Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

MIP Pucks and or Schelle Clutch
Old 05-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

We officially started sugared track season. I found out the light weight car I built before I bought my Lite is lighter than my Lite. Its 1425 grams with a 3250 pack.....and with an Orion 4500 pack its 1470. If I want to run in the JBRL I will have to add some weight.

When I built my Lite I tried a bunch of new stuff. 1) Imbue brass shock pistons. I give those a fail. I can't quite explain why, but they make the car feel weird...maybe too much pack even when I lighten up the oil. 2) Proline VTRs.....also a fail. The rears are starting to tear. They don't last long and its not because the tread wears out, rather, its because the sidewall is coming apart. 3) I bought a Hobbywing Bandit 17.5 non ROAR legal stock motor. I give the motor a big thumbs up. There is no faster 17.5. Its just plain wrong. If your track has loose rules its the way to go. It is a torque monster and feels like a stout 13.5. I have it geared 35/69 and I just ordered a 36 pinion. I might even try 36/66. The magnets are so strong that you can barely turn the motor over by hand. If you're going to run a cheater motor these are half the price of a certified big blue. Mine hasn't got over 140 and Hobbywing says they are rated to a conservative 212.

Last, I have a question. I'm running white/white springs with b5 arms fr/rr and it seems like I could use just a hair more steering. I'm runnning pretty much the [Lite] box setup down to the oil. Since the track is sugared, traction is as good as it gets. Anybody run green springs up front? For my RB6 I'd stiffen the rear first but I know the b5m is definitely different in that respect. I also tried to run a heavier lipo and that didn't change the cars feel much so I'm out of ideas.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the greaser
Hey guys I just wanted to let everyone oh here know about a new company making custom Diff parts for the B5 series. Check them out at www.slickdiffz.com
*added to the front page.

Bfast, TKO, and now this company. Schelle? Exotek? Who's next?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
We officially started sugared track season. I found out the light weight car I built before I bought my Lite is lighter than my Lite. Its 1425 grams with a 3250 pack.....and with an Orion 4500 pack its 1470. If I want to run in the JBRL I will have to add some weight.

When I built my Lite I tried a bunch of new stuff. 1) Imbue brass shock pistons. I give those a fail. I can't quite explain why, but they make the car feel weird...maybe too much pack even when I lighten up the oil. 2) Proline VTRs.....also a fail. The rears are starting to tear. They don't last long and its not because the tread wears out, rather, its because the sidewall is coming apart. 3) I bought a Hobbywing Bandit 17.5 non ROAR legal stock motor. I give the motor a big thumbs up. There is no faster 17.5. Its just plain wrong. If your track has loose rules its the way to go. It is a torque monster and feels like a stout 13.5. I have it geared 35/69 and I just ordered a 36 pinion. I might even try 36/66. The magnets are so strong that you can barely turn the motor over by hand. If you're going to run a cheater motor these are half the price of a certified big blue. Mine hasn't got over 140 and Hobbywing says they are rated to a conservative 212.

Last, I have a question. I'm running white/white springs with b5 arms fr/rr and it seems like I could use just a hair more steering. I'm runnning pretty much the [Lite] box setup down to the oil. Since the track is sugared, traction is as good as it gets. Anybody run green springs up front? For my RB6 I'd stiffen the rear first but I know the b5m is definitely different in that respect. I also tried to run a heavier lipo and that didn't change the cars feel much so I'm out of ideas.
30* block
Old 05-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE

I could be wrong but it looks like Cav is running a green front spring
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 05-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anybody having problems with a shock sitting on the mount? I have the aluminum mounts and there is a ton of play between the shock and the mount.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrandonBreh
Anybody having problems with a shock sitting on the mount? I have the aluminum mounts and there is a ton of play between the shock and the mount.
You need the plastic replaceable pivot balls. The newer packages include them
Old 05-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrandonBreh
AE should really do a better job with those. the mounts should come with balls.....silly
Old 05-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
AE should really do a better job with those. the mounts should come with balls.....silly
Agreed, I got some new aluminum ones and put on new shocks and there is play in there.

I'm thinking the plastic ones like what are on My B5M-L are a better way of doing it.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

I got the short shock mounts. They will still work correct? To get those black pivot balls, do i need to buy the other package?
Old 05-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If your going to use the Aluminum Shock Bushing on your B5M you need both parts which are sold separately.
ASC91533 Shock Bushings
ASC91447 Shock Bushing Balls
Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Mine came with the bushings in it.

Going to the 1.4x3 will just give more steering right? Seems to be a very common setup change, but I don't think I could handle more steering.

The spacers on the ball-stud on the front shock tower affects what?
Old 05-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I use the avid ones. 5 months and still snug on the shock caps
Old 05-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
Mine came with the bushings in it.

Going to the 1.4x3 will just give more steering right? Seems to be a very common setup change, but I don't think I could handle more steering.

The spacers on the ball-stud on the front shock tower affects what?
Here is a complete guide on using ballstud washers and how they effect the car

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ber-links.html
Old 05-03-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCW
Sorry if it's already been said, but the setup sheets from the stock Nats are posted on AE's site.
I love how kody's setup sheet for electronics says see rivkin's setup.. and then rivkin's sheet says see rivkin's sheet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.