R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #5746
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
anyone running on med/high bite with largish jumps? My MM car is just dragging across the ground too much. I can actually see is slow down when it lands from the friction of the chassis on the clay. I am already running 1.6 pistons in the back, but I am running 1.4s in the front with 37.5 oil. grey springs front and white rear.

Also, I picked up an orion r10 pro for my MM mod buggy. And it just seems to run kinda warm to me. I have the radio at 90% throttle and the timing set to 10 deg on my reedy 8.5. I had it at 20 deg, but the esc was getting to 156 deg. It dropped to 140 when I lower the motor timing. I am running 25/75 gearing and a short packs, so around 1620 grams. My viper ran cooler. I am just surprised at the temps. Also my cap is mount to the the heat sink, so maybe less air flow. But i have no where else to put it until i get smaller receiver.
Geared too high. Try 78/22 or 23
Run the caps in the foam temporarily. If you are talking about srs, everything is running super hot because of the massive amount of traction. For your chassis make sure to grease it up with wd-40 prior to running.
wayboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #5747
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

what do i gear a 13.5 hacker for hrh sized outdoor track.
rcgarrettp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #5748
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayboarder View Post
Geared too high. Try 78/22 or 23
Run the caps in the foam temporarily. If you are talking about srs, everything is running super hot because of the massive amount of traction. For your chassis make sure to grease it up with wd-40 prior to running.
yeah...running 3 of the 9 classes, makes it hard to just clean tires, lol. Need to get a better routine for chassis cleaning and greasing. Matt trimmings told me the same thing about wd40 on the chassis. I was hoping to try the AE chassis tape and see if its better. Well the esc was running the same or higher temps than the motor. And yes, I was at SRS. my stock buggy is actually coming off at 122 on the motor and 98 on the esc. Reedy motor and orion esc in both cars. Oh, I have the mod firmware on the orion also. I was not even using brakes....
Old 07-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #5749
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101

Quote:
anyone running on med/high bite with largish jumps? My MM car is just dragging across the ground too much. I can actually see is slow down when it lands from the friction of the chassis on the clay. I am already running 1.6 pistons in the back, but I am running 1.4s in the front with 37.5 oil. grey springs front and white rear.

Also, I picked up an orion r10 pro for my MM mod buggy. And it just seems to run kinda warm to me. I have the radio at 90% throttle and the timing set to 10 deg on my reedy 8.5. I had it at 20 deg, but the esc was getting to 156 deg. It dropped to 140 when I lower the motor timing. I am running 25/75 gearing and a short packs, so around 1620 grams. My viper ran cooler. I am just surprised at the temps. Also my cap is mount to the the heat sink, so maybe less air flow. But i have no where else to put it until i get smaller receiver.
I have an R10 pro in my buggy, and a large spektrum receiver I had to dremel a notch in to make it fit! (probably the largest receiver out there ) I actually mounted the capacitors on top of the receiver. This allows me to keep the battery compartment free to run a saddle/brick or a shorty depending on conditions. It also allows me to run a fan. Now I haven't actually run the buggy yet because of being away from the track for the summer, so I have no idea on how it affects temps. I can post pics of the setup tomorrow.
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #5750
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
yeah...running 3 of the 9 classes, makes it hard to just clean tires, lol. Need to get a better routine for chassis cleaning and greasing. Matt trimmings told me the same thing about wd40 on the chassis. I was hoping to try the AE chassis tape and see if its better. Well the esc was running the same or higher temps than the motor. And yes, I was at SRS. my stock buggy is actually coming off at 122 on the motor and 98 on the esc. Reedy motor and orion esc in both cars. Oh, I have the mod firmware on the orion also. I was not even using brakes....
What does the wd40 on the chassis do?
3srcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #5751
Tech Prophet

its supposed to help keep the clay from sticking and building up on the chassis. once it builds up on the chassis, the tacky clay on the chassis sticks to the tacky clay on the track. The track is pretty tacky most of the time. I could hear my shoes sticking to the surface when I was turn marshaling. Since the MM car likes to slap more, it seems to build up more clay and then starts to literally stick the landings.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:31 AM   #5752
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
well the "hard" parts wont take any abuse. I have broken a front tower and a front bulkhead. That is it.
Ha I've broken the front end completely off my car 3 times.

No more hard parts for me.
DWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #5753
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to aja342

I feel dumb asking this, are the shock bodies and shafts the same length with the springs being different? I have been away from the hobby for years and this my first buggy build.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #5754
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja342 View Post
I feel dumb asking this, are the shock bodies and shafts the same length with the springs being different? I have been away from the hobby for years and this my first buggy build.
Front shock bodies and shafts (and springs) are shorter than the rears. You should visually be able to tell the difference.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #5755
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Front shock bodies and shafts (and springs) are shorter than the rears. You should visually be able to tell the difference.
I was afraid of that.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #5756
Tech Prophet

Quote:
same length as what? the original B4? I think the rear might, but not the fronts. And the shock bodies are completely different. If your referring to the b4.2, the "size" is the same, but they are not the same. The area where the orings go was changed.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #5757
Tech Prophet

Quote:
I was afraid of that.
did you get some bad parts? If you email AE, they will get you fixed up.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #5758
Super Moderator

Quote:
I was afraid of that.
If you got 3 or 4 of the same length bodies or shafts get ahold of AE and they should get you the correct ones fairly quickly. Somebody in QA wanted to get home early on a friday and missed it I suppose.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Old 07-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #5759
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the help. My kit has 2 sets of rear shocks.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #5760
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the help. My kit has 2 sets of front shocks.
Just find the guy that got 2 sets of rears and trade, lol. That sucks but AE will get you hooked up quick.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain