R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 07-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #5911
Tech Apprentice

Rebuilt the entire transmission today and diff. Swapped out the top shaft. Everything is wayyyyyy smoother, I love the feel of it. Rebuilding the diff seemed to have helped a ton too. The guy at my local shop set it was set ok, but I had my doubts and after following the guide at the top and getting it honed in you can feel such a difference. Also did the countersunk washer / screw for the wing mount - looks way better. I was barely able to get the pins in to mount my new wing beforehand.

Finally turning out some consistent laps at my track, feels great, getting a consistent line and hitting the jumps consistently. Im loving every minute of this, can't wait until their racing season starts.
hcopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #5912
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopp View Post
Rebuilt the entire transmission today and diff. Swapped out the top shaft. Everything is wayyyyyy smoother, I love the feel of it. Rebuilding the diff seemed to have helped a ton too. The guy at my local shop set it was set ok, but I had my doubts and after following the guide at the top and getting it honed in you can feel such a difference. Also did the countersunk washer / screw for the wing mount - looks way better. I was barely able to get the pins in to mount my new wing beforehand.

Finally turning out some consistent laps at my track, feels great, getting a consistent line and hitting the jumps consistently. Im loving every minute of this, can't wait until their racing season starts.
Rebuilding diffs or fresh diffs make a huge difference in how the car reacts and drives. crunchy diffs are bad....

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #5913
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopp View Post
those are the ones I bought
Old 07-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #5914
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter91 View Post
Not the top cover but the 1 inch plactic piece the connects the 2 is that right
the plastic piece that ackerman balls studs go into
Old 07-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #5915
Tech Prophet

so, I went to my RM car for 17.5. But i decided to not retire the mm car and ran it in the same 13.5 ss class I ran my RM in yesterday. The MM car was soooo much better with more power. The car alive and just was a pleasure to drive. In the last qual was screwing around and over driving the car to see how much I could get out of it. Ended up with my fastest laps of the weekend in any class. IMO 1620 grams in 17.5 is complete crap.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:59 PM   #5916
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

anyone use thread lock on the aluminum steering set? ive usually followed the rule of thumb that anything metal on metal...use threadlock. thanks in advance guys
Old 07-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #5917
Tech Prophet

I used a dab. because of the crush tube, you can get it tight.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #5918
Tech Apprentice

I'm almost finished building my kit, but it only came with one CVA axle. The bag labeled HH included one CVA axle, and what looks like a diff output shaft for a gear diff. Bummed
dcb504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:15 AM   #5919
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well bag a is done. the only trial and error was getting the steering bellcrank brace adjusted to the right amount of tightness...but its butter now!
Old 07-13-2014, 03:21 AM   #5920
Tech Rookie

Got a question folks the Alloy Exotek wing mount, anyone know what angle it might be for the wing? I know the stock one comes with option of 3 settings 0-3-6 grades of angle using that little angle plate, but since the the alloy one aren't ment for that
maybe the downforce do not have that much effect and they skipped it? and perhaps left it at 3?
Solidhype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #5921
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i took a couple months off from tuning anything but am throwing a fresh mm kit together. What was the final word on stopping the front wheel bearings from getting wasted. Was the kits crush tube too small or big or something, I simply forget. Sorry for the redundant question if the answer is posted previously here.

R
RonBegeot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #5922
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBegeot View Post
i took a couple months off from tuning anything but am throwing a fresh mm kit together. What was the final word on stopping the front wheel bearings from getting wasted. Was the kits crush tube too small or big or something, I simply forget. Sorry for the redundant question if the answer is posted previously here.

R
I think AE made a running change on crush tube width so all is good now. I also think the front axle and hex AE upgrade is a must to do away with stock screw holding axle on.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #5923
Tech Prophet

Quote:

R
the bearings on mind bind with the 2/4 spindles but are free with the 3mm. They might need a little sanding to take the pressure off the bearings.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #5924
Tech Legend

Quote:

R
my kit came with the newer crush tube , wheel bearings still smooth ....

Were putting in a new layout tommorow..
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #5925
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Never mind
3srcracing is offline   Reply With Quote