R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #6826
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,991
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

He is not from the US, but xfactory should have a CF chassis out in the next few weeks
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #6827
Tech Initiate
 
SkiRideDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: North SD County, CA
Posts: 33
Default

Hey guys. Have been out of rc for a while and have never had an electric before but I just ordered everything I need to build a b5m! Visited SDRC last weekend for the JBRL race and it looked like fun (guy with the sling).

I plan on running primarily at SDRC and sometimes at OCRC, both have clay fairly high traction surfaces from what I have gathered. I went ahead and put together my own setup sheet from my research and thought I would post it here to see if you guys had any further suggestions. Please see the attached PDF setup sheet.

I am excited to get this built and get driving. Thanks in advance.
SkiRideDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #6828
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,991
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiRideDrive View Post
Hey guys. Have been out of rc for a while and have never had an electric before but I just ordered everything I need to build a b5m! Visited SDRC last weekend for the JBRL race and it looked like fun (guy with the sling).

I plan on running primarily at SDRC and sometimes at OCRC, both have clay fairly high traction surfaces from what I have gathered. I went ahead and put together my own setup sheet from my research and thought I would post it here to see if you guys had any further suggestions. Please see the attached PDF setup sheet.

I am excited to get this built and get driving. Thanks in advance.
It looks like a fine place to start. But, IMO the hard parts on the front might be a mistake. If your new, hard parts can be very brittle. I saw a guy give his kid his b5 to race this weekend. The kid is pretty decent, but will still hit stuff. The car had hard arms and tower and snapped both a few laps into the main. I dont recommend them unless you are a betterish driver. If you already put them on the car and cant return them, just replace with plastic if/when they break.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #6829
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopp View Post
price?
It has got some more parts than xfactorys for flex tuning but I am looking at a 150$ price tag for 65 to 70g of total weight loss.
Shipping works over seas from this end also
quasimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #6830
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,991
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

yeah, but shipping is stupid high, lol. I sent a few things over seas. It is highway robbery.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #6831
Tech Initiate
 
SkiRideDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: North SD County, CA
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
It looks like a fine place to start. But, IMO the hard parts on the front might be a mistake. If your new, hard parts can be very brittle. I saw a guy give his kid his b5 to race this weekend. The kid is pretty decent, but will still hit stuff. The car had hard arms and tower and snapped both a few laps into the main. I dont recommend them unless you are a betterish driver. If you already put them on the car and cant return them, just replace with plastic if/when they break.
Thanks for the info Wildcat!
SkiRideDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #6832
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: B town
Posts: 9
Default

what is a slipper eliminator and where do you get one at
old rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #6833
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,744
Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old rookie View Post
what is a slipper eliminator and where do you get one at
It eliminates the slipper and can be found here:

http://www.exotekracing.com/b5-b4-t4...spur-gear-hub/

Need to use a kimbrough style spur gear though.
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #6834
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,991
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old rookie View Post
what is a slipper eliminator and where do you get one at
exotek makes one, but its sae, so I passed on it. Plus not everyone carries the spurs locally. Someone makes a 3d printed one for the AVID slipper, so you can use the AVID spurs. Those are much more locally available. But I am unsure who the guy is that is/was making them. I have debated getting one myself.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:37 AM   #6835
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old rookie View Post
what is a slipper eliminator and where do you get one at
Try here - http://bit.ly/1sCUfZa
negatv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #6836
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,991
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by negatv1 View Post
lol. I was actually just googling to see if that guy 3d printing them, is selling them. I might just tighten my slipper and call it good. Might even try to avid 2 pad setup that some people use.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #6837
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Many different ways to achieve the same result (stripped out idlers).
negatv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #6838
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
lol. I was actually just googling to see if that guy 3d printing them, is selling them. I might just tighten my slipper and call it good. Might even try to avid 2 pad setup that some people use.
Off topic. Turnbuckle binding fix. Take a set of flat pliers, no ribs. And put slight pressure on the ball ends to slightly squash them. Br careful not to do it too much. Binding fixed. Thanks to John Raya for the fix. Also thanks to Kevin Motter or B5M tips, and Team Hot Bodies for the D413 tips. Both cars are incredible now. Whole time my problems with the B5s were the binding turnbuckles. A bit of running on OC/RC hard packed clay broke in my tires. Dialed now running Cavs setup from SDRC.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #6839
Tech Master
 
Jcozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,113
Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default

Running b5m on indoor super high bite ozite carpet. Trying to get more on power steering and make it rotate faster. I'm running short short link on the rear hubs back in rear. Yellow rear spring grey front. 19mm rear ride height and 18mm front ride height. 1.6's all around 27.5/32.5. Proline tires all around. What do you guys think? Thanks!
__________________
Jared Cozzocrea

HobbyPro PRS1 / HobbyPro SB401 / Fusion Graphics / Mayor RC
Premier RC Raceway and Hobbies
Dave's RC Tracks
Jcozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:07 AM   #6840
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by negatv1 View Post
Many different ways to achieve the same result (stripped out idlers).
Can say the same about ball cups.lol
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (1 members and 5 guests)
Crazyybikerdude
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:06 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net