R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2016, 08:49 AM   #20566
Moderator
 
bds81175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Litchfield, Minnesota
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Strange....
__________________
Current Racers: AE B6D, Tekno SCT410, Tekno EB48.3
Full Throttle R/C Raceway www.ftrcr.com, Psycho Dog Racing Team, Team Holy Rollers - Greatest RC race team on the planet. Well, at least the team with the best sponsor.
Tekno RC
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #20567
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 126
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
Strange....
Motor did make good power for a 13.5t but I try a 13awg, and I will post the results
eazy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #20568
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: CostaMesa,CA
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
Guys my B5M lite stalls after a few laps especially landing hard on a jump and bottoming out. I took out the fan on my motor and the problem went away. Does anybody had any problem similar to my experience. Really need the fan to keep the motor temp down. Is it the reciever that I am using? I run the stock telemetry receiver that came with the Futaba 4PLS radio system the Futaba R304SB Receiver and the LRP Flow Works team ESC.

sensor wire, replace it
radioctrlhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #20569
Tech Master
 
Phillip F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioctrlhead View Post
sensor wire, replace it
Just wondering how you came up with this suggestion. Please explain.
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:58 PM   #20570
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: CostaMesa,CA
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
Just wondering how you came up with this suggestion. Please explain.
because its happened to me. sensor wires dont last very long and they are delicate. they're cheap enough to replace eliminating a possible source for problems.

report back with findings please
radioctrlhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #20571
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 95
Default

Anyone running there b5m on carpet tried it with the b5m rear arms instead of the b5 ones and if so what where the results?
gearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #20572
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearit View Post
Anyone running there b5m on carpet tried it with the b5m rear arms instead of the b5 ones and if so what where the results?
I have only run my B5m on carpet, and I have only used the B5m rear arms, with my rear hubs all the way back.
__________________
To finish first, you must first finish.
B6
I get my rug burns at Northwest Hobbies.
_danimal_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #20573
Tech Master
 
Phillip F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioctrlhead View Post
because its happened to me. sensor wires dont last very long and they are delicate. they're cheap enough to replace eliminating a possible source for problems.

report back with findings please
I will. thanks.
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:25 PM   #20574
Tech Addict
 
czrlaker's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 514
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _danimal_ View Post
I have only run my B5m on carpet, and I have only used the B5m rear arms, with my rear hubs all the way back.
Danimal would you mind sending me your setup. I too run on carpet (traction for days) and would like someone's setup who is active here to start with. And I don't understand this rear arm thing. I am new to the b5m,but loving it.
czrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:19 PM   #20575
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by czrlaker View Post
Danimal would you mind sending me your setup. I too run on carpet (traction for days) and would like someone's setup who is active here to start with. And I don't understand this rear arm thing. I am new to the b5m,but loving it.
PM sent
_danimal_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #20576
Tech Apprentice
 
AMitchell05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palo, Iowa
Posts: 68
Default

I have a b5m champions edition and I want to put in an AC RC 3-gear 3-D laydown on shapeways. Is this all I need to do it?
Left gearbox,
Right gearbox,
chassis / battery strap,
Factory Lite top shaft, and bearings

Has anyone on here converted to it and how durable are they?
__________________
Hobbytown Cedar Rapids, IA
AMitchell05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #20577
Tech Master
 
Phillip F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Interested in doing a lay down transmission conversion too. How do you do it?
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #20578
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,945
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
Interested in doing a lay down transmission conversion too. How do you do it?
sell the b5m, then buy a b6. booom converted.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #20579
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMitchell05 View Post
I have a b5m champions edition and I want to put in an AC RC 3-gear 3-D laydown on shapeways. Is this all I need to do it?
Left gearbox,
Right gearbox,
chassis / battery strap,
Factory Lite top shaft, and bearings

Has anyone on here converted to it and how durable are they?
You don't need and extra topshaft or bearings. Use the ones you have in your kit. You'll also need to modify your motor plate to clear the C-block, check out ACRC on fb for a pic of what I'm talking about. Depending on what body you run, you may have to trim the top portion of the motor plate as well. I've had mine for almost a year and have had no issues. Some people have reported small fitment issues, but I didn't have any.
__________________
Team Associated / Reedy / JConcepts / BoomRC
boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #20580
Tech Apprentice
 
AMitchell05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palo, Iowa
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher View Post
You don't need and extra topshaft or bearings. Use the ones you have in your kit. You'll also need to modify your motor plate to clear the C-block, check out ACRC on fb for a pic of what I'm talking about. Depending on what body you run, you may have to trim the top portion of the motor plate as well. I've had mine for almost a year and have had no issues. Some people have reported small fitment issues, but I didn't have any.
Cool thanks! The motor plate cutting isn't a big deal, I just didn't want to buy everything and then find out I need different rear shock tower, etc.
__________________
Hobbytown Cedar Rapids, IA
AMitchell05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:48 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net