Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by strodedawg
preordered from amain today can't wait
me to got one from a main now I need 150 bucks lol
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

I read this post a couple of times and I must disagree. Overall, the RM car is going to be better all around. Great on loose tracks and good on high bite tracks. The MM will just be good on high bite with lots of tight turns. Also, it takes lots of money and mods to make the Centro competitive. Don't know about the other MM cars or new B5 MM.

Originally Posted by the incubus
This notion of a certain orientation being suited for one type of surface over another makes absolutely no sense. If a car is well balanced and stable, it is this so on ANY surface and the only things you need to do to make it work on all types of surfaces is fine tune via suspension changes and selecting the right tires. If you get both these things correct a car should be equally fast regardless of track type.

The biggest difference with all these RC cars is that people are free to run whatever tire they wish and some cars will simply have a superior combination of rubber that will allow the car to go better, so people assume it's the configuration that's superior.

Certainly MM vehicles will have superior characteristics to that of RM vehicles and visa versa, but a well designed MM car should be faster than a RM simy because of balance and weight distribution. The current crop of MM cars however are not what I'd consider properly designed MM cars as they basically just flipped the drivetrain around to change the displacement of weight further forward. And while that's the ideal thing to do, the drive train should also maintain a neutral balance from side to side which NONE of these rig kits offer.

In the b5 I still see the motor offset a bit more to the left which is something I expected they'd change being as Centering kits made a significant improvement in that area.

Either way, whether MM or RM, a car that is set up well is set up well and nw I'll rip on any track provided you run the right tires and suspension setup.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707
What I'm wondering is if for the time being, does it make more sense to just go with a 4.2 FT than the B5 Team? Given that the 4.2 will probably cost alot less, come with more 'must have' parts, have more available tuning setups, and have more available parts "on the wall".

Don't get me wrong I am juiced for the new car, but whenever I spend a couple of hundred bucks for anything I tend to think about the logic of my purchase. Especially since I tend to splurge on the latest and greatest and the shiny and new.

Perhaps we really won't see the real benefits of the new car until a year from now.
I am in the same boat. Got a brand new hopped up B4.2 that has not seen the track. Do I sell new or keep and race? Brand new Team Orion full stick pack that I could still return too?
Old 01-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

+1 on the cost of getting the MM going. The also seems to require several upgrades costing around $150 to get it going and competitive. Plus, it gets pretty heavy for 17.5. I am hoping the B5 MM is ready to go out of the box with no mods and maybe just a couple lead weights. If I have to buy $100 in brass to make it work, then meh. I will pass

I would return the pack. As for the car, well it wont be worth much even new. Are you willing to take the loss on a car you never even got to run? With the B5 announced, it would be hard to get $170 for your new car.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Afun
. Also, it takes lots of money and mods to make the Centro competitive.
Says the guy who admitted he only ran three packs and probably did no setup work to the car.

I am in the same boat. Got a brand new hopped up B4.2 that has not seen the track. Do I sell new or keep and race? Brand new Team Orion full stick pack that I could still return too?
At this point, you might as well keep it.

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
+1 on the cost of getting the MM going. The also seems to require several upgrades costing around $150 to get it going and competitive. Plus, it gets pretty heavy for 17.5. I am hoping the B5 MM is ready to go out of the box with no mods and maybe just a couple lead weights. If I have to buy $100 in brass to make it work, then meh. I will pass
If you're able to run more than one car at any given time, you can afford to get both, try them, and pick whichever you like more.

Last edited by JiuHaWong; 01-02-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah, I plan to have more than one 2wd Rm car and run them both and compare. When it comes to the MM car, I will probably just compare it to the 2wd Rm I like the most. Converting my 22 to a MM seems painful and expensive.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

looks like tight room for esc and rx
Old 01-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I read this post a couple of times and I must disagree. Overall, the RM car is going to be better all around. Great on loose tracks and good on high bite tracks. The MM will just be good on high bite with lots of tight turns. Also, it takes lots of money and mods to make the Centro competitive. Don't know about the other MM cars or new B5 MM.
You may disagree with it but thus far, the ONLY reason this ideology has been adopted as the gospel is because Pro drivers said it and the masses take it to heart. I'm willing to be that in the coming years when companies produce purposely engineered MM vehicles you will see they will perform better than not only the Rig kits, but the RM cars as well. The KF and the XB-2 (though a rig kit) are true MM cars.

I want to see a MM and RM car of the same brand fine tuned specifically for a track that is said to be better suited for RM and let them have at it. I'd bet the MM car would win because of it's better balance.

In most forms of car racing (Outside of NASCRAP and a few others) cars are configured to be Mid-Engined cars because regardless of the type of track, that configuration offers the greater stability and balance for virtually any track. And while this is on a vastly smaller scale, similar principals apply.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not sure if you guys are saying it a different way. So let me clarify myself.
I want to use my b4.2 for tracks that require a RM. And then get the b5m for high grip tracks. That way I only buy one kit instead of 2. Nothing to do with the Centro
I would like to make the MM b5 work everywhere and keep the 4.2 as roller just incase its needed rather than buying a rear motor b5.
Jake
Old 01-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Not sure if you guys are saying it a different way. So let me clarify myself.
I want to use my b4.2 for tracks that require a RM. And then get the b5m for high grip tracks. That way I only buy one kit instead of 2. Nothing to do with the Centro
I would like to make the MM b5 work everywhere and keep the 4.2 as roller just incase its needed rather than buying a rear motor b5.
Jake
I don't see anything wrong with what you're proposing.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=JiuHaWong;12866675]Says the guy who admitted he only ran three packs and probably did no setup work to the car.

Yuup. The Centro was that far away from being competitive on my track. You are telling me the Centro doesn't take an enormous amount of effort and $$ to make it work? Go though the Centro thread....milling, chopping, shaving, drilling, changing this, changing that, different arms...Whooo Boy....

At this point, you might as well keep it.

I probably will...

Last edited by Afun; 01-02-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

You may disagree with it but thus far, the ONLY reason this ideology has been adopted as the gospel is because Pro drivers said it and the masses take it to heart. I'm willing to be that in the coming years when companies produce purposely engineered MM vehicles you will see they will perform better than not only the Rig kits, but the RM cars as well. The KF and the XB-2 (though a rig kit) are true MM cars.

I want to see a MM and RM car of the same brand fine tuned specifically for a track that is said to be better suited for RM and let them have at it. I'd bet the MM car would win because of it's better balance.

In most forms of car racing (Outside of NASCRAP and a few others) cars are configured to be Mid-Engined cars because regardless of the type of track, that configuration offers the greater stability and balance for virtually any track. And while this is on a vastly smaller scale, similar principals apply.
You probably don't agree with having the classes separated...one RM and one MM
Old 01-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Prophet

dup
Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Prophet

I am not sure I like the 4wd cars wit the front driver terrain removed. basically the 2 cars you listed. Infact, the xb4 2wd looks exactly like the 4wd with the front terrain removed. Why am I against it? Well its ugly, lol and wastes chassis space. The guys on astro seem to like that configuration. I assume you get wight over the rear wheels by moving the battery further back? Anyway, it seems overly complex to me. Might be good, but still ugly.

Check out this Rm race car
http://www.sdjetski.com/images/Sandr...seaterblue.jpg
Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

It does not look tight at all. Plenty of room for your speedo and receiver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.