Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't mind asking the naive question.. If this is the 'next release' of the B5m and it is being sold as a "lite" version catering towards stock class, would this car not be good for mod?
Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If you have hi grip then maybe, if not slap in a 4 gear trans.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
haha, you get enough "slow" people to run mod and I will join you. lol If mod gets to me 25+ entries like Stock, I am down
Do you find the slipper to be useful for stock, other than protecting the diff? I never really have.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Question for those who use a slipper eliminator. Why not just tighten down your stock slipper so it doesn't slip?
Old 01-30-2015, 01:01 PM
Tech Rookie

I still run a slipper in stock. I prefer a small amount of slip if needed. My Pucks are lasting a VERY long time with it. So that is nice. I would have to say that I have ran at least 40 packs, cleaned them once. Have yet to replace a puck, but I am due to check it out.

I am running the Avid slipper and it works great over the stock unit.

I have to say, I am a little sad to see that AE did not come out with an option to run the battery inline. The setup has worked so well for so many people... It is just odd that it is not a option yet.

Reading on the 3 vs 4 gear, if I am understanding this correct, 4 gear transfer more weight to the rear tires and 3 gear transfers more to the front (when on power). I would assume that 4 gear is still likely the best option on a med bite, outdoor dirt track?

I am currently fighting a on power steering issue (or lack of) that I just have not had time to figure out. Its driving me a little nuts. I think if I drop down in the shock oil, it will help over all. The rebound seems slow and I am thinking that it is causing some issues... I need some time on the track. lol
Old 01-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Do you find the slipper to be useful for stock, other than protecting the diff? I never really have.
Yes in medium to low grip or dusty conditions absolutely bc the eliminator has no give and your car will do doughnuts if you get on throttle to hard in those conditions.

And to answer the other guys question even when you have a slipper locked down it still has more give than an eliminator which has NONE! I didn't believe it until I ran an eliminator in dusty conditions bc I had my slipper almost locked before and it still had some give. But another positive is that the eliminator is lighter so less rotating mass.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ocpop
Question for those who use a slipper eliminator. Why not just tighten down your stock slipper so it doesn't slip?
2 fold issue. weight and you can use smaller gears such as 66 if you really feel the need.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Basically you are discharging the pack at at least 20amps and then immediately charging it at say...40 amps. The discharge cycle puts heat into the pack and the 40amp charge charges the pack quick while keeping the heat in. The heat lowers the internal resistance of the pack which enables it to flow the "juice" much easier.
Thanks for the info. That's gotta kill battery life for sure. Please, racers, if you are going to "juice" your batteries, put up a sign in your pit area. I want to make sure I pit very far away from you. That way I can watch the mushroom cloud explosion from a safe difference.

I wonder if people still can't figure out why this hobby doesn't grow all that much.

Anyway....back on topic. I'm probably going to pick up the new buggy when it comes out in March.

Last edited by blade329; 01-30-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onefast8
Was just browsing Reddit and saw this random post:

http://i.imgur.com/37cnpFe.gifv

Pretty cool whip, probably one of you guys!
Too bad he blew the turn in the process of looking cool
Old 01-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
it calms the car down. I like it.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sstriano
I was programming my ESC tonight and had the rear wheels off... Testing the throttle, I noticed the slightest little "bump" in the rear dog-bone on the right side... I am talking very small, but the other side is perfect.

My question is are the dog-bones perfectly straight or do they have a tolerance to be slightly out?

When the RPM increases it seems like the "bump" goes away, and there and no vibrations or anything like that.

What are the risks of running a slightly bent one... I dont think it is bent, that is how minor it is, but it is not perfect like the other side.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by AZJP
Replace it. Any wobble can wear other parts, such as hub bearings or wear the outdrive.

IMO, you don't need to replace anything, if you're sure it's not bent. I've built new kits that have this slight wobble. My unedgeumacated guess..The bone floats in the out drive, fact. As you apply LITTLE throttle load/friction is put on the bone and it won't 'center' in the out drive until enough throttle is applied that the bone overcomes that friction and centrifugal force centers the bone.

Or I could be a complete idiot and be way wrong. (don't answer that)
Old 01-30-2015, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mason
2 fold issue. weight and you can use smaller gears such as 66 if you really feel the need.
Avid or Schelle slippers have a 66t spur gear available.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AlmostIllegal
I still run a slipper in stock. I prefer a small amount of slip if needed. My Pucks are lasting a VERY long time with it. So that is nice. I would have to say that I have ran at least 40 packs, cleaned them once. Have yet to replace a puck, but I am due to check it out.

I am running the Avid slipper and it works great over the stock unit.

I have to say, I am a little sad to see that AE did not come out with an option to run the battery inline. The setup has worked so well for so many people... It is just odd that it is not a option yet.

Reading on the 3 vs 4 gear, if I am understanding this correct, 4 gear transfer more weight to the rear tires and 3 gear transfers more to the front (when on power). I would assume that 4 gear is still likely the best option on a med bite, outdoor dirt track?

I am currently fighting a on power steering issue (or lack of) that I just have not had time to figure out. Its driving me a little nuts. I think if I drop down in the shock oil, it will help over all. The rebound seems slow and I am thinking that it is causing some issues... I need some time on the track. lol
I had on power issues too. I changed to 3mm trailing and moved my bat forward a small amount. Then moved the rear hubs to the center. U could also drop the front end of the car by a 1/2mm to help or use offset caster bushings
Old 01-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry just trying to get my build finished
Can someone tell me the difference with the rear CVA pin and the CVA wheel hex pin they are the same colour and close to the same lenght if not the same.
How do you tell the difference??

Sorry in my Worlds they were different colours and 1 was a roll pin
Any help would be great
Old 01-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hey guys. I just got my kit today! I can't wait to start the build. Thanks to Jason for keeping the first post updated and everyone else for contributing. It's nice to get a kit that has a bunch of people active on the thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.