Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR

If I end up getting either car, I just plan to add hopups as they are released by Yaiba, Jconcepts and Avid.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
The rear motor thread is filled with:

"Why doesn't if have any aluminum?"

"Why are the shock caps plastic?"

"Why are the shock shafts uncoated?"

"Why aren't the hexes aluminum?"

"Why can't I run my full-size stick pack?"

"When is the Factory Team edition going to be released?"

Don't believe me? Go see for yourself.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I'm about to unsubscribe to the thread.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know why AE went with a 14 ball diff vs the standard 12 ball? TLR 22 owners had initial issues with 14 ball diffs. Rick? Patiofurniture?
Old 12-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i gotta agree the stick pack thing is ridiculous. just buy some dam shorties, or saddles. if you are too broke to buy new batteries what makes you think you can afford a new car?...lol
Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Didn't get a chance to comment on the most impressively significant improvement that I have been waiting on… The steering system.

Now THIS is how steering should be done!

http://www.liverc.com/pictures/news/...llcrank_lg.jpg

Provided the bearings are precision fit and firmly captured, along with precision fit on the cups, slop will be a thing of the past and this steering system will be the best in the industry.
Its definitely an improvement over the old one. Best in the industry? Not sure about that.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
You know I hadn't looked at that close up...interesting that there is no servo saver in the plastic version. Probably no need for AL there with that design assuming, like you said, the fit and finish is solid.
Servo saver can still be in the servo horn, like the Bmax2 has. Can't really see it on the pictures.

But yeah, who uses servo savers in 2wd these days
Old 12-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
Its definitely an improvement over the old one. Best in the industry? Not sure about that.
Well, given that the current B4 (along with Kyosho) has the distinction of having the greatest steering ability of all the cars (sometimes to a detriment), it has A TON of slop. If Associated improved it a bit more, the added precision of the system (taking my observations into account) the B5 could very well have the best steering in the industry.

Many systems are excellent but most have some sort of weakness. This one, if executed perfectly may not have a weakness. On top of that, it looks rather heavy duty and robust and I don't expect anything but excellence in this department.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by predu
i gotta agree the stick pack thing is ridiculous. just buy some dam shorties, or saddles. if you are too broke to buy new batteries what makes you think you can afford a new car?...lol
Old 12-30-2013, 09:55 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong

If I end up getting either car, I just plan to add hopups as they are released by Yaiba, Jconcepts and Avid.
That's what I thought! Although I love the Yokomo B-Max2MR (give it a try and you will understand), I really like the look of the Yaiba and Avid parts on my SC10.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Does anyone know why AE went with a 14 ball diff vs the standard 12 ball? TLR 22 owners had initial issues with 14 ball diffs. Rick? Patiofurniture?
It's the thing to do currently.

I have zero issues/complaints with the current diff, but adding 2 balls should increase the durability/longevity of the diff.

I'd like to see the outdrives/CVD pins last longer, but that holds true for every car.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jake S
shaft is the same 3mm still. only visible change is the plastic shock cap and the plain-jane 3mm shafts. but it does have new orings inside as well.
check that as the old shaft was close but not a 3m..

Extra diff balls improve the grip for the diff to handle the power modern motor's have.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would assume the TLR 14 ball system suffered from poorer quality metals. Essentially, the more balls you have, the less pressure per ball which "should" improve longevity of diffs. Associated diffs are butter as is and I would assume this change will make them just that much better.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
Probably because not as many people desire or need a MM vehicle. It's funny though, more and more tracks are now trying to get the traction up as high as possible so people can and will run MM. MM seems to be the fashionable thing to do as of late, kinda doesn't make sense to me.
Uh Astro turf....
Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
check that as the old shaft was close but not a 3m..

Extra diff balls improve the grip for the diff to handle the power modern motor's have.
New unused B4.2 TiNi coated shock shafts measured 2.92mm with my very UNprecision calipers.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
I've run the plastic 44 rear hubs on B4s and B44s for 2 years (less slop than the alloy) without ever breaking one. I don't see the new hubs failing under anything but the most ridiculous of circumstances.
Hideeho
The hub itself & the bottom of the tower I have no worries about at all. I agree a plastic hub can be as good or better that an Al one. My concern is the thin plastic that surrounds the blue Al pill that the camber link attaches to. If the thin plastic around the pill even cracks the camber link will be out of kilter. I am worried a good power slide into a wall on the edge of a fast sweeper will break that plastic only, not the rest of the hub. I like the concept, I'm just leery of the execution. Then again, I broke 2 Avid CF rear towers, maybe it won't be an issue for most folks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.