Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is the rear offset the same as the B4.2? if it is, thats the only upgrade Ill make is the aluminum hexes, always had better luck with those on the rear.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

On AE's website the rear motor version has a 6.5 motor inside. Scratching my head. Did the drive ratio change? What motor do I get now?!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Legend

Somebody must of just got the boot out if stock.

Lol
Old 01-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyD
is the rear offset the same as the B4.2? if it is, thats the only upgrade Ill make is the aluminum hexes, always had better luck with those on the rear.
The rims for the B5 are the same as the B4.2 but the axle diameter and hex thickness might be either thicker or thinner depending on rear A arm length. The existing hexes will probably not work.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
On AE's website the rear motor version has a 6.5 motor inside. Scratching my head. Did the drive ratio change? What motor do I get now?!
It's only in there for pictures... Don't worry. Same motor you'd already run in a buggy would be fine. My mach2 8.5 will be in mine
Old 01-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What exactly is a team kit? Team meaning TEAM associated. Not factory TEAM?

Will be nice when the manual is on line to check out the build.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cridd
What exactly is a team kit? Team meaning TEAM associated. Not factory TEAM?

Will be nice when the manual is on line to check out the build.
"Team" was the original designation given to AE kits. Factory team kits didn't introduced until the b3/t3 series.

The B5 with the features it comes with has more options than older "team" kits... It'll be a good value for sure.

Some people seem disappointed its not a "factory team" kit... But when you introduce a whole new platform... How are you supposed to have upgrades ands hopups for a car that hasn't been out?

Just slap some Ti turnbuckles on it and race and have fun!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by aeRayls

How are you supposed to have upgrades ands hopups for a car that hasn't been out?

Just slap some Ti turnbuckles on it and race and have fun!
They could offer the preditable upgrades or options when they release the kit.

Parts such as alloy bell cranks, titanium camber rods , carbon battery brace & gold shocks shafts should be made available at the same time as the kit.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
They could offer the preditable upgrades or options when they release the kit.

Parts such as alloy bell cranks, titanium camber rods , carbon battery brace & gold shocks shafts should be made available at the same time as the kit.
Ti turnbuckles and gold shock shafts are already available! Having alum hopups for a yet to be released car isnt too practical. Most all of the stuff is just a"perceived need"
Old 01-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

i dont think aluminum cranks are needed tbh, since they made the plastic a 1 piece. the main reason people started running the aluminum was that it was a 1 piece so it made the car react more linear instead of that dumb servo saver for servos newer then 2007 lol.

the plastic looks beefier on the b5 rack so i dont think the plastic should be an issue. but if its under $20 for and alu one id get it just for the bling factor
Old 01-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jake S
i dont think aluminum cranks are needed tbh, since they made the plastic a 1 piece. the main reason people started running the aluminum was that it was a 1 piece so it made the car react more linear instead of that dumb servo saver for servos newer then 2007 lol.

the plastic looks beefier on the b5 rack so i dont think the plastic should be an issue. but if its under $20 for and alu one id get it just for the bling factor
Completely agree, and I like how there's no servo saver because I just hate building them haha.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by braderb
Well gentlemen, i'm on the fence.

I would like a 4wd buggy. T/A or Losi 22-4. I read the 22 pages here and 67 pages for Losi. I'm not closed minded or stuck to a single brand. I find most rc people very bias to a brand.

What a huge difference in threads. The thread support from multiple Losi people answering questions is amazing. This thread needs official Team Associated support. People are left misinformed/speculating here.

This is Team Associated's fault. Many questions are asked and deserve direct answers from T/A.

Don't own T/A yet. This might keep me away and has nothing to do with your product!

Really unnecessary and unfortunate.

I agree 1000000. I saw kody numedahl(sorry if I misspelled the last name) make a post that this thread could actually benefit from.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
. the main reason people started running the aluminum was that it was a 1 piece so it made the car react more linear instead of that dumb servo saver for servos newer then 2007 lol.
The reason people started omitting the saver was because a few team drivers did it on a very high traction track and the TLR car doesn't have one. Nothing has changes about the durability of servos in 20 years. If anything, they've gotten worse.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
The reason people started omitting the saver was because a few team drivers did it on a very high traction track and the TLR car doesn't have one. Nothing has changes about the durability of servos in 20 years. If anything, they've gotten worse.
It may be that people are buying cheaper servos and expecting them to behave like expensive ones. I still prefer Sanwa and JR over say, Savox. I have a JR servo that is over 5 years old, has been in multiple cars, and performs flawlessly.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Nothing has changes about the durability of servos in 20 years. If anything, they've gotten worse.
Couldn't be more incorrect. The Futaba servo I put in my RC10 Team Car was plastic gear, slow and for the time a pretty good servo. I broke 1 even with a servo saver. Modern Ti gear servos are way faster, way stronger and more reliable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.