R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 05-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #4096
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilster44 View Post
Your car looks real nice! Question: Why doesn't Lunsford make turn buckle kits that will allow the threads to bury all the way? Even the kit "steelies" will bury the threads, because they are 2" long.
Others mention they get a ball cup or two that sticks or binds .

Won't happen with the Lunsford...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #4097
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Others mention they get a ball cup or two that sticks or binds .

Won't happen with the Lunsford...
The threads on the stock rods or 2" titanium rods don't go in so deep that they are stressing the actual cup though...that sticking/binding with the cup hole itself is due to either flashing or the cup being just a tick out of round is all. Compressing the cup hole just a bit on the side gently with pliers will free that binding right up.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #4098
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
The threads on the stock rods or 2" titanium rods don't go in so deep that they are stressing the actual cup though...that sticking/binding with the cup hole itself is due to either flashing or the cup being just a tick out of round is all. Compressing the cup hole just a bit on the side gently with pliers will free that binding right up.
Not sure that's true. I originally installed the steel ones on my RM and the cups had some weird tight fits on a couple. All of them are completely free with new cups and the shorter Lunsford rods. Maybe luck? Dunno.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #4099
Tech Adept

Quote:
The Typos you have on are why your car is illegally lite too. If you had golds on, you would be in the 1520's to 30's.
Right.... Evo rims/tires may be illegal now but with ALL major tire manufacturers following this style of mounting system it will be made legal soon.
SilentHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #4100
Tech Legend

Quote:
Nothing wrong with ball cups, the longer rod is pushing into the cup distorting it and causing it to bind.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #4101
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ran my mid motor this weekend in stock and was awesome but I was struggling with front bite. Any suggestions to get more front end bite Seemed to push through the corners. Other than that it was awesome to drive made me look good. Great buggy to build also

Thanks Chris.
bigcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #4102
Tech Addict

Quote:
Nothing wrong with ball cups, the longer rod is pushing into the cup distorting it and causing it to bind.
Are you REALLY that ignorant? So YOU are saying that the rods that come WITH the kits are too long, and they are distorting the the ball hole end? Do you REALLY think AE would give EVERYONE tie rods that are too long?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #4103
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Are you REALLY that ignorant? So YOU are saying that the rods that come WITH the kits are too long, and they are distorting the the ball hole end? Do you REALLY think AE would give EVERYONE tie rods that are too long?
Do YOU REALLY think AE would design a front axle and bearing that didn't work in EVERY KIT??? oh wait they did and now have included proper shims to make it work......
TC7 , LRP, SCHUURSPEED 17.5
10R5.1, H/W, SCHUURSPEED 17.5
predu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #4104
Tech Elite

Question - I know springs are more of an art than science on RC cars (kidding...) but I"m looking at two identical setups - I assume the one on the AE site has the AE springs on there because they don't want to sell the competitors springs for them. Anyway, one has Kyosho gold front and red rear while the one on the AE site has grey grey. Of course, my shop doesn't have greys so I was looking at losi springs which I have a bazillion of. So, petit has this chart and to make things worse, the kyosho red has a way high spring rating than the AE gray, except for the "measured" rate is almost identical. Anyway, I haven't ever really cared about brand to brand comparisons till now so if anyone can help. Here's the chart:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf
Old 05-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #4105
Tech Legend

Quote:

Not ignorant & never rude to anyone that comes here for fun & information.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #4106
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
Question - I know springs are more of an art than science on RC cars (kidding...) but I"m looking at two identical setups - I assume the one on the AE site has the AE springs on there because they don't want to sell the competitors springs for them. Anyway, one has Kyosho gold front and red rear while the one on the AE site has grey grey. Of course, my shop doesn't have greys so I was looking at losi springs which I have a bazillion of. So, petit has this chart and to make things worse, the kyosho red has a way high spring rating than the AE gray, except for the "measured" rate is almost identical. Anyway, I haven't ever really cared about brand to brand comparisons till now so if anyone can help. Here's the chart:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf
The TLR LFR spring or the original ones? The original ones are very progressive. you can feel it in your hands. The AE and LFR springs are more linear. If you are going to "do your own thing" with springs, pick one that is close in rating and go up/down as needed for the feel you want. IMO the original TLR springs are junk.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #4107
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
To cut the weight down; Titanium screw kit, AE aluminum top shaft, Schelle slipper eliminator. remove battery strap, thumb screws & foam, cut out all braces behind servo, between battery post, and triangle sections next to tranny mount. AKA Typo tires. Oh yea and the dog bones were polished chrome to make it go faster.
How does the battery stay in place
xTotalghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #4108
Tech Addict

Quote:
Not ignorant & never rude to anyone that comes here for fun & information.
But Cherry you are stating something that is just not true...and that in itself will mislead people. I'm done with this.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #4109
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by predu View Post
Do YOU REALLY think AE would design a front axle and bearing that didn't work in EVERY KIT??? oh wait they did and now have included proper shims to make it work......
That was just quality control for the width of the crush tubes...the length of the kit tie rods do not vary...you either get them with, or with out threads LOL!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #4110
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
The TLR LFR spring or the original ones? The original ones are very progressive. you can feel it in your hands. The AE and LFR springs are more linear. If you are going to "do your own thing" with springs, pick one that is close in rating and go up/down as needed for the feel you want. IMO the original TLR springs are junk.
And the LFR TLR springs cover such a tiny range of adjustment, all grouped around the Pink although it looks like none of the lighter rear LFR springs might work out very well.