Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

To make life easier, simply buy a bag of machine screws with a phillips head just shorter than the depth of the cups and using a drill, drive them in and out to pre-thread for the turnbuckles. Additionally if your man hands still can't handle things, a dab of chapstick might make it easier to thread the turnbuckles in.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Actually, I've used vaseline (which I'm certain is petroleum based) for the last couple of years because that's all thats around with the kids. Butter smooth ball cup adjustment and haven't noticed any swelling of plastic lol. Works just like chapstick. Different means to the same end, gets the job done.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Not Really Sure Where To Go Next????

Been running this car for about a month now. First week out box stock, kit setup with a 13.5. Loved the car, tons of steering, great corner speed, landed like a cat. Tended to snap out the rear on corner exit, like it wanted to over rotate right at the end, but very drivable. Best lap time I have had in years.

Next time out, exact same setup and tires, but with my new 17.5 (Because our track is changing stock from 13.5 to 17.5) and the car was a monster. So twitchy it was useless. Over rotated in every corner. Would spin out in the straight when trying to correct my line for corner entry. Even the guys at our track who can drive anything said YUCK.

Been out a couple times since and have made a ton of setup changes. Have the car a LOT better but not right. ie.. the car is pretty good in now, and the twitch is gone but it pushes out so bad you almost have to stop to finish a corner. NO corner speed at all.

Anyway, I am going back to box stock and start over, but if anyone has any setup ideas for a 17.5 stock setup for a slick to med grip track it could be great. Thanks guys.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Legend

Wow !
Surprised many here have not gone though all the difficulties trying to adjust camber just after few days using the black grease.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Personally feel the new ball cups are the best ever, strong , tight & smooth...

A little need wax makes threading all the easier.

Build Tip

Don't use petroleum based products to lube the threads.

If you use grease the ball cup will thread on easier, but after a day or so the grease swells the plastic and the ball cup grips even tighter making adustments
almost impossible.

use wax or soap instead
The black grease is lithium based, not petroleum based. I also doubt your assertion that the plastic would "swell" from using a petroleum based grease. What is your source for this info? And if your answer is "team mates", what is THEIR source?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Blacksmith
Been running this car for about a month now. First week out box stock, kit setup with a 13.5. Loved the car, tons of steering, great corner speed, landed like a cat. Tended to snap out the rear on corner exit, like it wanted to over rotate right at the end, but very drivable. Best lap time I have had in years.

Next time out, exact same setup and tires, but with my new 17.5 (Because our track is changing stock from 13.5 to 17.5) and the car was a monster. So twitchy it was useless. Over rotated in every corner. Would spin out in the straight when trying to correct my line for corner entry. Even the guys at our track who can drive anything said YUCK.

Been out a couple times since and have made a ton of setup changes. Have the car a LOT better but not right. ie.. the car is pretty good in now, and the twitch is gone but it pushes out so bad you almost have to stop to finish a corner. NO corner speed at all.

Anyway, I am going back to box stock and start over, but if anyone has any setup ideas for a 17.5 stock setup for a slick to med grip track it could be great. Thanks guys.
This sounds to me like you're trying to overdrive the car to keep up those 13.5 times. In any case, take 10 minutes to unlink the shocks, unmount the wheels and validate the arms move up and down freely under their own weight. make sure the shocks aren't inconsistently filled. and probably the biggest concern is how has the track changed since you got the car? drier? wetter? how long since its been down? oh and track temps.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

one more thing related to weight change.. drag brake? perhaps this motor has more braking power?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Might as well buy something like this and pre-thread the ball cups. I still stand by my crescent wrench + cordless drill + low speed + chapstick method.

So what turnbuckles fit again? /s
Old 03-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

black grease 4 hands 2 pairs of pliers and turnbuckle wrench.
medichoice lip balm. 1 hand and a turnbuckle wrench
Old 03-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I see kody set up is a lot diff on the springs. thay are stiff the b5m must be as fast as a 4w
Old 03-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

One thing you need to be aware of if you plan on doing the screw to the ballcup to pre thread them is that you risk weakening it. Only one side of the turnbuckle is threaded "normal", the other is left hand thread. You would basically be threading a right hand screw in and then shoving a left hand in there. When building my B5m over the weekend I drilled the ballcups out with a 7/64 bit and then added a little bit of chapstick to the threads and have zero issues with adjusting them. Only added about 2minutes to the build.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ridgerunner1
should be a fun day Saturday should be a few B5s running this thing is just fun to drive i left my B4 at the track for sale Wednesday... not going to need it no more....
Thanks mike for let me drive your buggy. Nice ride i have my body off for paint and x rings and 3.14 to get still get
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

http://www.mcmaster.com/#left-hand-t...screws/=qzqq95

Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Where are the 3mm ones?? Seriously, if you need to purchase 100 left hand screws just to be able to pre thread your ballcups there are some other issues there.

edit: The price per screw is ridiculous....
Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Got mine built and got some practice laps in with it last night. Fun car.
I was missing 4 screws , a friend was missing the rear 3 hole hub nuts. AE is cranking these things out and the QC is very lacking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.