Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

do any of you guys use the "gullwing" arms and wide shock tower from the B5M? i was thinking of picking a set up and trying them out...

i was reading this article and it said,

"Bob Stellflue, however, explained that the gullwing arms, and wider front shock tower that accompanies them, will instead be a tuning option – and that they’ll most likely be used on the rear-motor car more often. Whereas the straight front arm design increases the progressive feel of the front suspension, making it “stiffer” as the car rolls during cornering, the gullwing arms maintain a much more linear rate as the shocks compress, which makes the front end of the car feel “softer” and increases the car’s steering response."

- http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2014...c10b5-and-b5m/
Old 02-02-2015, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sharkbaitdamon
trying to get some steering going into a high speed sweeper indoor clay med-high grip, no matter what i do it seems to push wide and won't hug the pipe or even stay in the line. i have tapered pistons in the front and rear due to the bumpiness of our track tried adding a little weight under the servo but i can't seem to get it to steer like i want it to. any suggestions?
Is the push before or after the apex. I.e. are you on or off power when the push happens? That makes all the difference in how you address it.

Wayne
Old 02-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Is the push before or after the apex. I.e. are you on or off power when the push happens? That makes all the difference in how you address it.

Wayne
+1
Old 02-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Has anyone been down to zero, 0, numero uno spacers for roll center? (stock plastic mount) I did this past weekend. I'm still running 17.5 until I get the rear end a little more situated. My biggest problem is diff/diff halves/dog bone pins. Looks like its time to harden these things as greasing only last a heat or two at best. They've lasted nearly a year but dang it that's just unacceptable lol.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
Has anyone been down to zero, 0, numero uno spacers for roll center? (stock plastic mount) I did this past weekend. I'm still running 17.5 until I get the rear end a little more situated. My biggest problem is diff/diff halves/dog bone pins. Looks like its time to harden these things as greasing only last a heat or two at best. They've lasted nearly a year but dang it that's just unacceptable lol.
I run the alum mount with -2mm and 2mm of spacers. Same thing as plastic with no washers.

What is wrong with the rear end of the car? I assume you are not using pucks?
Old 02-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

some one tell me how to mod the stock motor plate for a 3 gear box?
Old 02-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
some one tell me how to mod the stock motor plate for a 3 gear box?
2 options, counter sink the backside of the plate some so flat head screws clear their heads (I was able to make mine flush). Or use button heads, and shim out the slipper assembly until it clears (shims on the top shaft).
Old 02-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So my motor is running a little hotter than I like it in my B5M, so what do I need to wire up a fan for my motor. I see some guys hook it up to the receiver but where do I get the wire that plugs into the receiver? Are there any other options like can I solder it to my + & - terminals on my ESC?
Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Can get blank 3 prong receiver plugs/pins at just about any hobby shop.

Also would be fine to wire directly to the +/- leads on your speed controller. The fan will go on as soon as battery is connected unless you wire in a switch, but thats no big deal.

In theory the little fan should only pull a minuscule amount of amperage, so there should be little risk of brown outs via receiver power.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbowen
So my motor is running a little hotter than I like it in my B5M, so what do I need to wire up a fan for my motor. I see some guys hook it up to the receiver but where do I get the wire that plugs into the receiver? Are there any other options like can I solder it to my + & - terminals on my ESC?
first off I would get the fan mount i linked a page or so back. Second, I hooked my fan to the esc, because I only wanted it to run with the esc on. I used a servo extension wire and solders it to the fan wires and shrink wrapped it.\

I used this and cut to length
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDGMD&P=7

I just found this. you get many spares

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-150mm-...item486ace5276
Old 02-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
first off I would get the fan mount i linked a page or so back. Second, I hooked my fan to the esc, because I only wanted it to run with the esc on. I used a servo extension wire and solders it to the fan wires and shrink wrapped it.\

I used this and cut to length
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDGMD&P=7

I just found this. you get many spares

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-150mm-...item486ace5276
Sweet thank you guys for the help guys!!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
2 options, counter sink the backside of the plate some so flat head screws clear their heads (I was able to make mine flush). Or use button heads, and shim out the slipper assembly until it clears (shims on the top shaft).
the back side of the stock holes? will the stock gear cover still fit?
Old 02-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
the back side of the stock holes? will the stock gear cover still fit?
you need the "3 gear" gear cover. yes, the backside of the stock holes that secure the plate to the tranny case.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

not much meat in the holes to counter sink them
Old 02-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I run the alum mount with -2mm and 2mm of spacers. Same thing as plastic with no washers.

What is wrong with the rear end of the car? I assume you are not using pucks?

Correct. dog bone and outdrive wear so I will be looking into hardening. I just like proving that avg joe can be very competitive with stock/near stock kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.