has captured ends
- yok uses c-hubs still, the b5 does not.


nope, sorry I dont see it.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #764
Tech Addict
 
BillPear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The O.C. 92646
Posts: 748
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BillPear
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
Anyone care to comment as to how much the B5 series and the Yokomo appear to be twins serparated @ birth?
You've never seen a Formula 1 car? All racing cars evolve to a point were they look the same.
BillPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #765
Tech Apprentice
 
8ightracer2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bolingbrook
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPear View Post
You've never seen a Formula 1 car? All racing cars evolve to a point were they look the same.
+1
__________________
*****LEISURE HOUR HOBBIES AND RACEWAY*****

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOP!
8ightracer2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:10 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net