Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would call my wheels from the kit more of a Bisque color. Luckily it matchs my toilets!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Racer
You attack cherry and that is something that isn't supposed to be allowed. Questioning is one thing and attacking is another. I for one appreciate what he has to say and others do as well. Can you say for certain he hasn't driven the rear motor buggy? If he has then his comments come from a first person basis. He has said he has built the buggy so he has experience when it comes to that.
Blake
Old 02-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has someone tried to mount the Durango steering blocks so you can still run the "old" bearing style wheel ?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

I decided I want to run the B5 again tonight. So now I have to drive home, and pick up my gear. While it may now sound like a chore, I work less than a minute from the track, but live 30 minutes away. LOL.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Should pack it up "just in case." Lol
Old 02-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zeakemedia
Racer
You attack cherry and that is something that isn't supposed to be allowed. Questioning is one thing and attacking is another. I for one appreciate what he has to say and others do as well. Can you say for certain he hasn't driven the rear motor buggy? If he has then his comments come from a first person basis. He has said he has built the buggy so he has experience when it comes to that.
Blake
plus if you go look back, I think he said he would check with the fast people running them and post their setup. not that it was his work.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by lbckevin
I saw Cherry's pink buggy in the video...he got lapped twice..
As bad as you can make it sound ?

Was busy having a awesome race with one of "my" faster & youngest up& coming Ae team mates in the N/w.
HARLEY !!!
Was door to door most of the way for us two.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
Cherry and Racer; He's here to help:

Bhammer and Razathorn,

Are you guys having issues with the stock turnbuckles or are they another brand?
Stock. I offloaded all my AE stuff when I ran Kyosho this year, so now that I'm going back to AE stuff, I have like zero FT stuff laying around the slap on, lol.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
So is the feeling to go shorty on the mid motor over the square / saddle setup?
Based on my experience with the c4.2, each battery has its place and is worth owning/running. (Shorty felt quicker but I was considerably less consistent with it on tracks where we run clay compound tires. You, however, might make it work.) If I could only afford one, I'd go saddle/square, as that seems most consistent to me.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccnet101
I did break one in the past with my B2 back in the day, but assuming since they looked the same the quality hasn't changed. Hopefully they hold up.
Originally Posted by racer1812
AE Ti turnbuckles, I have the set off my b4.1 that got the crap beat out of it for 2 years now on my B5. I don't see taking them off anytime soon.
I suppose another important variable in the past couple of years is the removal of servo savers from steering systems. Those and a 2wd car's kick angle do a lot to protect front end parts. I've only ever broken rear turnbuckles that I can remember.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nordfink
Should pack it up "just in case." Lol
Normally I do, oh well.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
I suppose another important variable in the past couple of years is the removal of servo savers from steering systems. Those and a 2wd car's kick angle do a lot to protect front end parts. I've only ever broken rear turnbuckles that I can remember.
That's a very good observation about the kick angle.

I don't think I've *EVER* broken a turnbuckle on any car since I got back into RC in 2008. Serious. That's 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale. I just figured they made 'em outa some better metal than before, because in the 90s they were bend bend break all the time, even the TI ones.
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

based on my limited mid motor experience, I think saddles would be the way to go. But, this is a new car and maybe it will be great with a shorty outdoors. All the other mid motor cars run locally need more weight IMO

These shorties are priced well and a few locals have bee using them without issue.

http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...3#.UwZk338Vbng
Old 02-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by zeakemedia
Racer
Blake
Originally Posted by gticlay
plus if you go look back, I think he said he would check with the fast people running them and post their setup. not that it was his work.
I don't think I have posted anywhere been racing a b5 yet.

When ever I posted set-ups always made clear who's and where it came from.

Learning its better to keep trying to impress everyone with real creditable advise & knowledge then hunting for attention some other way .
Old 02-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone have a linkor know Cody Nuendahl's setup from the Rumble in the Rockies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.