Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dagolf
Looking for an unbiased opinion on which buggy you prefer. AE b5m or tlr 22 2.0 (mm). Not looking to start a war just a simple question for the guys who have both and have done side by side testing. I currently have a 22 2.0 with rocket rc nrass anti squat and rear camber block base. Last night was my first outing with it and it was rather rough bc i was trying to break in new front tires and it was also my first time on the track with it. Didnt do bad at all, was just a lap off pace from my rear motor car, which i was very comfortable with. I know it takes a little time to get used to mid motor so im not thinking about switching it back until ive had enough time to adjust. Im all for any car that makes me faster but i have to feel comfortable with it first.
nothing to talk about, b5m hands down better!
Old 03-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Google hobby express cincinnati ohio. They have 4 in stock right now
Old 03-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I just finished building my B5 rear motor and had a question about the top shock bushings.

Both the front and rear shocks have a lot of forward and backwards movement on the top mount. The shock slides along the bushing and seems kind of loose?

Is this right? Almost feels like there should be a o-ring, washers, etc. To act as a damper.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Jay, I run a savox 1267 and it works fine. The external dimensions on paper are the same as the 1268. I suggest you install the servo horn and rod end and then try installing it. Mine looked like a no go as well but once I had it in and bolted in there is just enough clearance.
I will give it a try but the ballstud even hits the servo top. I did pick up a 1258 also but don't want to run an external cap if possible.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Old 03-16-2014, 05:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntJeff
Whats funny is HB doesn't even make a 2WD buggy!
Its a mishmashed centro... lol!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jay13
I will give it a try but the ballstud even hits the servo top. I did pick up a 1258 also but don't want to run an external cap if possible.
I got the 1268 to fit in mine. I just had to take the rubber piece off that goes into the servo and don't use any of the black spacers so the servo sits as far back as possible.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dagolf
Looking for an unbiased opinion on which buggy you prefer. AE b5m or tlr 22 2.0 (mm). Not looking to start a war just a simple question for the guys who have both and have done side by side testing. I currently have a 22 2.0 with rocket rc nrass anti squat and rear camber block base. Last night was my first outing with it and it was rather rough bc i was trying to break in new front tires and it was also my first time on the track with it. Didnt do bad at all, was just a lap off pace from my rear motor car, which i was very comfortable with. I know it takes a little time to get used to mid motor so im not thinking about switching it back until ive had enough time to adjust. Im all for any car that makes me faster but i have to feel comfortable with it first.
I drove both yesterday. 2nd race weekend on my B5M and me and my buddy swapped cars after the races in practice. He has a 22 2.0 mm setup the same as yours. IMO the 22 was great, it turned well and had tons of rear bite. My B5M was more forgiving and drove much the same, lots of side bite and forward traction. I could throw it around more and it didn't get out of shape.
I picked up a lap and my lap times were much more consistent with the B5M, I want to try flat arms and tower just to see what it does. Right now I'm running Kody Numendahl's setup exactly, car is a bit heavy... 1608 rtr
Old 03-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

well I finished my backyard outdoor track this morning.. I made a 35 x 80 track.. dirt is a clay and dirt mix.. did about 7 tabletops and doubles.. 2 triples and some rollers and bump section.. lanes are only 5-6 ft wide as that's whats on my tractor with my tiller.

I tried a couple different tires at first.. ended up with proline mini steps in back and 4 row wide ribs in front... made just a few changes to car and it was dialed.. at one point I had to much rear traction and had to move battery forward with one small spacer behind battery.

i am amazed how easy the car is to dial into different track conditions.. it was a blast driving outside again..
Old 03-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markt311
I drove both yesterday. 2nd race weekend on my B5M and me and my buddy swapped cars after the races in practice. He has a 22 2.0 mm setup the same as yours. IMO the 22 was great, it turned well and had tons of rear bite. My B5M was more forgiving and drove much the same, lots of side bite and forward traction. I could throw it around more and it didn't get out of shape.
I picked up a lap and my lap times were much more consistent with the B5M, I want to try flat arms and tower just to see what it does. Right now I'm running Kody Numendahl's setup exactly, car is a bit heavy... 1608 rtr
Thanks for that reply! Really appreciate the un-biased opinion. I think i will just fo ahead and get a b5m to test with and see which i feel more comfortable with that way i dont get flamed on here...again
Old 03-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickster
well I finished my backyard outdoor track this morning.. I made a 35 x 80 track.. dirt is a clay and dirt mix.. did about 7 tabletops and doubles.. 2 triples and some rollers and bump section.. lanes are only 5-6 ft wide as that's whats on my tractor with my tiller.

I tried a couple different tires at first.. ended up with proline mini steps in back and 4 row wide ribs in front... made just a few changes to car and it was dialed.. at one point I had to much rear traction and had to move battery forward with one small spacer behind battery.

i am amazed how easy the car is to dial into different track conditions.. it was a blast driving outside again..
What's your setup?
Old 03-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Looks like Ashe Deering TQ'd round 1 at the CC with a RM B5 17.5. So I guess the car works on high bite
And he also took home the 'big' trophy today. Nine of ten in the A were rear motor for Stock, don't think there was a single rear motor in the Super Stock A (correction, Ashe ran a B5 in SS) just an fyi. An interesting side note is Jimbo Rowan took 2nd in Stock with a B4. BT ran rear motor in mod and won the C for even more to ponder.

Last edited by Lance Tanner; 03-16-2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: correction
Old 03-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

ok, so ashe ran the b5m in 17.5 and the RM in 13.5. Why for? just because he has 2 car and 2 classes to run? So jumbo was b4 in 13.5 and b5m in 17.5? confused. And several locals prefer the b4 to the b5. Mostly for its better corning outdoors.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Where are the rear tower mounts breaking. Thinking about making a carbon brace all the way across to strengthen it up a bit
Old 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Well it was a rough day for my B5. Broke the front shock tower in practice before the heats even started and split the front left shock end in the A Main. I have to say the B5 handled surprisingly well with no front left shock, I was able to continue for 4 min with it broken.

So now we have issues...I'm supposed to head to SDRC on Friday and was going to take my B5...but the shock end is toast and the shop at the track had no B5 shock ends which carry a different part number from the B4 (which they had and I bought). Are the B4 shock ends going to work? Other options?

Also I'm a little worried about that front shock tower breakage, I raced the B4.1 WC and then B4.2 for 2 years and tons of crashes and NEVER broke a shock tower, two weeks in with the B5 and snap. I'm glad I had one in the parts box because the shop was out...local AE sponsored driver said he can't even get parts for his.

Lets get on it AE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.