R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 11-20-2016, 12:24 PM   #20851
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check into the mono wheels, great deal and work great. I've had great luck with AKA impacts and PL holeshots on the rear and just ribs up front..
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #20852
Tech Fanatic

Most definitely newcomer the Orion and Trinity in 5mm post pods. Just a soft rear tire something that doesn't like to load up.
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:42 PM   #20853
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldracer1 View Post
Hello, just registered for rc tech. I bought a rc10 b5m with a hobby wing ESC and a speed passion 17.5r motor. Looking for some shorty packs. I was looking at the team Orion 4500 or 5000. Also I need to get some wheels and tires. Jconcepts wheels and tires for an outdoor track. I will be racing at lake part in Tampa. I think they are running a pin type of tire.
You should look into SMC or Fantom packs, Orions are way overpriced for the same performance. As for tires you should ask the locals what is a good tire to run. Pretty difficult to answer that online.
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #20854
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing

I have to say i love these nano-tech batteries, Awesome price & i have 3, they run just as good as my trinity ones, almost half the price..
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-approved.html
Old 11-21-2016, 03:34 AM   #20855
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Team scream batteries great prices great performance
eper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:35 AM   #20856
Tech Rookie

Hi there!

I asked a couple of days ago if the PL-body for the centro-conersion kit will fit the B5M: well, I did not get an answer so I ordered the body and tried myself:
... it does fit! okay, it does not fit exactly but it is quite okay, it is just the chassis part around the servo that is not perfect.

Now I have two more questions (I red almost 200 pages of this thread and did not find answers, so I apologize for not reading the hole thread first):

1: my shocks tend to leak; any recommendations on what o-rings I have to use?

2: which one to prefer?: screwed pistons (V2 shock shafts) or the the std ones (clipse)

thx for an answer!!
Lorangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #20857
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldracer1 View Post
Hello, just registered for rc tech. I bought a rc10 b5m with a hobby wing ESC and a speed passion 17.5r motor. Looking for some shorty packs. I was looking at the team Orion 4500 or 5000. Also I need to get some wheels and tires. Jconcepts wheels and tires for an outdoor track. I will be racing at lake part in Tampa. I think they are running a pin type of tire.
I've had good luck with the Pro-Line Holeshots for the front and the Pro-Line Calibers for the rear, best to ask the locals what tires work best though
jl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:02 PM   #20858
Tech Initiate

I would recommend associated x-rings. Since I installed x-rings in two cars none of them have leaked a drop. Good stuff.
The shafts with the screwed pistons are better, you can use machined pistons which are more precise, Not a deal breaker, the other shafts work fine. Your call.
francomang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:05 AM   #20859
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorangos View Post
1: my shocks tend to leak; any recommendations on what o-rings I have to use?
Leaking occurs most likely due to old/swollen o-rings that have been torn up/split. Just get a shock rebuild kit (they are just the seal parts) and rebuild them slowly. Many people coat the o-rings with the green slime product offered by Associated. This helps keep them from swelling. So smash some of that on the o-rings before you put them in. You could go without the green slime and lube the o-rings with shock oil. This causes the swelling to begin with. It's naturally going to happen anyways. Lube the shaft before you send it through as well. Make sure you get the rest of the parts in there in the correct attitude and in the right order.
Beyond that, there could be a problem with the shaft itself. There's no fixing a shaft issue outside of replacing it.
Last but not least it may be possible but unlikely that the shock body itself has an issue at the seal end but that would take one heck of a massive hit to cause that. I have had somebody land on my shock causing the shock body to dent enough where it couldn't travel.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:21 AM   #20860
Tech Rookie

... I'm going to rebuild my shocks with new o-rings (x-rings)!
Thanks for your advice!

Olaf
Lorangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #20861
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorangos View Post
... I'm going to rebuild my shocks with new o-rings (x-rings)!
Thanks for your advice!

Olaf
X-Rings are the best. spend a few more and get the machined internal spacers that were release for the B6. It's like butter.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...c91494/p507396

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #20862
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ive decided to stick with my b5m for this season instead of getting a new car. i have a friend that was able to get me the wwhd tranny and the car is pretty good. im just looking for some unique items that may be out there to help even a little more. i like to be different. anyone know of anything?
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:37 PM   #20863
Tech Prophet

What do you guys do for more turn in with this buggy i run 3 gear /mod motor on med traction to high clay ? I have tried to use 1mm spacers on the camber link on tower but it was to aggressive with it was higher grip anyways.

I been running mostly Dirtwebs, Typos on rear and Dirtwebs up Front . Ride height is 23mm/24mm rest is stock accept the slipper clutch .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #20864
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
What do you guys do for more turn in with this buggy i run 3 gear /mod motor on med traction to high clay ? I have tried to use 1mm spacers on the camber link on tower but it was to aggressive with it was higher grip anyways.

I been running mostly Dirtwebs, Typos on rear and Dirtwebs up Front . Ride height is 23mm/24mm rest is stock accept the slipper clutch .
It's all in the inserts and the front hubs. Go way back somewhere near the beginning of this thread. Back when guys were just getting their cars. Out of the box the car is set up with mild, easy to drive and stable turn in (initial oversteer) I can't remember off hand which insert to change but your answer will be found there.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:56 PM   #20865
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_r View Post
It's all in the inserts and the front hubs. Go way back somewhere near the beginning of this thread. Back when guys were just getting their cars. Out of the box the car is set up with mild, easy to drive and stable turn in (initial oversteer) I can't remember off hand which insert to change but your answer will be found there.

Ok thanks the stock setup was good on a faster more open layout but now its a technical track with tight turns .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote