Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Socket

No sure on the availability date. I just want the chassis.
Mid March
Old 01-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Geez AE. We have a factory team 17.5 car, but not a factory team mod car?

This new kit w/ 4 gear trans and VTS slipper and steel axles would be great for mod.

Guess you get this new kit and then buy the vts parts and 4 gear case and another idler gear. Meh.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Loose Front End

Front end is loose. When checking camber, it changes per drop so can not set camber accurately. I need a list of parts to replace to tighten things up. Thanks
Old 01-29-2015, 09:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah123
Front end is loose. When checking camber, it changes per drop so can not set camber accurately. I need a list of parts to replace to tighten things up. Thanks
Your battle will be futile. Come up with a system that will give you the same reading every time. Dropping onto the table will not.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

I purchased my B5 last August. I finally took down to the track today, first time back on the track after 1 1/2 years. The RC10B5 is amazing, handles so neutral, fast, easy to jump, I absolutely love it. One of the best out of the box rc cars I have ever driven. That being said, my driving really sucks, just a little rusty.
I am planning on racing next Friday; )
Old 01-29-2015, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Question for you guys, how much play (if any) is acceptable in the top shaft - as far as in/out movement goes? My stock top shaft has a lot of play and I just replaced it with the MIP shaft. It's better than it was, but still has around .40 - .50mm of play in it. I don't remember my RM car having this issue. If shimming is required can someone recommend a set of shims? Thanks.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I was programming my ESC tonight and had the rear wheels off... Testing the throttle, I noticed the slightest little "bump" in the rear dog-bone on the right side... I am talking very small, but the other side is perfect.

My question is are the dog-bones perfectly straight or do they have a tolerance to be slightly out?

When the RPM increases it seems like the "bump" goes away, and there and no vibrations or anything like that.

What are the risks of running a slightly bent one... I dont think it is bent, that is how minor it is, but it is not perfect like the other side.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
sure give that one a shot. honestly, I am in the same boat as you. I have a d3.5, but cactus is coming up and I cant run it. I am seriously thinking about just getting a trackstar motor for cactus, lol. I have a reedy I want to try this weekend, but I know it is not as good as my d3.5.
Leigh,

You really need to give the Schuur Speed motors a try. Out here at OCRC , they are 9 out of 10 in the expert stock main. In our sportsman stock buggy class its another 15-20 out of 30 drivers as well. Its a great competitive ROAR legal motor.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

the funny thing is... I have never heard of the plastic ones breaking. Personally, I would never buy the alum cranks for this car. I have some on my car, because i bought it used, but i use the plastic ones on the car I built. 1 year on the plastic ones with no issues.
I did have one issue, ball stud pulled out had to shoo goo until I replaced with another plastic one.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
Question for you guys, how much play (if any) is acceptable in the top shaft - as far as in/out movement goes? My stock top shaft has a lot of play and I just replaced it with the MIP shaft. It's better than it was, but still has around .40 - .50mm of play in it. I don't remember my RM car having this issue. If shimming is required can someone recommend a set of shims? Thanks.
I had to shim both my b5 and b5m. m was so bad the rear slipper plate was rubbing. don't know what shims I used, just had some in the box. both using associated aluminum top shafts
Old 01-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

So I assume you guys did a lot of stock testing and the 3 gear is the defacto stock upgrade.
I watched Sean C. from Associated test the new milled chassis for awhile and its been real good. He has tested the 3 gear transmission for a couple months and its super smooth and real tight tolerances. Sean has let the expert stock drivers try his buggy and test it and give feedback and its all been great news for the OCRC track.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm do for a new kit anyways so perfect timing.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Sorry I'm late with these...

http://www.redrc.net/2015/01/jconcep...ng-bellcranks/

JConcepts has the steering system on the B5, B5M and T5M covered with an all new light-weight, aluminium steering bellcrank assembly. The servo saver-less aluminium steering system is CNC-machined and replaces the stock plastic bellcranks to provide a more rigid assembly for increased steering feel and response. Furthermore the fit of the new bell-cranks has been improved by the positioning of the bearings to help eliminate binding when assembled. The parts come in a blue or black anodised finish and sport machined chamfered silver edges and engraved JC logos. The steering bell-cranks also include two thin crush tubes which should be placed in between the bearings on the stock plastic or aftermarket aluminium steering rack.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sstriano
I was programming my ESC tonight and had the rear wheels off... Testing the throttle, I noticed the slightest little "bump" in the rear dog-bone on the right side... I am talking very small, but the other side is perfect.

My question is are the dog-bones perfectly straight or do they have a tolerance to be slightly out?

When the RPM increases it seems like the "bump" goes away, and there and no vibrations or anything like that.

What are the risks of running a slightly bent one... I dont think it is bent, that is how minor it is, but it is not perfect like the other side.

Thanks!
Replace it. Any wobble can wear other parts, such as hub bearings or wear the outdrive.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The jc rack looks nice a definite buy for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.