R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 03-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #2251
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntJeff View Post
Whats funny is HB doesn't even make a 2WD buggy!
Its a mishmashed centro... lol!
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #2252
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagolf View Post
Looking for an unbiased opinion on which buggy you prefer. AE b5m or tlr 22 2.0 (mm). Not looking to start a war just a simple question for the guys who have both and have done side by side testing. I currently have a 22 2.0 with rocket rc nrass anti squat and rear camber block base. Last night was my first outing with it and it was rather rough bc i was trying to break in new front tires and it was also my first time on the track with it. Didnt do bad at all, was just a lap off pace from my rear motor car, which i was very comfortable with. I know it takes a little time to get used to mid motor so im not thinking about switching it back until ive had enough time to adjust. Im all for any car that makes me faster but i have to feel comfortable with it first.
I drove both yesterday. 2nd race weekend on my B5M and me and my buddy swapped cars after the races in practice. He has a 22 2.0 mm setup the same as yours. IMO the 22 was great, it turned well and had tons of rear bite. My B5M was more forgiving and drove much the same, lots of side bite and forward traction. I could throw it around more and it didn't get out of shape.
I picked up a lap and my lap times were much more consistent with the B5M, I want to try flat arms and tower just to see what it does. Right now I'm running Kody Numendahl's setup exactly, car is a bit heavy... 1608 rtr
markt311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #2253
Tech Addict

well I finished my backyard outdoor track this morning.. I made a 35 x 80 track.. dirt is a clay and dirt mix.. did about 7 tabletops and doubles.. 2 triples and some rollers and bump section.. lanes are only 5-6 ft wide as that's whats on my tractor with my tiller.

I tried a couple different tires at first.. ended up with proline mini steps in back and 4 row wide ribs in front... made just a few changes to car and it was dialed.. at one point I had to much rear traction and had to move battery forward with one small spacer behind battery.

i am amazed how easy the car is to dial into different track conditions.. it was a blast driving outside again..
rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #2254
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt311 View Post
I drove both yesterday. 2nd race weekend on my B5M and me and my buddy swapped cars after the races in practice. He has a 22 2.0 mm setup the same as yours. IMO the 22 was great, it turned well and had tons of rear bite. My B5M was more forgiving and drove much the same, lots of side bite and forward traction. I could throw it around more and it didn't get out of shape.
I picked up a lap and my lap times were much more consistent with the B5M, I want to try flat arms and tower just to see what it does. Right now I'm running Kody Numendahl's setup exactly, car is a bit heavy... 1608 rtr
Thanks for that reply! Really appreciate the un-biased opinion. I think i will just fo ahead and get a b5m to test with and see which i feel more comfortable with that way i dont get flamed on here...again
Dagolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #2255
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
well I finished my backyard outdoor track this morning.. I made a 35 x 80 track.. dirt is a clay and dirt mix.. did about 7 tabletops and doubles.. 2 triples and some rollers and bump section.. lanes are only 5-6 ft wide as that's whats on my tractor with my tiller.

I tried a couple different tires at first.. ended up with proline mini steps in back and 4 row wide ribs in front... made just a few changes to car and it was dialed.. at one point I had to much rear traction and had to move battery forward with one small spacer behind battery.

i am amazed how easy the car is to dial into different track conditions.. it was a blast driving outside again..
What's your setup?
AE B44.3
AE RC8B3E TEKNO SCT410.3 JRC JET EDM & LATEMODEL
AccessRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #2256
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Where are the rear tower mounts breaking. Thinking about making a carbon brace all the way across to strengthen it up a bit
Colts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:18 PM   #2257
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Where are the rear tower mounts breaking. Thinking about making a carbon brace all the way across to strengthen it up a bit
The actual tower isn't breaking a seperated small lower part that holds the rear castor links. I didn't break anything at Cactus went to another track last night and landed hard on the left rear wheel.

Jason
Jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #2258
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
Google hobby express cincinnati ohio. They have 4 in stock right now
They don't show on their website
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #2259
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagolf View Post
Looking for an unbiased opinion on which buggy you prefer. AE b5m or tlr 22 2.0 (mm). Not looking to start a war just a simple question for the guys who have both and have done side by side testing. I currently have a 22 2.0 with rocket rc nrass anti squat and rear camber block base. Last night was my first outing with it and it was rather rough bc i was trying to break in new front tires and it was also my first time on the track with it. Didnt do bad at all, was just a lap off pace from my rear motor car, which i was very comfortable with. I know it takes a little time to get used to mid motor so im not thinking about switching it back until ive had enough time to adjust. Im all for any car that makes me faster but i have to feel comfortable with it first.
I've owned both and just sold my 22 2.0 and kept the b5m.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #2260
Tech Adept

On the sugared Cactus classic track the b5m was much more effective and a plain blast to drive hard in the corners. Taking the b5m to a clay indoor track sat night and the car only felt slightly better than my b5rm.

Jason
Jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #2261
Tech Addict

I think any of the new buggies are good.. personal pref and maybe what and who are available around you for helping out makes a big impact on what you choose too.

As for my outdoor setup so far.. its raining now so my track will start to melt together.. and setup may change a little... but earlier it was loose to med. traction.

I used white springs front, arms just above bones level, 1.6 tapered pistons, 35wt. oil, 2mm blue spacer under tower ballstud, arms stock location and 1 deg. neg camber with 0 toe. I have a xp1015 servo.. its full size.. and personal trans mounted ontop of it. battery was just a shorty with one big spacer and one small spacer in front of battery and one small spacer behind it. for rear I had hubs all the way forward, I had no spacer under ball cup on tower mount, moved to outside hole on hub, green spring, 1.6 tapered piston, 30 wt oil, stock shock locations, 2 deg neg camber with 3/1 block. ride height bones level in back.
I did use the 72 spur with 33 pin. with reedy stock motor..
car was really really good and totally hooked up.
rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #2262
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Whats funny is HB doesn't even make a 2WD buggy!
Its a mishmashed centro... lol!
It's a HB "PROTOTYPE"
Rb6-c4.2 design
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #2263
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I havent won a race in awhile but this b5m killed it today by far the smoothest car i have ever diven and my gearing for my 17.5 is so on point.
xTotalghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #2264
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropmonky View Post
Impressive!

Regarding any hooking issues, I haven't had any hooking issues myself at OCRC. I'd like to get a set of flat front A-arms to try out since I'm just not sure how much it will change the feel of the car on a nice grip indoor clay track. After putting the Pucks system in my B5M I'm struggling getting the car dialed in again.

I sold my 2nd B5M (still in box) to a friend so I'm on the hunt for another one. If anyone knows of a place with them in stock please post it up here!
SRS had some yesterday
Old 03-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #2265
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKSPLIT96 View Post
I've owned both and just sold my 22 2.0 and kept the b5m.
Right on. Would you care to elaborate on this a little? Was your 2.0 mid motor? What key things do you like better about the b5m compared to the 2.0?
Dagolf is offline   Reply With Quote