Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 65BAJA
I ran the new car for the first time last night. It's a big difference going from 4x4 mod short course to 17.5 buggy. Anyway one thing I noticed was it had very little off power steering. I'm getting full steering lock to lock but the front end just doesn't seem to stick. What should be the first thing to change? It's set up box stock right now.
Originally Posted by dirtdog
Tires. Car has lots of steering. Either wait for tires to break in or change tires.
Originally Posted by a1
not enough info but i agree the steering is there you just got to tune it in.
Agree. Tires are always the first and foremost part to tune with.

We ran today, first "race" on the new layout and they didn't prep it. It was dry and dusty as hell. Had quite a bit of a push what we had earlier this week when we dialed the car in. We were running the kit set-up with 2 small changes. I ended up going to a short wheel base and the 2 hole rear hub insert mounted inside hole. Car rotated a ton better but not uncontrollably. May have even needed to go one more hole in, but we were fighting electronics all day. Found out that the controller was the issue.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Less push :
Front 45gr bulkhead will help a lot, also going from ball diff to geardiff, with 5000 oil, makes that the car has almost turn on power and going not to soft in oil and springs in rear, this in combo with the slipper tighter gives also more on power steering, and I leave the front 1mm lower than the back. Less rearward traction on power.

Last edited by Svendc; 01-02-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default So this happened...

Was tearing my car down today and noticed the bottom two holes in the front chassis plate were cracked. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I suspect I might be to blame here too as maybe I tightened them too much? The damage seems mostly cosmetic but I am going to swap it out anyway. Interestingly enough the top two screws are the exact opposite, instead of tightening them all the way it seems you have to just leave them "firm" because too tight and the front bumper buckles under the screw pressure. At any rate, I attached some pictures to show what I am talking about.

I love this latest generation of Associated cars but one complaint I do have is a lot of the screws don't give good purchase feedback when you are screwing them in. Seems sometimes they let you know when they are bottomed out and tight and other screws just seem to not tighten and lock which isn't very confidence inspiring and leaves you to wonder if it is tight or stripped.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-img_3117.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-img_3118.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-img_3119.jpg  
Old 01-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Is that the lite chassis?
Old 01-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Is that the lite chassis?
Yes, it is from a Factory Lite car however I believe the front chassis plate is the same for all B5M versions, actually all the '5M' versions even. They all share the same part#91512 https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...chassis_plate/
Old 01-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tower is showing the B5M CE as discontinued already. Well, that was quick!
Old 01-03-2016, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tsair
Tower is showing the B5M CE as discontinued already. Well, that was quick!
Next B5m world's car... With other tower and lay down transmission😯 😁😂
Old 01-03-2016, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

Wow that was fast. So is a good idea to get one of the last CE's?
Getting the idea instead of upgrading my broken B5 into B5M to buy a whole new B5M CE instead

Had the same discussion yesterday with a friend and we both agreed, that there isn't any kind of rumor or even the slightest idea on what upgrade AE could possibly present.
The low gear tranny was denied by Asso and except this, I have absolutly no idea what kind of change would justify a B5.1 (or whatever).

So upgrading or buying into a B5 should still be a very good idea.

(Hopefully I am not proven terribly wrong)
Old 01-03-2016, 01:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

AE has already stated that a laydown transmission is "not gonna happen". Whether that's true or not time will tell. As far as tower discontinuing the CE kit...its been discontinued for at least a couple weeks on their site.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by man1ac
Wow that was fast. So is a good idea to get one of the last CE's?
Getting the idea instead of upgrading my broken B5 into B5M to buy a whole new B5M CE instead

Had the same discussion yesterday with a friend and we both agreed, that there isn't any kind of rumor or even the slightest idea on what upgrade AE could possibly present.
The low gear tranny was denied by Asso and except this, I have absolutly no idea what kind of change would justify a B5.1 (or whatever).

So upgrading or buying into a B5 should still be a very good idea.

(Hopefully I am not proven terribly wrong)
If it were me, this is what I would do:

Discontinue the B4.2 rtr
Offer the B5 as an rtr only and change it's designation to B5rm
Change the B5m's designation to B5 and offer two versions. The Factory Lite and Factory Team.

Warning. This is only an opinion *mic drop*
Old 01-03-2016, 02:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
AE has already stated that a laydown transmission is "not gonna happen". Whether that's true or not time will tell. As far as tower discontinuing the CE kit...its been discontinued for at least a couple weeks on their site.
I cant help me, but I think it may not net best idea to switch to the B5M at the moment? Or am I being terribly wrong?
Old 01-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The CE is literally a b5m team kit with most of the fl hop ups thrown in the box and the kasima shock bodies. It even comes with a whole set of the black shield bearings and turnbuckles in addition to the fl bearings and turnbuckles. It has a team kit manual.

I think the fl is going to set you up for most indoor tracks. My CE is setup just like an fl other than the shock bodies and the team chassis.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

The FL is quite uninteressting for me because my friend cant get it for a special price, so its either the FL for 280€ or the CE für 300€...i think the CE is the way better deal here?!
Old 01-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think from a buisness standpoint t associated wold be fools not to offer a world's car.

At 2 of the local tracks (carpet),associated lost a ton of market share to yokomo, schumacher, team c .. Guys are chomping at the bit for the new durango..

Alot of track are or are in the process of converting to carpet/astro.

The local guys who are fast consistant winners with b5m are now mid pack runners, due to the new breed of high bite cars on the market.

Just my opinion on state of the hobby
Old 01-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So how does everyone feel about the jconcepts servo mount? I'm trying to decide to buy the mount or one of the avid/schelle turnbuckle wrench to setup my servos consistently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.