R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 01-22-2014, 12:43 AM   #556
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTotalghost View Post
Anybody else waiting for factory team or just going to do work on the team kit
No way I'll wait. I'm going to put some turnbuckles on it and drive it like i stole it. When an ft kit comes out, I'll likely have the parts thanks to normal wear and tear. (Then again, I bought a c4.2 despite knowing that this was coming and couldn't be happier.)
C.Borgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:48 AM   #557
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This was posted over in the B5 thread...

Detailed pics of both cars from Neobuggy and an audio interview. Finally get to see the bottom of the chassis.

http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/01/22/e...lead-designer/
Old 01-22-2014, 05:49 AM   #558
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I thought I was bad, Dam! i'm all for the bling but it's just a few parts other than that same buggie and performance, I was even gonna wait and see if I should get the FT kit instead but realized makes no sense to wait I'll just pick up the ft parts as they become available. I ordered a Rm and a MM kit from tower 75 off 500 so basically will be paying 425 for both kits that's crazy cheap something not possible with all the bling included.
RB5SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #559
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB5SP View Post
I thought I was bad, Dam! i'm all for the bling but it's just a few parts other than that same buggie and performance, I was even gonna wait and see if I should get the FT kit instead but realized makes no sense to wait I'll just pick up the ft parts as they become available. I ordered a Rm and a MM kit from tower 75 off 500 so basically will be paying 425 for both kits that's crazy cheap something not possible with all the bling included.
One thing that AE doesn't lose at is price point. If I lived in the states, I would have done the same as you.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #560
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTotalghost View Post
Anybody else waiting for factory team or just going to do work on the team kit
Who says it needs work? Why is it important to add all the shiny bits that give perceived performance? Just run it out of the box. Quit worrying about a FT version.

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #561
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

lol, hey is really stuck on the FT issue. Kinda funny.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #562
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm tempted to go through the whole thread to count how many times people ask about waiting for an FT kit.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:52 AM   #563
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
lol, hey is really stuck on the FT issue. Kinda funny.
Rainman of the RC world...

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #564
Tech Prophet

I will probably get lunsfords, the front pin brace and rear hexes. Thats what $50? So after the tower discounts, I will have like 270 in the car. If I decide to put on the rear suspension holders, that will put me slightly over $300. Still less than a 22 buggy and miles below a rb6 and slightly more than a serpent (also come with very little option parts). So I am not really seeing an issue. The xrings, I will just put in on my first shock rebuild. Most people that ran the b4.x have some machined pistons for tuning, so that wont be required for many people. The gold shafts? I will replace those "IF" the silver shafts are an issue. I am not really a fan of the color gold anyway. Since I race stock, most of the alum bling will only make me heavier, so I may skip on those, unless there is a durability issue. Dont get me wrong, if they released the FT kit at the same time, I would probably just get it. But at the current price point, I just dont see an issue. I mean it is the cheapest 2wd buggy that is actually raced at events. And it has threaded bigbores, 3 disk slipper, carbide diff balls, and captured CVA's. And if you have ever had a cva/cvd come apart, you know that is very nice.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:38 AM   #565
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by langsky View Post
This was posted over in the B5 thread...

Detailed pics of both cars from Neobuggy and an audio interview. Finally get to see the bottom of the chassis.

http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/01/22/e...lead-designer/
Hmmm the on-body pic of the B5M isn't working for me I just want to see those dang rear posts for the body in actionů I love where they are positioned but I have yet to see them being used

B5M has been preordered, now I just need to figure out what crap I am going to put in it.. And which chassis protector I'll be using because there is no way in hell I'm scratching the bottom of that aluminum The bottom of that rig looks suuuuper clean!
C4PT4IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #566
Tech Adept

in one of the interviews a designer said the ft version wont have anything that changes performance at all and just a few parts that are only different because tey are alu. and blue
knapsty637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #567
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
I'm tempted to go through the whole thread to count how many times people ask about waiting for an FT kit.
Let's outline what "FT" means or did mean.
  • Graphite plastics - hasn't been the case since before the B4.1
  • Threaded shocks - comes with this
  • ti turnbuckles
  • coated shock shafts

In recent years "FT" has added alloy rear hubs and hexes, both of which are unnecessary (If you're not going to adjust rear width the pin drive is adequate).

Also interesting to note, when was the last time AE offered a "Team" level B4 kit? If I'm not mistaken, that went away with the release of the B4.1, if not before.

Factory Team = strong Kool Aid.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #568
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where is the switch for the ESC? I noticed that the outer steering ballcup is oriented different. Should'nt the angle be away from the axle? That way the cup can reach around the edge of the wheel on Max turn angle instead of possibly rubbing against it.
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #569
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
Where is the switch for the ESC? I noticed that the outer steering ballcup is oriented different. Should'nt the angle be away from the axle? That way the cup can reach around the edge of the wheel on Max turn angle instead of possibly rubbing against it.
switch is on the esc, like the hw v3.1.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #570
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4PT4IN View Post
Yeah, I was wondering what their lap times were on the track there so I could compare Even though there wouldn't be much of a comparison..
The fast mod guys at our track (two of them are running reedy and are Team C drivers) run low 16 and high 15's on that layout currently. That vid was shot a few weeks ago from my understanding.
Yokomo BD7
Carranza76 is offline   Reply With Quote