R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #7246
Tech Master
 
Cridd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Checked it out more, says motor or drivetrain lock. Going to put new motor in and see if that fixes it.
__________________
Chris
B6D / T5M / SC5M
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #7247
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Exclamation

@ Roar Nat's in Orlando

MikeS & the Tacompton

B5M

19/5:09

Oyeah......
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #7248
Tech Elite
 
Ostach24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,612
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Wild Cherry;13486476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
Hey I'm very interested in the serpent mid motor body. I like the way it's a cross between finnisher and silencer. My question is will it fit on the b5m? No one at the local tracks run serpent. Ae, losi, Kyosho, and a few durangos but no serpents. If anyone out there can help me out I'd much appreciate

the Silencer is prefered for its handling & designed to fit a b5..
I don't want the silencer I don't like the back of the roof and back side window area... I like the serpent body the way the car looks like the finisher, but has the fin on top... My question is will the serpent mid motor body fit the b5m?

Last edited by Ostach24; 08-23-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #7249
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Posts: 1,571
Send a message via ICQ to JiuHaWong
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
I don't want the silencer I don't like the back of the roof and back side window area... I like the serpent body the way the can looks like the finisher, but has the fin on top... My question is will the serpent mid motor body fit the b5m?
Buy one, test fit it and let us know if it fits.
__________________
오늘의 청소년들이 미래의 문제를 처리 할 준비가 병 슬프게도 있습니다 우려하고있다.
JiuHaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #7250
Tech Elite
 
Ostach24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,612
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
Buy one, test fit it and let us know if it fits.
Don't want to waste the money to see, was hoping someone at one of the tracks out there has a buddy that has a serpent, could drop it on and see how close it is and what doesn't fit...

A friend wanted a phantom on his c4.2, we checked around to find that b5m doesn't fit it, however the rb6 body did. Saved him $22 on a mistake
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #7251
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

[QUOTE=Ostach24;13486955]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post

I don't want the silencer I don't like the back of the roof and back side window area... I like the serpent body the way the car looks like the finisher, but has the fin on top... My question is will the serpent mid motor body fit the b5m?

Be care full what you wish for,
what you do not like is what makes the Silencer more popular.

Adding more down force on the rear is not helping the handling on the B5.
Maybe the Serpent needs , not the B5 though.

That's why the new Silencer is only copy of the Centro Silencer.
Track time has been proving that design is a winner.

Maybe ask the Serpent boys if a b5m shell fits a Serpent ?
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 08-23-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #7252
Tech Regular
 
Jason Baliban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
just get the avid flex bearing kit. you wont be disappointed. IMO they are better anyway
Affirmative.

jB
__________________
High Sundry Productions

B5M | MBX-7Re | T5M | TC3 | RC10 "Graphite"
Jason Baliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #7253
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,990
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

here is an interesting quote from Ron Schuur on facebook

"Hobbywing esc's are dominant across all 3 SPEC Classes. Split between the Stock SPEC, V3.1 Stock SPEC, and the V3.1. Hobbywing has taken all 3 TQ positions!"

I guess hobbywing esc's dont suck
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires

Last edited by Wildcat1971; 08-24-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:08 AM   #7254
Tech Master
 
3srcracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Well geez I think my stock B5M is just to good now, or I'm losing my skill because i"m to busy pulling wheelies in mod. LOL

I need to probably decide on stock or mod, but it's a tough decision!
3srcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #7255
Tech Elite
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,052
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
Don't want to waste the money to see, was hoping someone at one of the tracks out there has a buddy that has a serpent, could drop it on and see how close it is and what doesn't fit...

A friend wanted a phantom on his c4.2, we checked around to find that b5m doesn't fit it, however the rb6 body did. Saved him $22 on a mistake
it fits, I had both cars at one time and tried it.
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:50 AM   #7256
Tech Adept
 
racer_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

my b5m made its maiden voyage tonight if you wanna call it that. drove it around on the road a lil bit and finalized the diff break-in. pretty stoked to see some track time as its been since 2005 since i have raced. ill post pix soon.
__________________
W.E.D. Winning Edge Designs
racer_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #7257
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
here is an interesting quote from Ron Schuur on facebook

"Hobbywing esc's are dominant across all 3 SPEC Classes. Split between the Stock SPEC, V3.1 Stock SPEC, and the V3.1. Hobbywing has taken all 3 TQ positions!"

I guy hobbywing esc's dont suck
HW speed controls rock actually. Just at the moment have 4 LRPs powering my kits and done feel like trying to sell them for enough to switch. If I did switch I would go Orion Stock. Plenty powerful enough for all of my cars even the 4 wheel buggy, and I know how to program with the switch. No need for the box.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #7258
Tech Elite
 
Ostach24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,612
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Wild Cherry;13487033]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post


Be care full what you wish for,
what you do not like is what makes the Silencer more popular.

Adding more down force on the rear is not helping the handling on the B5.
Maybe the Serpent needs , not the B5 though.

That's why the new Silencer is only copy of the Centro Silencer.
Track time has been proving that design is a winner.

Maybe ask the Serpent boys if a b5m shell fits a Serpent ?

Hey wc Idc, I like what I like and I don't like the ugly silencer. The design is a winner because the best racers in the country have it on their car. Why did they switch to the new body? Because it's is the latest out from their sponsor and the sponsor wants to sell us new stuff. After a little, I'm willing to bet they run the finnisher. Why? Because it's better than the silencer? No bc they want people to buy them.
__________________
Cobra Graphics

For all your graphic design needs.
CobraGraphics.net
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #7259
Tech Elite
 
Ostach24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,612
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
it fits, I had both cars at one time and tried it.
Thanks, I appreciate your help. How's your carbon fiber set up working out for ya? Got any pictures of it yet?
__________________
Cobra Graphics

For all your graphic design needs.
CobraGraphics.net
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #7260
Tech Addict
 
mschumi101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago-land/U of Wisconsin-Madison
Posts: 729
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101
Default

[QUOTE=Ostach24;13488175]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post


Hey wc Idc, I like what I like and I don't like the ugly silencer. The design is a winner because the best racers in the country have it on their car. Why did they switch to the new body? Because it's is the latest out from their sponsor and the sponsor wants to sell us new stuff. After a little, I'm willing to bet they run the finnisher. Why? Because it's better than the silencer? No bc they want people to buy them.
Cav has the Finnisher mounted up on his B5M for Nats...



__________________
Associated B5M Reedy 7.5 | Xray T4 ORCA 17.5
Orange Powered!
Previous: B44.2 | TC5R | TC5 | B4.2 | B44 | Slash | E4RS | TA05R | TT01
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net