R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #20191
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: parma, ohio
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
Yet one of the best, most entertaining "off road" series going is Robby Gordon's Stadium Super Truck series and they run exclusively on pavement....
thats not off road!
i watch the lucas oil off road racing series and torc off road Racing series
because it's OFF ROAD RACING IN DIRT!
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #20192
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: parma, ohio
Posts: 203
Default

i don't think some of you guys get the meaning of off road.

to new schoolers it means running on anything as long as it's not in the street.

to old schoolers it means dirt, less traction, changing track conditions from heat to heat.

just becuase there is a jump or 2 doesn't make it off road. just run in your drive way then.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #20193
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,985
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2810 View Post
i don't think some of you guys get the meaning of off road.

to new schoolers it means running on anything as long as it's not in the street.

to old schoolers it means dirt, less traction, changing track conditions from heat to heat.

just becuase there is a jump or 2 doesn't make it off road. just run in your drive way then.
I have been racing since the 80's and I get what you are saying....but times are changing...I expect more and more carpet track to pop up. 8th scale will probably continue to be dirt though.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:50 AM   #20194
Tech Regular
 
DennisNyholm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

So, how about that B5m?
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:51 AM   #20195
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: parma, ohio
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I have been racing since the 80's and I get what you are saying....but times are changing...I expect more and more carpet track to pop up. 8th scale will probably continue to be dirt though.
+1 since the 80's. yes i think so too. here in ohio we are still 90% dirt.
also most track here are 1/8 track even some indoor tracks so maybe
a few more years left.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:55 AM   #20196
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisNyholm View Post
So, how about that B5m?
Ha I know right? People are too busy resisting evolution I guess.

Back on topic though, what front wing mount is the most durable? I had the Proline mount, but it cracked and finally broke on me. I'm wanting something that will last me about a month and a half - til mid June.
boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:58 AM   #20197
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,985
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher View Post
Ha I know right? People are too busy resisting evolution I guess.

Back on topic though, what front wing mount is the most durable? I had the Proline mount, but it cracked and finally broke on me. I'm wanting something that will last me about a month and a half - til mid June.
Ok, lets say this all together....3d printing is crap....I refuse to use any of the crap any more
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:00 AM   #20198
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 290
Default

Are there any that aren't printed? I know most are.
boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #20199
Tech Regular
 
Gigasipke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
Yet one of the best, most entertaining "off road" series going is Robby Gordon's Stadium Super Truck series and they run exclusively on pavement....
Not related to B5M but not true. http://stadiumsupertrucks.com/galler...track-testing/
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~
-T5M (13.5), - B6D (17.5)
-Mad Dogz Hobby Team Driver
https://youtu.be/Rg4Jlid5dFo
Steve Aldous
Gigasipke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #20200
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: parma, ohio
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisNyholm View Post
So, how about that B5m?

don't see any reason to change.

wings now on the front of cars giv me a break.

want you front wing to last longer. crash less.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #20201
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-35033429.jpg  
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #20202
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,985
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

If you really want to try a printed front wing mount, try the Mike Gay/Schelle mount. It is probably the best of them on the market....
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:19 AM   #20203
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: parma, ohio
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
now thats funny. i am laughing out loud too hahah.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #20204
a1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 305
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2810 View Post
i don't think some of you guys get the meaning of off road.

to new schoolers it means running on anything as long as it's not in the street.

to old schoolers it means dirt, less traction, changing track conditions from heat to heat.

just becuase there is a jump or 2 doesn't make it off road. just run in your drive way then.
The way I get it is the higher grip tracks takes alot of the tuning curve out of the equation. Which in turn makes for more folks to get into the RC hobby since there learning curve is lower than it would be learning to race on a dusty track. Doesnt really matter I guess as long as every one is having fun. I prefer dirt, it has taught me a lot to tune the car from spinning out to "sticking" around a turn on a loose track. Wheres the fun in spraying glue on the track to make it around.lol At the end of the day more into the hobby is a good thing. I dont know maybe the sticky tracks are a good thing. At the local track at least one person gets hit a week because the drivers cant keep the cars on the track.
a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #20205
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,985
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1 View Post
The way I get it is the higher grip tracks takes alot of the tuning curve out of the equation. Which in turn makes for more folks to get into the RC hobby since there learning curve is lower than it would be learning to race on a dusty track. Doesnt really matter I guess as long as every one is having fun. I prefer dirt, it has taught me a lot to tune the car from spinning out to "sticking" around a turn on a loose track. Wheres the fun in spraying glue on the track to make it around.lol At the end of the day more into the hobby is a good thing. I dont know maybe the sticky tracks are a good thing. At the local track at least one person gets hit a week because the drivers cant keep the cars on the track.
I disagree. More tuning on high grip. Low grip is tires and throttle control. feeling changes on low grip with changing conditions, make tuning time less and tires and driving more important. Tires are always important, so we can eliminate that since it is a given. Now i am talking LOW grip. like rooster tail crap. On high grip, you need to trying and get the cars to turn, but not traction roll. IMO it is more tuning. I used to race outdoors on looser tracks. When I removed a ball stud washer, I never felt a change. I could feel big changes, but not the small ones. On high grip you can feel the small changes better, thus allowing for fine tuned setups. But the driver and tires is still 98% of the equation.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:09 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net