R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 03-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #2866
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
Because when you wear out or want to replace a $1 piece you would have to spend $20.
+1. Likewise if you manage to mess up or wear down the block you can buy it without all the inserts
rcboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #2867
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Maifield had his newest setup sheet up on ae's website. Im suprised that this is a very similar setup to what I have been running and its very dialed.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #2868
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Gang!

New lightweight top shaft;
http://www.exotekracing.com/associated/
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-dsc_0193.jpg  

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #2869
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Inserts

How would the blocks wear out. No problem offering the inserts by themselves, that makes since but I have three sets of the blocks that are useless.
You could list on your website that you need additional parts to make it work.
Not to mention the inserts are not $1, There $8 so you have to buy 4 different parts that total $44.

But I have figured a way to get the adjustment I want since I have an extra shock tower
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #2870
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Hart View Post
There is the correct amount of play in the mesh, I'm pretty stumped where the noise is coming from especially when the diff is smooth.
Check your hub bearings. Also check your transmission bearings - someone had one blow out and I think he said he finished his race but the car was loud.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #2871
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWest View Post
How would the blocks wear out. No problem offering the inserts by themselves, that makes since but I have three sets of the blocks that are useless.
Not to mention the inserts are not $1, There $8 so you have to buy 4 different parts that total $44.

But I have figured a way to get the adjustment I want since I have an extra shock tower
They did the same thing with the alum Shock mounts. You need to buy the alum mounts and the plastic ball to make it work. BTW, I dont think Kyosho or TLR sell the inserts with the suspension holders. But yeah, there should be a note saying you will need the inserts, like they did with the front clamping hexes and axle. TLR and Kyosho like to bundle parts I dont want or need, so I dont really have an issue buying just what I want. Heck, If I could buy the left and right arms separately, like the xray, I would. lol. I did like that about the Kyosho, arms fir both sides front and back... Anyway, can the inserts be swapped out without removing the alum block? I was going to change my buggy from 3-2 to 2.5-2, but I have my chassis tape on and I dont want to cut up the chassis tape to get the screws out, lol.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #2872
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I found the alum c and d block on eBay and bought the inserts at northwest hobbies in oregon. Got lucky and I did buy the last ones. They are sweet. Also the rear ball stud mount In alum and top shaft are on AE site. Ordered them yesterday.
Home Track: CGRC, Cottage Grove, Oregon
tschulz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #2873
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWest View Post

They will wear out because they are soft plastic. They should be $4.00-$5.00, if you are paying $8.00 you are getting ripped off. Agreed, the blocks should come with them and also sell them separately. My LHS had them in stock the other day, I will check with them tonight when I am there. If you really need them PM me and ill grab a set and send them to you.
Ryan H.
Tradin Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #2874
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
They did the same thing with the alum Shock mounts. You need to buy the alum mounts and the plastic ball to make it work. BTW, I dont think Kyosho or TLR sell the inserts with the suspension holders. But yeah, there should be a note saying you will need the inserts, like they did with the front clamping hexes and axle. TLR and Kyosho like to bundle parts I dont want or need, so I dont really have an issue buying just what I want. Heck, If I could buy the left and right arms separately, like the xray, I would. lol. I did like that about the Kyosho, arms fir both sides front and back... Anyway, can the inserts be swapped out without removing the alum block? I was going to change my buggy from 3-2 to 2.5-2, but I have my chassis tape on and I dont want to cut up the chassis tape to get the screws out, lol.
Kyosho sells them together....
Old 03-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #2875
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Front and rear inserts are $8 I was giving the total.
Can you shoot me a PM
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #2876
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default there's no substitute for paying attention...

Just to use A-Main Hobbies as an example;

Most, if not all their products, are listed with multiple images. Most, if not all those images include the product in it's manufacturers packaging.

You can discern very easily what's included - look at the package for crying out loud!

One can argue, or be critical of the fact that related parts should be sold together. However, I've witnessed the same individuals complain that they have to buy the entire "insert example here," to get the one part they need. Some cases it works in your favor and other cases not.

We've all elected to play the retail/hobby game, but almost two pages of complaining about it is a little excessive and unproductive no?
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #2877
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Kyosho sells them together....
I was referring to these, not the new V2 style ones. It looks like the v2 ones come with inserts, you are correct.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...er-RF-Gunmetal
Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #2878
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
Just to use A-Main Hobbies as an example;

Most, if not all their products, are listed with multiple images. Most, if not all those images include the product in it's manufacturers packaging.

You can discern very easily what's included - look at the package for crying out loud!

One can argue, or be critical of the fact that related parts should be sold together. However, I've witnessed the same individuals complain that they have to buy the entire "insert example here," to get the one part they need. Some cases it works in your favor and other cases not.

We've all elected to play the retail/hobby game, but almost two pages of complaining about it is a little excessive and unproductive no?
+1 I can see it both ways and people will complain in either direction. I know that I dislike being forced into rear hub when I broke a spindle on my tlr 22 2.0. I had a pile of rear hubs at one point. But at the same time, it does seem like the alum shock stays should come with the $2 balls. I mean, how often will anyone replace the mounts. Probably the same with inserts and the hangers. AE probably just didint want to double package the inserts.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #2879
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I did the crush washer mod on the akerman rack and works great. Never had a screw back out on the aluminum rack. There needs to be a crush sleeve on the long screws that thread into the top plate. The mod was on B5 Nation FB page.

Basically you use the 1mm blue AE ballstud washer between the bearings in the akerman rack. you have to ream out the hole between the two bearings enough to allow the washer to fit. it was a 5 min mod.
For anyone who is interested in the alloy rack; I just received mine from Amain today and it looks like there are two 1mm crush washers included with my rack........I looked at some pics of packaged racks online and saw no such washers, so perhaps AE has included them to correct the issues. I haven't installed the rack yet so I can't verify for sure, but the washers are clearly unique to the aluminum rack.
StadiumRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:01 PM   #2880
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi Gang!

New lightweight top shaft;
http://www.exotekracing.com/associated/
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote