Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Finally, ready for the track! Hope it works as good as it went together
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Looks great! Make sure you locktite the front axle screws and the ball studs on the rear hubs, otherwise you might not make it through your 1st pack.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SilentHunter
Looks great! Make sure you locktite the front axle screws and the ball studs on the rear hubs, otherwise you might not make it through your 1st pack.
Thanks for the tip! I learned that from my b5.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holeshot114
Finally, ready for the track! Hope it works as good as it went together
Raced my b5m there tonight. It was horrible,could not keep rear tires under it.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

I had a b4.2 ft for a short time and it got sloppy in the front. How is the plastic on the new buggy? Better or the same?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The track being like dirty concrete isnt helping either,cant wait for the rebuild.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cut a chassis protector for the time being, anybody have a link to pre cut chassis protectors?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Just an FYI if you run a an older Novak ballistic mod motor you at need to backspace it or grind about a 1/32 off the end of the shaft or the dust cover will rub. This was on an 8.5 stator. Not sure if they vary lengths at all.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.TRIPP77
I had a b4.2 ft for a short time and it got sloppy in the front. How is the plastic on the new buggy? Better or the same?
Mo betta! Much beefier car in general. Built with modern brushless power in mind for sure, I was impressed!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Sometimes it isn't about gaining some microscopic amount of speed out of a car. But fine tuning the overall weight of the car I think is the most under-used setup component out there. Heavier cars react slower, but have more grip. Lighter cars have less grip, but react faster. Even in stock, it isn't necessarily about having a car as light as you can get it, it's about having the "right" weight for the track conditions.... sometimes lighter, sometimes heavier.

I have run my stock buggy right at the weight minimum... sure the car feels like im running a 13.5, but the car becomes less predictable, and generates noticeably less traction, all else being equal.

The problem with just swapping batteries, is that unless you have a STACK of them that vary by 10 or 20 grams, it doesn't do you much good to go from shorty to fullsized because that is typically 100grams difference. If you want to change your weight by only 50grams, you gotta drop to a shorty and add 50 grams with something else.

In my experience, heavier cars produce better lap times on loose tracks, and lighter cars produce better lap times on high traction tracks. (if you can handle their snap).

-cpt.
this, plus I feel like it's a driver thing as well..A lightened car may work for you but not for me.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Stardust
Anyone encounter a problem with steering throw? I can’t seem to get full lock to the right.
What servo/radio are you using?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I personally did not, I made sure my servo horn was 90 degrees and then adjusted the links to get the toe set correctly
Old 03-13-2014, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Mo betta! Much beefier car in general. Built with modern brushless power in mind for sure, I was impressed!
Thank you!!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
Cut a chassis protector for the time being, anybody have a link to pre cut chassis protectors?
http://www.s1racing.net/accessory-wr...is-protectors/
Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Hey guys,

First off, thanks to all of you who chimed in this morning mostly on page 102 of this thread, asking questions and wanting to try to help me out. I appreciate it.

First off, yes, I live in Orange County and am more or less in the heart / hub of RC racing land. I see and talk to Steven Hartson when I am out at OCRC; he's a way cool guy, and totally friendly. He answers my questions, comes to say what's up, etc. Kody, Wallnuts, and the other guys are around as well, but I don't see or talk to them as often. Unfortunately most of the AE team left earlier this week for the Cactus Classic race, so I'll have to wait until next week or so to get some more direct in person help.

To be clear: I have plenty of normal traction under all circumstances except the 180's.

Yes... tried my buddy's tires from his Serpent. Front. Rear. Both. His tires were a bit better, but it wasn't a huge difference in the hooking issue.

I'm running no drag brake at the moment, so the rear over rotating isn't from that setting. Good thinking though.

I unexpectedly ended up at OCRC today with my buddy to get some wrenching done on some of my older cars. Lead B5 engineer Bob Stellflue showed up, and we hit him up a bit for some ideas after trying to dial the car in more yesterday at LRH. Even at LRH with their high grip, the car still suffered the same same hooking issue on hairpins / 180's. Although we did make some progress by going to an even softer rear spring, and removing the 2mm washer from the rear inner ball studs.

Also spoke to another AE team driver, and it sounds like moving to a 78 spur so the motor can be pushed further back is what a lot of the guys are already doing, so I'll be trying that when I drive the car again Friday. It was also mentioned to be running oils 32/30 with a saddle, but 30/27 with a shorty.

As suggested, I think I might try laying the rear shocks down a little more to see if that helps as well.

Tropmonkey: I might be @ OCRC Friday. I'll find you to say hi. I usually hang with Kellen.

I'll report back this weekend to see if I got this hooking issue cleared up. That is my only issue with the car.

Thanks,
Jesse
Mine was doing the same thing. We have a hairpin at the end of our straightaway. I moved the rear hubs forward and it removed the hooking all together. Running the base setup besides that change and the car is leaps and bounds better, hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.