R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 10-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #20821
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anyone have issues with the right rear camber bolt coming loose often? It connects to the 3 hole position aluminum mount. It has the ball cup on the rear that the camber link attached to by the tire.
tylem28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:05 PM   #20822
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylem28 View Post
anyone have issues with the right rear camber bolt coming loose often? It connects to the 3 hole position aluminum mount. It has the ball cup on the rear that the camber link attached to by the tire.
Assuming you mean the insert that goes into the rear hub. Are you installing a nut on the front side of it also? Shouldn't be coming loose with a good nylock nut
Tbone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #20823
Tech Regular

Yes, the blue aluminum piece is threaded and the ball stud screws into it. The ball stud threads are pretty much flush with the back side of the hub. Maybe 2 threads a most come through the aluminum piece so there is no room to put any nut on the threads. I will try some blue / red locktite to see if that helps.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:21 PM   #20824
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes, the blue aluminum piece is threaded and the ball stud screws into it. The ball stud threads are pretty much flush with the back side of the hub. Maybe 2 threads a most come through the aluminum piece so there is no room to put any nut on the threads. I will try some blue / red locktite to see if that helps.
Im gonna stop you right there, It sounds like you have a too short of ball stud in your hubs. Not that loctite is not a good idea but you need to get a longer ball stud back there, maybe the correct ball stud is elsewhere on the car?
Old 10-28-2016, 08:21 PM   #20825
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing

Thank you...
Old 10-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #20826
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Thread locker is a good idea, but please don't use red. Blue is enough lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Im gonna stop you right there, It sounds like you have a too short of ball stud in your hubs. Not that loctite is not a good idea but you need to get a longer ball stud back there, maybe the correct ball stud is elsewhere on the car?
If it's the B5m CE the supplement manual tells you to take the 6mm ball studs that go in the steering rack, and install them in the rear hubs. It then tells you to take the 8mm ball studs, that would have otherwise gone in the rear hubs, and install them in the steering rack. Why they didn't just include 10mm ball studs and a nylok nut like in the FL car, I'll never understand.
_danimal_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #20827
Tech Regular

Thank you, I'll take a picture and post later for a better idea. Thanks for all the help
Old 10-28-2016, 11:47 PM   #20828
Eli
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by _danimal_ View Post
Thread locker is a good idea, but please don't use red. Blue is enough lol..

If it's the B5m CE the supplement manual tells you to take the 6mm ball studs that go in the steering rack, and install them in the rear hubs. It then tells you to take the 8mm ball studs, that would have otherwise gone in the rear hubs, and install them in the steering rack. Why they didn't just include 10mm ball studs and a nylok nut like in the FL car, I'll never understand.
Oh ok good to know. I don't have a manual for my b5m and I have the aluminum hubs. I was going off how the B6 instructions are as I'm building one...slowly....
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:13 AM   #20829
Tech Rookie

Default B5M LCG trans

I am lost with 1389 posts...can someone tell me where the LCG trans conversion thread is?
THX!
Mess
Old 11-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #20830
Tech Rookie

Hello!
... has anyone ever tried the PL Bulldog Body that was made for the centro conversion kit on the B5M?
Does it fit!?
Lorangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #20831
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm getting back into the hobby. I bought a b5m ce which is like new running on a clay track with traction. Do I need to upgrade to a b6 edition or can I win with this?
Rcforlife13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:08 PM   #20832
Eli
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by messn03 View Post
I am lost with 1389 posts...can someone tell me where the LCG trans conversion thread is?
THX!
Mess
Not sure there is one
Old 11-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #20833
Eli
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcforlife13 View Post
I'm getting back into the hobby. I bought a b5m ce which is like new running on a clay track with traction. Do I need to upgrade to a b6 edition or can I win with this?
You can still win with this car.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #20834
Tech Rookie

Hi,everybody! I heard that carpet is not really popular in US, but anyway... Does anybody use rear anti roll bar on medium/high grip carpets? Or its better without it?
4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #20835
Tech Regular

has anyone experienced bending of the front left turnbuckle often? I just replaced the turnbuckle for the 3rd time and it has a bend in it again after the first 5 minute race. Its just the stock turnbuckle. (ASC6263 2.06") I'm looking to replace these with something stronger. Looking for suggestions? Lungsford the best option or the Titanium Factory Team?

I am going to replace all the turnbuckles but what I dont want to do is replace them and have it get bent shortly after. Is there something on the buggy I should look to see if it is causing it to bend? If so where would should I look / Check?