R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 03-14-2016, 07:09 PM   #18976
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrin M View Post
Please help. I'm considering buying a B5M. my last buggy was a b4.2 and loved it, but been out of the hobby for a little while.

I'm thinking either the lite, or the Cham. edition.
I will be racing on turf. (Stock)
Also considering waiting until the laydown tranny comes out.

Any advise or suggestions would be great.
There are so many other kits that had the potential on the turf and the one was in the right hands. If you decide to run a little clay the "lite" is the Ultimate
Dialed-RC Hobbies
TEN-SCTE 3.0/22SCT 3.0
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #18977
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor View Post
Please keep me updated. Im gonna try a couple of the things you listed. Already moved the hubs forwards and that helped a little.
OK I might be wrong but here is my thought. I tried something at my local track. It was a new layout and buggy was just a little rear end happy in the corners. Now I know many will say, " track hasn't come in yet". But I know other cars were not doing the same as mine so tried a change. Instead of running my camber links on the rear ( in on rear tower and middle on hub) I went to (in on rear tower and in on rear hubs. I was hoping for a little more camber gain in the corners.
sandman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:17 AM   #18978
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman75 View Post
OK I might be wrong but here is my thought. I tried something at my local track. It was a new layout and buggy was just a little rear end happy in the corners. Now I know many will say, " track hasn't come in yet". But I know other cars were not doing the same as mine so tried a change. Instead of running my camber links on the rear ( in on rear tower and middle on hub) I went to (in on rear tower and in on rear hubs. I was hoping for a little more camber gain in the corners.
That would be opposite of what I have heard, I heard if it gets rear end happy to lengthen the rear camber links.
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:54 AM   #18979
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
That would be opposite of what I have heard, I heard if it gets rear end happy to lengthen the rear camber links.
A shorter rear link is generally more stable, also rotates quicker.The shorter link stiffens the rear suspension creating less roll
Flip boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:30 AM   #18980
Tech Rookie

Anyone have a FL they want to sell?
Arrin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:32 AM   #18981
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
If you are on a high bite track lengthen them it will make the car less twichey. On a loose track shorten them you will get more camber gain. On a high bite track you don't need as much camber gain.
sandman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:40 AM   #18982
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Anyone have a FL they want to sell?
There are a few in the for sale forums. I think I've seen 2 or 3 in the past couple of days.
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:52 AM   #18983
Tech Rookie

Yeah I have too. Seems like I always miss Them.. And sucks even more since I lost the PW to my old user name it wont let me post the stuff I'm trying to sell.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:53 AM   #18984
Tech Rookie

Oh and was going to ask. Since I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a FL. Are there any recommendations or "Must Haves"?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #18985
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Oh and was going to ask. Since I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a FL. Are there any recommendations or "Must Haves"?

Thanks
Pretty much just race out of the box. The only thing I have purchased is an aluminum from hinge pin brace since I broke the plastic one.

There might be some nice things to have but nothing necessary. Like ceramic bearings, cut gears, etc...
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #18986
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip boy View Post
A shorter rear link is generally more stable, also rotates quicker.The shorter link stiffens the rear suspension creating less roll
I lengthened them out and totally not drivebable- totally spinning around corners.
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #18987
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman75 View Post
So if i move the rear hub forward; it will stabilized the rear more? This will make the buggy shorter in wheelbase. I always think long wheelbase is more rear end stable?? Can someone pls explain?
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:58 AM   #18988
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Aluminum rear hubs

What is the increase in weight for the aluminum rear hubs? Do they impact handling much and is it worth getting schelle? Thx
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:59 AM   #18989
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
So if i move the rear hub forward; it will stabilized the rear more? This will make the buggy shorter in wheelbase. I always think long wheelbase is more rear end stable?? Can someone pls explain?
Shorter wheel base is more stable. Hence why people were putting rear motor rear arms on the mid motor car, to shorten the wheel base and make the car more stable.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #18990
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
What is the increase in weight for the aluminum rear hubs? Do they impact handling much and is it worth getting schelle? Thx
They do add weight on the rear end. Not sure on the specific amount. They also change the flex on the rear suspension as well. They're certainly more rigid.