Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 08-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
http://www.amain.com/ProTek-R-C-Team...Kit-77/p300792

normally I give a crap less about Ti screws....But we have a rust issue locally, so I can drop weight and keep the rust at bay. Lets hope the screws dont suck, lol.
Same reason I run stainless screws on all of my cars. Not a bad price for titanium though, wonder how the quality is against say Lunsford who's screws cost more than double. Seems like quite a few companies are getting into the ti screw game, I know STRC has some stuff out now as well.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC
Same reason I run stainless screws on all of my cars. Not a bad price for titanium though, wonder how the quality is against say Lunsford who's screws cost more than double. Seems like quite a few companies are getting into the ti screw game, I know STRC has some stuff out now as well.
Yeah, I was thinking that someone in China is cranking these things out and the RC industry is jumping all over it. Probably prompted by all of the pictures of B5Ms on FB on scales. The AE super light trend made it happen, lol. I would have gotten the SS stuff. But i have had it before and it was pretty soft. I guess in low stress areas it is fine. But for $10 more, I will try these Ti screws. I am assuming they will be junk. But I will post back next week after I get them.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I see Lunsford uses Grade 5 Ti-6Al-4V which has a tensile strength yield of 128,000 psi and a Rockwell hardness of C36.
Grade 8.8 steel screws have a Rockwell hardness of C37 with a tensile strength of 170,000 psi.
Stainless screws have a minimum tensile strength of 70,000 psi, and are not rated for hardness.
I am showing aluminum screws are not rated for hardness or tensile strength.

Just an FYI for anyone wondering about the different types of fasteners for their buggies, and where it's best to use which type.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

welp..
i drove george's setup all day yesterday and i can honestly say it is the best my car has been. i have tried several other setups as well. also switched to the inline setup and cornering became quicker and does not have that stall out feeling in the middle of the corner. right now my car feels the best out of all the mid motor cars ive had. (rb6 x2, 22 2.0 and centro) easy to drive and i got my fasted lap times yet yesterday. happy
Old 08-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
welp..
i drove george's setup all day yesterday and i can honestly say it is the best my car has been. i have tried several other setups as well. also switched to the inline setup and cornering became quicker and does not have that stall out feeling in the middle of the corner. right now my car feels the best out of all the mid motor cars ive had. (rb6 x2, 22 2.0 and centro) easy to drive and i got my fasted lap times yet yesterday. happy
Come on... How much did he pay you to say this? JK. Glad its working for some. What track did you try it at?
Old 08-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Come on... How much did he pay you to say this? JK. Glad its working for some. What track did you try it at?
Here's the kicker...he tried it at the exact same track that WC drives at. Did this setup ever get posted anywhere on here?
Old 08-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Here's the kicker...he tried it at the exact same track that WC drives at. Did this setup ever get posted anywhere on here?
Hmmmm. I've only seen bits and pieces. But I am not around here to often.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Ceramic gearbox bearings for B5M. Worth it? Im running mod? Thanks
Old 08-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CaseyAnthonyFan
Ceramic gearbox bearings for B5M. Worth it? Im running mod? Thanks
Mod...I would probably save the money and keep the standard bearings in there. For stock it can definitely be an improvement...so can just spraying out your bearings and lubing them with a thin oil.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Mod...I would probably save the money and keep the standard bearings in there. For stock it can definitely be an improvement...so can just spraying out your bearings and lubing them with a thin oil.
Thank You! One other question. I purchased the low friction X rings only. Not the kit. Do I need the kit that has the black shock hat bushing i guess they call it. or is the ones that come in the b5m kit work with X rings. Thanks. Hope you kno what I mean
Old 08-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

In WC's defense, he does not claim his setup will work everywhere. But at least his feedback is helping someone.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Thank You! One other question. I purchased the low friction X rings only. Not the kit. Do I need the kit that has the black shock hat bushing i guess they call it. or is the ones that come in the b5m kit work with X rings. Thanks. Hope you kno what I mean
You can use just the x-rings with the kit bushings. The bushings are the same from std rings to x-rings.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

You can use just the x-rings with the kit bushings. The bushings are the same from std rings to x-rings.
Thankyou!
Old 08-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Tech Legend

Tacompton has been posted already.

Tacompton .2 will be done soon and will include suggestions for other track surfaces.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What's the lifespan of the X rings? Replace every week like the original red/orange O rings?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.