Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
New unused B4.2 TiNi coated shock shafts measured 2.92mm with my very UNprecision calipers.
I just said that , but thanks for the confirmation.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
It's the thing to do currently.

I have zero issues/complaints with the current diff, but adding 2 balls should increase the durability/longevity of the diff.

I'd like to see the outdrives/CVD pins last longer, but that holds true for every car.
I've seen this statement repeated consistently but I have to say that in a year of racing my 4.2 outdrives and pins are barely showing signs of wear and I'm running a 7.5 powered by 60c Venom packs fed through an RS Pro (Reventon Pro as of this weekend thanks to a local sponsorship). My car is clearly one of the fastest down the straights so there is plenty of energy being pushed through the drive system. I would love to know what you guys are running to see what is causing this excessive wear.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by the incubus
I've seen this statement repeated consistently but I have to say that in a year of racing my 4.2 outdrives and pins are barely showing signs of wear and I'm running a 7.5 powered by 60c Venom packs fed through an RS Pro (Reventon Pro as of this weekend thanks to a local sponsorship). My car is clearly one of the fastest down the straights so there is plenty of energy being pushed through the drive system. I would love to know what you guys are running to see what is causing this excessive wear.
your parts are lasting a year just cuz you don't run the car very often ..

I can get 6 to 8 weeks on a set of outdrives & CVD..

OR
About 20 to 25 packs a week

Using 7.5 ..
Old 12-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The rear motor thread is filled with:

"Why doesn't it have any aluminum?"

"Why are the shock caps plastic?"

"Why are the shock shafts uncoated?"

"Why aren't the hexes aluminum?"

"Why can't I run my full-size stick pack?"

"When is the Factory Team edition going to be released?"

Don't believe me? Go see for yourself.
+1 !!!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
check that as the old shaft was close but not a 3m..

Extra diff balls improve the grip for the diff to handle the power modern motor's have.
The original Big bore shocks are advertised as 3mm, if they are under 3mm I wonder if the new ones are also under 3mm.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by BRSracing
The original Big bore shocks are advertised as 3mm, if they are under 3mm I wonder if the new ones are also under 3mm.
They are not undersized , they are 3m ...
Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I asked this on another thread but got no answer so I'll try here. Will the new MIP pucks system work on the new B5? Or did they change the drive train as well??

Thanks
Old 12-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I just said that , but thanks for the confirmation.
No, you didn't "just say that". You said they were "close". I chose to give more specific information so that others had a reference for comparison. Your "close" and my "close" could be vastly different.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No, you didn't "just say that". You said they were "close". I chose to give more specific information so that others had a reference for comparison. Your "close" and my "close" could be vastly different.
You guys should arm wrestle about it.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Legend

I will try harder next time but still

close
enuff....lol

We (team mates) discussed the shocks just yesterday & the change about the shafts came up.

How I know.

Eric

The information is important and on topic .
Many new B5 owners need to know.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I made no mention of excessive wear, but it'd be nice if they lasted longer. My current outdrives/CVDs are about 3 months old, and are showing light wear, but aren't notched yet.

The AE outdrives/CVDs last at least as long as everything else I've driven, so I haven't any complaints, but replaceable blades/pucks could save some money in the long run. If they can hold up to mod motors.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
...but replaceable blades/pucks could save some money in the long run. If they can hold up to mod motors.
Sorry to drift this even further off-topic, but...

MIP is marketing the PUCKS system towards 17.5 motors, I doubt it would hold up to a mod motor. Part of that may be the aluminum outdrives and aluminum CVDs. I like the concept. I wonder if a bronze puck instead of a plastic one and steel instead of aluminum would be suitable for mod? It wouldn't save much weight (if any), but it would allow a user serviceable wear surface on the dogbone and should decrease wear on the outdrive.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I would assume the TLR 14 ball system suffered from poorer quality metals. Essentially, the more balls you have, the less pressure per ball which "should" improve longevity of diffs. Associated diffs are butter as is and I would assume this change will make them just that much better.
TLR's diff came stocck with plain chrome balls, not carbides. I heard reports of slippage with upgraded balls (read back in the 1st 22 thread about tight diff settings). At the time. The fix was the old 12 ball diff gear. B-fast sold a TON of diff kits to new 22 owners.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Sorry to drift this even further off-topic, but...

MIP is marketing the PUCKS system towards 17.5 motors, I doubt it would hold up to a mod motor. Part of that may be the aluminum outdrives and aluminum CVDs. I like the concept. I wonder if a bronze puck instead of a plastic one and steel instead of aluminum would be suitable for mod? It wouldn't save much weight (if any), but it would allow a user serviceable wear surface on the dogbone and should decrease wear on the outdrive.
Hideeho
MIP is making an Al puck system for the Losi scte.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Pro4mance-Pack
If a puck system will stand up to that kind of abuse (I have never seen a class that stresses electric & mechanical components the way the 4wd SCT class does), why won't it work for a 4wd 1/10 mod buggy, much less a 2wd?

P.S. For the ultimate abuse, a local driver just installed the puck system in an MIP ebug conversion for the SCTE. It should be interesting to see if it will last through a race day.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I remember when people used to buy the cheapest kit so they could do their own chosen mods. Times have certainly changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.