R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree16Likes

Old 05-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #4171
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
Wow, where do all my electronics and wires fit? Dropped right in the RM but with the MM, not so much. It's a bowl of spaghetti.

And, installed hard front camber, steering, RM tower, reg flat arms, and hard rear hubs and tower. Can't wait to drive it!
NO spaghetti !!!!

did not bury the sensor wire
Felt its something you need to change easy because the wire can fail at worst time.

Facing car

Esc middle, reciever on left, cap on the right of Esc

Put servo wire in front of receiver & ant on left side of receiver.
Switch on right back corner of servo

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-08-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #4172
Tech Apprentice

Hi all just ordered a m for carpet use also ordered a gear diff anything else i need to order right away and suggestions for different setup from book settings for carpet? i'm fairly new to rc racing so not looking for the sharpest setup. Thanks for any replys
Solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #4173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
NO spaghetti !!!!

did not bury the sensor wire
Felt its something you need to change easy because the wire can fail at worst time.

Facing car

Esc middle, reciever on left, cap on the right of Esc

Put servo wire in front of receiver & ant on left side of receiver.
Switch on right back corner of servo
Agree. Found this picture with the same equipment as I'm using:
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #4174
Tech Adept

Had posted this in the rear thread. Wrong thread. This was in my mid motor car

Just put in my mip puck system last night. Was kinda bummed but my lap times were down compared to my gear dif. Going to give it some more time before I put my gear dif back in. I'm running 17.5 class
splking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #4175
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by splking1 View Post
Had posted this in the rear thread. Wrong thread. This was in my mid motor car

Just put in my mip puck system last night. Was kinda bummed but my lap times were down compared to my gear dif. Going to give it some more time before I put my gear dif back in. I'm running 17.5 class

I thought your car looked pretty good. There was another b5m at the track that looked terrible. no rear bite at all. Going from the gear and steel bones, to the pucks is going to take some weight out of the rear of the car. So you might want to take that into consideration. Also, how tight are you running the ball diff?

I might be picking up a MM b5 soon to play with. Did the pucks help much with motor temps? that would be the main reason I pick some up.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #4176
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I thought your car looked pretty good. There was another b5m at the track that looked terrible. no rear bite at all. Going from the gear and steel bones, to the pucks is going to take some weight out of the rear of the car. So you might want to take that into consideration. Also, how tight are you running the ball diff?

I might be picking up a MM b5 soon to play with. Did the pucks help much with motor temps? that would be the main reason I pick some up.
Thanks man. Yeah it was lose. I'm going to tighten it up some today and practice. Just want to get my lap times back down.

As for temp. It ran about 10 degree cooler than the gear dif.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #4177
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Thanks man. Yeah it was lose. I'm going to tighten it up some today and practice. Just want to get my lap times back down.

As for temp. It ran about 10 degree cooler than the gear dif.
I wish I could practice. Wednesday night racing is all I get. I might suck less if I had more than 3 packs of practice a week. My daughter will be joining yours in novice in a few weeks. Maybe they will have enough for a kids class. GL tuning that ball diff. I know the mod guys are pulling wheelies and traction rolling with the ball diff, so it can be done. They do run more weight though. Do you run the brass suspension holders?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #4178
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I wish I could practice. Wednesday night racing is all I get. I might suck less if I had more than 3 packs of practice a week. My daughter will be joining yours in novice in a few weeks. Maybe they will have enough for a kids class. GL tuning that ball diff. I know the mod guys are pulling wheelies and traction rolling with the ball diff, so it can be done. They do run more weight though. Do you run the brass suspension holders?
Yeah I might only get an hour into of practice. I want to get this figured out. Very frustrating last night.

Yeah they need more kids. I feel bad when my daughter has to run in the novice class. She is getting better but will be good to see more kids.

I'm running the aluminum braces not brass. Once I think the dif is set I'll try moving the battery back some. I'm running it all the way forward
Old 05-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #4179
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Once I think the dif is set I'll try moving the battery back some. I'm running it all the way forward
i always run the battery in the back most position. Gives me the traction i need. There are 25-40 B5Ms at my local track and every single one i've seen runs the battery as far back as possible.
Tekno
uclabruins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #4180
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins89 View Post
i always run the battery in the back most position. Gives me the traction i need. There are 25-40 B5Ms at my local track and every single one i've seen runs the battery as far back as possible.
Yeah I tried that didn't work so well. I'm running the shorty packs that are 155 grams plus my car is lighten up big time in front. I had to add eight grams to the nose already
Old 05-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #4181
Tech Adept

Quote:
Have u concidered the brass arm mounts then? Will add more weight and down low where u want it
Justinb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #4182
Tech Initiate

Quote:
If you do that I would love to know what else you changed to get rid of the insane on power push.
leskai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #4183
Tech Initiate

Default First time out

Enjoyed the new car my first time out money well spent! Ended up moving the battery forward to get some more on power steering. Seemed to help quite a bit without sacrificing rear end traction. If you are having issue with grip with the rear end try different tire/compound go slightly softer. I've been using gold dirt webs all around and the thing is glued to our track at A Main. My lap times weren't super amazing due to brand new layout but I can tell you it is way easier to drive than my 22 2.0. The B5m just seems so tame right out of box with very minor changes.
leskai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #4184
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Yeah I tried that didn't work so well. I'm running the shorty packs that are 155 grams plus my car is lighten up big time in front. I had to add eight grams to the nose already
hah, only 8 grams. I have 14 grams under the rack of my RM car just to keep from doing wheelies. Yeah, I remember that you had issues pushing after you went super light. You are/were under 1500 gram if I remember correctly. Have you tried a heaver battery? one of the 200 gram ones? I cant drive a super light car myself. I think my RM is like 1535 grams. I would assume your loss of traction is the weight you lost in the rear. Maybe even the increase acceleration due to less rotating mass. if you dont want to add weight in the rear, then moving the pack back is probably best or get the brass holders
Old 05-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #4185
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
i had amazing grip with b5r front arms, b5r front tower, and b5r rear arms reversed left/right tonight. now i just need to keep my pistons from blowing out the eclips.

is anyone shimming the 'space' out of the stock pistons? i tried this -- but i think i over did it as 3 of 4 blew the eclip right off tonight ..
more grip then the gullwing, what kind of grip on your track?