R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree16Likes

Old 08-27-2014, 01:04 AM   #7396
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Have lunsford screws, studs and buckles, great stuff, expensive but awesome.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:08 AM   #7397
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well my Shumachers turnbuckles (which I had on hand, same size anyway) are 2.5gr each precisely. Titanium is just under 2x lighter than steel so over 6 turnbuckles you're going to win about 7.5gr at the best.
One misconception is that titanium is tougher than steel... it is true but pretty rare : the toughest titanium alloy is tougher than poor/cheap steel alloy steel and that's about it. Titanium can only dream of reaching high tensile steel strength.
I was surprised to see that associated gave us 12.9 screw quality which gives us a strength of 1200Mpa (ultimate) at 90% (yield). Extremely High quality titanium aerospace grade alloy won't go much further than 900Mpa (ultimate). So going for Ti screws on the B5 is for the weight/corrosion resistance not the strength.

Anyway I just received the B5 gear diff and it is by a long shot the smoothest I ever had ! Even compared with my 22 and Kf who've been run and breaked in for a long time ! Very impressed . There's very little break in to do from new.

Jonathan
shannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:48 AM   #7398
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
The RSX response is pretty much the best servo you can buy. I've got one in my SC6. Bullet proof.
I think they have discontinued the RSX one10 Response and replaced it with the BSX2 one10 Response servo. When I went to buy another RSX one10 this is what I was told/sold anyway. Essentially the same servo but with a brushless motor; a little more torque and .01s slower than the RSX.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:50 AM   #7399
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannow View Post
Well my Shumachers turnbuckles (which I had on hand, same size anyway) are 2.5gr each precisely. Titanium is just under 2x lighter than steel so over 6 turnbuckles you're going to win about 7.5gr at the best.

Jonathan
Yeah, the Lunsford Ti turnbuckles are about 0.6g each lighter than the standard steel RB6 turnbuckles, so 3.6g total saving. That's for the Punisher series. The 3.5mm heavy duty ones would be about as heavy as the standard steel ones.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:11 AM   #7400
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share Jeremy Harris' ROAR Nationals winning setup. It looks pretty standard until you get to the shock package. I ran it on my car in mod and it got better and better as the track go bumpier.

check it out: http://dialedsetups.com/sheets/assoc...onals-1496.pdf

Leon

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #7401
CnR
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Has anyone done the mod to the caster block bushings and replaced them with bearings? Curious if it makes any noticeable improvements.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:31 AM   #7402
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

way to soft for me. 1.9 in the rear and 1.7s up front...pass. The rest of the setup look good. If i get pucks, I also plan to use the brass front suspension holder to keep weight in the back of the car.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #7403
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

1.9 pistons? Can't say that I've seen those (kit) pistons.
negatv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #7404
Tech Prophet

I was thinking they were drilled out.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #7405
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

1.9's and 1.7's... yea that will never work. Kid won't win anything with a crazy setup like that!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #7406
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Kave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I was thinking they were drilled out.
They were the kit molded pistons that he did in fact drill out.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:18 AM   #7407
Tech Prophet

lol, that was not the point Bob. It wont for for me. I tried 1.7 with high weight oils and the car was a slapomatic. A car slapping is like nails on a chalk board to me. I sold all of my cars that slapped lol. He might have gone that light for the bumps/pot holes in the track. The tracks around here are not that rough. No need to for those huge holes. The rest of his setup looks fine. Again, the big holes were probably for that blown out track.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #7408
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave View Post
They were the kit molded pistons that he did in fact drill out.
yeah, that is what I figured. I would be curious to see if he tried the 1.4x3 tapers. I would think they might be more ideal for a rutted up track.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #7409
Tech Prophet

this video is featuring Spencer Rivkin....But it also shows the new layout at SRS. lol, the triple in the middle had a lot of lift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FMP...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #7410
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
lol, that was not the point Bob. It wont for for me. I tried 1.7 with high weight oils and the car was a slapomatic. A car slapping is like nails on a chalk board to me. I sold all of my cars that slapped lol. He might have gone that light for the bumps/pot holes in the track. The tracks around here are not that rough. No need to for those huge holes. The rest of his setup looks fine. Again, the big holes were probably for that blown out track.

I'm sure that it was totally dictated by the track conditions. After talking with my friends who were there, I wouldn't put any stock into any setups that you see coming out of this race that look off the wall. This race was 99.9% tires and staying on top of the track conditions.

Mike said he ran his exact setup that he runs back home (which you guys all saw was very close to stock) only with a shorty pack. Said his cars were perfect. He had B main pace all week and kept making that one mistake or getting caught in traffic that one time. At that level, one mistake is 10-20 spots, which tossed him in the D.

Alex didn't say anything about his setups, but knowing him, I'm sure it was a similar situation. He ended up in the C, but similar situation as Mike. Cars were on pace, had the lap times and consistency, but would have that one lap where they piped it or got into traffic and ruined their run.

P.S. After hearing from these guys, no way in hell I'm going to FL in the summer