R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree16Likes

Old 06-09-2014, 01:01 AM   #5116
Tech Rookie

I have problems to mount the #91493 low friction x-rings in the shock absorbers of the b5...

With the standard seals no have a problem, but with low friction x-rings the shock have a leak and is impossibile adjust the rebound....

You have a similar problem??

Help me please I'm going crazy ....

thank you....
darbula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:20 AM   #5117
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbula View Post
I have problems to mount the #91493 low friction x-rings in the shock absorbers of the b5...

With the standard seals no have a problem, but with low friction x-rings the shock have a leak and is impossibile adjust the rebound....

You have a similar problem??

Help me please I'm going crazy ....

thank you....
Look at the diagram again and make sure all rings and black spacers are in correct order and use some green slime on the x-rings if you have it.
Support your LHS.
Sponsored by my wife who gives me no grief
Rybeau40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:58 AM   #5118
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybeau40 View Post
Look at the diagram again and make sure all rings and black spacers are in correct order and use some green slime on the x-rings if you have it.

Hi, the order of the plastic black spacers & the seal\rings are the same to the standard diagram with the red standard seal\rings....

The low friction rings are too small (external diameter) & and too big (internal diameter) for sealing the shock cartdridge...

When i make the shock for 0 rebound (in compression moment) the seal\ring cartdridge aspirate a lot of air, and in expansion moment the seal\rings not sealing the internal Oil....

HELP ME!!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #5119
Tech Legend

Darbula, X ring fits , not too small...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 06-09-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #5120
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi, the order of the plastic black spacers & the seal\rings are the same to the standard diagram with the red standard seal\rings....

The low friction rings are too small (external diameter) & and too big (internal diameter) for sealing the shock cartdridge...

When i make the shock for 0 rebound (in compression moment) the seal\ring cartdridge aspirate a lot of air, and in expansion moment the seal\rings not sealing the internal Oil....

HELP ME!!
I upgraded my front last week to the x-rings. I dont have any leaking that is note worthy. I just used green slime on the rings and assembled the shocks. Nothing really special about it. Did you use the AE rings?
Old 06-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #5121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:

HELP ME!!
Sounds like someone didn't put their shocks together correctly, or very well. The X-rings are very good. Take your time building, make sure everything is facing the correct way, and coat in oil / green slime during assembly. My shocks don't weep at all with X-rings.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #5122
Tech Rookie

I use original associated x-rings and assembly with green slime...

In italy find this problem in a lot of b5 & b5m shock kit.....

With the original red seals not find the problem....
Old 06-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #5123
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
I use original associated x-rings and assembly with green slime...

In italy find this problem in a lot of b5 & b5m shock kit.....

With the original red seals not find the problem....
something is wrong. Either assembled wrong or the orings were cut but the treads on the shafts. But its no normal.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #5124
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Little help, I want to try out the 3mm trailing I read that that will help with more mid to exit steering, is that correct? Anyhow can I just change inserts or will switching from the 4mm to 3mm trailing insterts require me to shim anywhere else. Sorry if this is a dumb question Im just trying to figure this out. Thanks
scythe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #5125
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe23 View Post
Little help, I want to try out the 3mm trailing I read that that will help with more mid to exit steering, is that correct? Anyhow can I just change inserts or will switching from the 4mm to 3mm trailing insterts require me to shim anywhere else. Sorry if this is a dumb question Im just trying to figure this out. Thanks
I found that 3mm trailing gives all around more steering. As per the manual, the required changes for the 3mm trailing are the inserts, centered front hubs, and 1mm Ackerman spacing.
Deluxe312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #5126
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Awsome thanks I figured I would bust out manual but I was at work also I was curious about others thoughts with the 3mm te
scythe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #5127
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
My shocks don't weep at all with X-rings.
Agreed. I put the X-Rings in my shocks in March and they haven't leaked a bit.
roundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #5128
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Oops I have been running 3 trailing with hubs forward and 2mm ackerman what will changing to what you mentioned do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe312 View Post
I found that 3mm trailing gives all around more steering. As per the manual, the required changes for the 3mm trailing are the inserts, centered front hubs, and 1mm Ackerman spacing.
Jason Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #5129
Tech Rookie

Default B5m Droop Screws?

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site but not rc.

Anyway, I picked up a new B5m last week and spent some time reading through this entire thread. A LOT of great info here!

Long story short, one of the tracks I run on is a small carpet track with only small jumps. So I was looking for a way to test different amounts of droop as we only get about a foot of air. So this is what I came up with. Hopefully others will find it useful!

If you are using the inside ballstud position for the inner camber link, you can install a screw (or grub screw) in the outer hole from the bottom. With the ballcup resting on the tip of the screw you now have the ability to adjust droop!

At the very least you can use this for testing droop settings before committing to tearing down your shocks to add limiters.

I took a couple pictures so you can see what I mean. Hopefully it'll let me attach them, being a new member...
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-dsc_2642.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-dsc_2643.jpg  
RandomRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #5130
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Soak the X rings in oil for a couple of days. This should help them swell up. Its what I was told to do and it worked great.