Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by latentspeed
No one thought mid motor was good on dirt. I think it was Hara who proved it was competitive at the 2013 Reedy roc. He was driving rb6 mid motor. Saw a video of a b4 mm conversion going fast on a low to medium bite track. I bet if setup correctly mm cars are just as fast if not faster on low traction too. But that's just a guess. In a month when the b5m is out ill do some testing.
Go on YouTube and look up JBRL 2013 Rainmans. That's my home track and was a couple of months old at that race. Our guys hadn't quite got the watering schedule down, and for whatever reason that particular track set up would look dark but the racing line had like glazed over and was very slick. Kody N. and Jimmy B from associated were both running the Centro conversion and throwing down some serious lap times. I'm sure their skill helped but you can see how slick the track was. I believe Cody T was running his Kyosho rear motor at that race and Kody was putting a lap on him.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Just don't tell the guys who been racing since the first rc10. They can't deal with change very well. Kinda like how nitro guys used to laugh at electric racers because the old brushed motors and nimh batts couldn't keep up with them. Now they're hating electric because it's just as good if not better!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Legend

Silly trying to make out one design is better then the other.

They both have their own advantages with different traction conditions & layout designs.

Looking more & more like us racers will need two 2w buggys for today's sport .
Old 02-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just don't tell the guys who been racing since the first rc10. They can't deal with change very well. Kinda like how nitro guys used to laugh at electric racers because the old brushed motors and nimh batts couldn't keep up with them. Now they're hating electric because it's just as good if not better!
Change ? Boy you have no idea what kind of changes you will be going through. We midmotored gold tubs bitd and hey guess what I just got a new gas car. Dude you are so falling off the back. Ride the wave man, don't bum on other people.

Last edited by asc6000; 02-15-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added the word I, is that a word ?
Old 02-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Don't know of any "common" breakages, but I'm not the only one that's had the front axle screw come loose and lose a wheel. Seems like the clamping front axle for the hex is the way to go...
Old 02-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You're showing your age a little here... Hara showed mid-motor worked in 2013? What?!? The euros have been running mid for years. That never meant they they were running on high grip surfaces all the time, that's just what Americans assumed since they chose mids.

The viability of mid-motor was proven when 4wd went with it.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A couple of people have bent rear axles, a couple have lost front wheels, and 1 broken chassis. That is what I have read so far. I am sure you can add front A arms to the list.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Silly trying to make out one design is better then the other.

They both have their own advantages with different traction conditions & layout designs.

Looking more & more like us racers will need two 2w buggys for today's sport .
Track layout is not only advantageous depending on rm or mm, but also each brand has their strengths.

Before, mm was considered crap on anything except astroturf. Just saying, who knows, with the right setup mm might be just as good on slick track, maybe not. But there are videos out there showing potential. Never drove mm buggy yet but always willing to try new things. Will probably end up getting both
Old 02-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Yes Hara proved mm was good on DIRT. No secret in Europe, yeah they have been driving for a while.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I didn't have a chance to test fit different bodies to a B5 today. Got cut short on the time I had at the track unfortunately.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Tech Initiate

deleted

Last edited by BHammer002; 02-16-2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: trolls
Old 02-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BHammer002
You're not alone.

I dont know how anyone else feels about it, maybe its been mentioned (I have some pages to catch up on here), but the new ball caps are horrible in my opinion. I get the intentions, and it probably worked great on paper, but they are way too soft. I think they were going for flexibility, but I cant even make adjustments to camber or steering by just turning the turnbuckle without the whole thing popping off. I imagine they will be one of the first improvements with a factory team kit. Am going to try going back and putting the grease inside them as the instructions suggest, but that seems so unnecessary to have to do.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:31 PM
Tech Initiate

deleted

Last edited by BHammer002; 02-16-2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: trolls
Old 02-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have always used RPM ball cups on my B4's and T4's. With those I use a drill to run the turnbuckles in and out of the ball cups about 15 times to loosen them up. Works great everytime.

Has anyone done this with the B5 ball cups?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BHammer002
The instructions say to apply grease to the threads of the turnbuckles as you screw them into the ball caps to "ease" the threading process. If that was what puzzled you. I have never had to do it before and have never had this particular issue.
If you have never had to do that before then obviously you have never had this issue. If you do as the instructions say they work great and to me seem to be the best ball cups out there.

As for the push issue there are several adjustments that can be made with the trailing arm adjustments and ball stud spacers without adding weight. Where did you get the information that the kit was designed around a square pack and not a shorty. Shorty is the obvious choice for stock buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.