Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kraig
Really...Do we really need to go there?

Sure he can drive but sometimes how he presents his thoughts/ideas rub people the wrong way. We just need to help George work on his communication skills.

I know of quite a few people who can setup cars but ask them to drive them...well they are not as fast on the clock and the same works the other way. We don't need to dig up videos of people racing just to prove a point.

Nice work George.
I agree. Cherry has a lot of good info on here. He just doesn't always communicate it in a friendly way. I think he might seam like he comes off as a "know it all" or cocky sometimes. That seams to just be his style. I can tell he isn't trying to do this tho. But I can see where people get a little annoyed by it too tho.

I think he gets more shit than he deserves on here tho. Some of you guys are pretty harsh towards him. He generally seams to be trying to help people out in a constructive way. He is always willing to help out with advice. Who cares if it's from his own experience or his co-racers. You guys wouldn't disregard advice from someone that raced with a group of pro drivers cuz the advice wasn't obtained from personal experience would u? I am still happy to get advice no matter who it originally came from. As long as it's good help.

So I feel overall he brings more help to this forum than a lot of the guys that pick on him. Some of the people ripping on him are pretty immature as well. What are we in high school all over again where kids think there scoring "cool points" for ripping on the little guy? Grow up guys. Quit searching for the littlest technicality to discredit someone! Unless u have better advice keep Ur opinions to Ur self and keep this forum from being polluted with B.S.

These forums are to help share advice, tips, tricks, reviews ect..... Let's keep it that way please.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can someone explain the rear wing shim? What settings do you have in what position? Am I supposed to make a hole in the wing and screw it into the shim?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
Can someone explain the rear wing shim? What settings do you have in what position? Am I supposed to make a hole in the wing and screw it into the shim?
I didnt use the screw on mine. Never saw a need to. I am looking forward to the updated wing mounts for thicker wings though.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

OK guys I'm going crazy when will the next batch be release from associated?
Old 04-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Very nice build Bill. Can you list the various things you put on the car to bring it to that weight?
Gladly! Nothing really stupid just smart parts selection.
AE B5m Al screw kit
Lunsford Ti front axles
Exotec battery strap and topshaft.
Removed the plastic behind the servo and between the battery screws
AE B4 Ti turnbuckles
All the wires are shortened and 14g motor/battery wire (you'd be surprised how much you can save there)
Shorty Servo
SchuurSpeed motor (I didn't realize it's worth about 10gs but Because Ron helps us out all the time)
Peak 4000mah short pack (NOT a 2s pan car pack)
Ti front tower and Top shock bolts, more for corrosion resistance than weight (the OC_RC misters will play hell on your steel screws unless you keep up on them.)

I think that's about it. By aware that various wheel/tire combos can be a killer. I'm running AKA Typos which are 20g lighter than Dirtwebs.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I believe that the flat part is always facing up and the nub is down the hole is for a set screw if the wing is crooked to hold it straight once fixed or wearing out and flopping around a little it will tighten it up.

And if you run the spacer with the nub in front you have 0 deg nub in back is 6 deg and don't ask me how you get 3 deg nub on top of the wing maybe?

Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
AE B5m Al screw kit
Lunsford Ti front axles
AE B4 Ti turnbuckles
All the wires are shortened and 14g motor/battery wire (you'd be surprised how much you can save there)
Shorty Servo
SchuurSpeed motor (I didn't realize it's worth about 10gs but Because Ron helps us out all the time)
Ti front tower and Top shock bolts, more for corrosion resistance than weight (the OC_RC misters will play hell on your steel screws unless you keep up on them.)

I think that's about it. By aware that various wheel/tire combos can be a killer. I'm running AKA Typos which are 20g lighter than Dirtwebs.
So did you notice any difference going to 14g wire? On the one hand i can see needing it for stock( less resistance) on the other hand i really don't think it would matter.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
AE B5m Al screw kit
Lunsford Ti front axles
AE B4 Ti turnbuckles
Shorty Servo

Cool, thanks. I'm a modified motor person but knowing the easy way to low weight doesn't hurt.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by steve mitchell
OK guys I'm going crazy when will the next batch be release from associated?
heard they got a shipment & just need to build the kuts & ship to us.

Sometime next week my guess..

Kriag

my communications skills are at least polite & friendly and on topic.

Won't ever find me making 8th grade level comments alleging someones personally defects need attention.
So that's another big

plus 1 fer me dude & thanks for the cookies BTW...Ha !
Old 04-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
I have the ryobi 4v screwdriver. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago along with a dynamite (p/n 2932) 2 mm hex and associated (p/n 1667) 7m nut driver. Using clutch setting 4 on plastic with no worries, and setting 5 on wheels with no problems. Slow speed of course.

All holes were hand screwed in originally.
I use the hitachi, I love the adjustable clutch and it can get into tight spots well. It's more expensive, but I got it on sale for the same price as the ryobi. They are both good drills, but the hitachi is the choice drill around here.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What do you guys think about the stock slipper on the b5m? I have an Avid triad slipper, just not sure if it is worth changing out. thanks!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Prophet

the stock slipper is trash imo. Heavy, fades and just ugly. I use the triad and have really liked it.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I didnt use the screw on mine. Never saw a need to. I am looking forward to the updated wing mounts for thicker wings though.
I have a fix for the thicker wings. I cut the nipples off, drilled a hole and use a screw with Xray XB4 wing shims. Added benefit of not worrying about a clip falling out!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Prophet

I have a fix for the thicker wings. I cut the nipples off, drilled a hole and use a screw with Xray XB4 wing shims. Added benefit of not worrying about a clip falling out!
Yeah, my 22 was modded that way. I might do the same to my b4 until the updated mounts come out.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sorry... I may have brought this up prior.

I'm not understanding the indifferent to negative claim from many folks about the stock VTS slipper. Weight aside... is it bad ? I've always thought the VTS was a nice upgrade in adjustment and holding up from AE's previous standard slipper. I was quite happy with the VTS upgrade going from a B44.1 to a B44.2 . The VTS also seems to feel just fine with no change in performance to me on my B5m.

What am I missing here ? I still haven't run a Triad/Nova slipper setup. Really that noticeable? I hate plunking down money if it's just going to feel the same to me in the end.

A couple months ago, I was got into a conversation with a couple highly skilled drivers (perhaps AE team drivers, perhaps not) here at home in OC that I trust. These 2 drivers did nothing but slipper testing for like 2 days straight. In the end, the standard AE slipper with the vented plates and high torque pads was the most consistent and preference of choice. In fact, they both still run that setup over all other options. Just something to think and add to the tuning options I suppose.

Last edited by rigor; 04-16-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.