Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Gear mesh should not be lost with side to side play (unless its moving a 1/4" and no longer contacting the pinion, then we have other issues). I thought mine was pretty significant in the B5m but the addtion of 1 shim took most of it out. It has a little bit now but nothing to be overly concerned about.
that's exactly what's happening. A couple of guys at the track last night said the same thing. We first thought it was a defective bearing. But, it seems to be a spacer. We just didn't have a spacer to compare it to. I picked up a b5m. I'll measure that spacer and see if there's a difference. We'll see....
Old 03-13-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eaglesrx
that's exactly what's happening. A couple of guys at the track last night said the same thing. We first thought it was a defective bearing. But, it seems to be a spacer. We just didn't have a spacer to compare it to. I picked up a b5m. I'll measure that spacer and see if there's a difference. We'll see....
Well then....thats a new one. It sounds like your spacer is way off then. My top shaft had about 1.5-2mm of play max. A shim or two took it away.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I saw a MM B5 running at out outdoor track last night. It was not very impressive. lacked rear bite. The car might end up being good down the road, but more often than not, we lack the traction for MM. IMO, if your uncertain, go RM.
Really why where centroid working at the worlds, that was an out door sugared track?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by predu
Raced my b5m there tonight. It was horrible,could not keep rear tires under it.
Traction is always a problem at our track
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
Really why where centroid working at the worlds, that was an out door sugared track?
My local track isn't sugared, and probably most outdoor tracks aren't
Old 03-13-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

If you read his post he states that his track lacks the traction for mid motor. Just because he races outside doesn't mean he runs on manicured sugar coated high traction tracks.....
Old 03-13-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Someone i think CAIN asked about running this car on a looser indoor track. I did it last night and it was horrible. our track is usually low/meduim depending on water and sweeping but usually race time it's pretty good. I took a few weeks off and went back last night to race with my sc10.2, b4.2, and b5m all are 17.5 . The track was way looser than normal like dusty concrete. The b5m was spinning out on power and backing itself into turns, i changed springs,oil,battery placement,and tires. It got a little better but still barely drivable.At one point right after a sweep and water it was alright but you still could not drive very hard at all.It was between tip toeing and driving really easy at best, if your track is medium and up it's a great car, anything less you will just be fighting it. For comparison both 17.5 my sc10.2 did 19.925 fast 17/6:09 right before water break and b5m did 19.811 17/6:03 just after water break
Old 03-13-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holeshot114
Traction is always a problem at our track
i normally have no issue with traction, last night was something else my short course times were a second a lap off
Old 03-13-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I tried MM at my local track. Somethings were good, some bad. My overall times between mm and rm were about the same, but the MM was a lot of work to drive. This was not a B5M, so I am looking forward to seeing how it will work out. The B5M might become a decent outdoor car, but it will take some time to develop those setups. Where as RM is pretty much a drop and go. The local B5RM cars are pretty much running kit setups.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by D.Martijn
Anyone??
C-on !
Thats easy, get the one with the most traction cause there very little grip on moonscape layouts with dust bowls blowing in the wind.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I dont believe so...There should be a plastic mount in your kit that is 2.5° toe in.
That's right too . The first numbers the anti squat and the seconds the toe .
Old 03-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone found a good setup for the b5m and what tires to use at IERC raceway? I plan to race there friday and I have never been there before.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PHIL700XCSP
Mine was doing the same thing. We have a hairpin at the end of our straightaway. I moved the rear hubs forward and it removed the hooking all together. Running the base setup besides that change and the car is leaps and bounds better, hope this helps.
Thanks. I forgot to include in my posting, moving the rear hubs forward was another thing I tried. It helped a little. I'm going to try a lot of things next time I'm at the track to see about locking in the rear more. However, after over hearing the discussion yesterday between my engineering buddy and Bob Stellflue, as well as some conversation with another AE team driver, my consensus is that the rear motor B5 is more dialed in than the B5m right now. So I don't feel like my rear end issue is isolated at all. No doubt both cars will improve over time.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That's right too . The first numbers the anti squat and the seconds the toe .

No the first number is toe the second is anti squat.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chancejeff
Has anyone found a good setup for the b5m and what tires to use at IERC raceway? I plan to race there friday and I have never been there before.
Start w/Kody's setup from OCRC. I made some changes from there, and my car is wicked good.

Tires; Pink BK bars are great there, but people are having great results from the AKA Typo's as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.